Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shado-Pan assault reputation

I see that reputation farming like daily quests farming in 5.0. Doing content you don't want just to have access to valor gear. Why if it is was not acceptable for dailies in 5.0 is acceptable for raid now in 5.2. I have to farm all LFR wings now (even if I don't need gear from them mostly) just to get that 330 rep per boss. I don't see the point of this. What makes this situation more acceptable (I did not hear any outcry) than dailies in 5.0 (who are more interesting imo). I will run the LFR until I get exalted anyway but I don't like that game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a guild good enough to clear normal and then you won't need LFR.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

What makes you feel entitled to ilvl 522 gear if you're not going to run the content it's intended for? Do you really need that extra oomph for soloing/dungeons? Because if you're raiding normal ToT it shouldn't be long until Shado-Pan Assault valor gear is useless and you can only get rep once per boss kill anyway.
    Honestly, I fail to see what you're complaining about.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2013-05-16 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

If you don't want to raid, why do you want raid gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, not interested in raiding but thanks for the tip.

Valor gear is not raiding gear. If it was, it would not be available by only doing dailies in 5.0.

Deleted
    You don't want to do lfr, and you don't want to do raiding. So... why do you need valor gear exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I see that reputation farming like daily quests farming in 5.0. Doing content you don't want just to have access to valor gear. Why if it is was not acceptable for dailies in 5.0 is acceptable for raid now in 5.2. I have to farm all LFR wings now (even if I don't need gear from them mostly) just to get that 330 rep per boss. I don't see the point of this. What makes this situation more acceptable (I did not hear any outcry) than dailies in 5.0 (who are more interesting imo). I will run the LFR until I get exalted anyway but I don't like that game design.

It's acceptable because the 522 gear is there to help you get pieces you otherwise haven't gotten in Throne of Thunder yet. If you do Normal or Heroic raiding odds are you won't need any of the honored/revered/exalted pieces. If you are doing LFR then the pieces you'll get later reps will be nice upgrades, but are by no means required to the do the content you are doing.

If you aren't raiding at all then getting 522 gear shouldn't be that big of a concern to you or you'd already be doing LFR. Valor gear is intended to fill in slots that you are just having bad luck with.

What made the difference in your comparison is that you had to do dailies in order to get Valor gear. So on top of raiding you were doing dailies and most didn't like this (most of the complaining was coming from their alts). Whereas in Throne of Thunder you are getting rep while doing your raiding (so there's no extra work).

Eh, not interested in raiding but thanks for the tip.

Valor gear is not raiding gear. If it was, it would not be available by only doing dailies in 5.0.
    Wait, what? People are saying if you don't want to put in the effort of doing LFR or Normal/Heroic then why do you need gear that is of raid level quality? Odds are you are just farming dungeons/scenarios or farming mobs. If you do want gear of that quality is it really that hard to put in a little effort and do all the bosses even if you do it in LFR?
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-05-16 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    You don't want to do lfr, and you don't want to do raiding. So... why do you need valor gear exactly?
    I did not say I don't want to raid in LFR. I want to do LFR, to actually see the content and get the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the problem you don't want to do every boss each week just for rep? I can get that and it would be nice if they added another slower way to get the rep but then people would just bitch about that being mandatory. Either way someone will be upset.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    I did not say I don't want to raid in LFR. I want to do LFR, to actually see the content and get the gear.
    Valor gear is 522 indicating it's intended for normal mode raiders. Normal ToT is linear so a full clear happens anyway, the way LFR is sectioned is the exception rather than the rule. What other solution would you offer instead?

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    So is the problem you don't want to do every boss each week just for rep? I can get that and it would be nice if they added another slower way to get the rep but then people would just bitch about that being mandatory. Either way someone will be upset.
    Well there is the weekly quest for those to do as well that gives 330 rep. It's not much, but it's something so they can still get a little rep. There was talks about adding a 100% rep token at revered in 5.3, but I don't know if that got pushed through or they are holding off on it some more. Though it doesn't really help anything unless someone needs exalted shoulders or have alts running it.

It's intended as filler gear for slots you aren't lucky enough to fill via raiding. It is a MUCH better design than the god awful "dailies, dailies everywhere" setup at the start of this expansion. At least you now get this valor gear, intended to help you with raiding...by raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

What made the difference in your comparison is that you had to do dailies in order to get Valor gear. So on top of raiding you were doing dailies and most didn't like this (most of the complaining was coming from their alts). Whereas in Throne of Thunder you are getting rep while doing your raiding (so there's no extra work).
    Wait, what? People are saying if you don't want to put in the effort of doing LFR or Normal/Heroic then why do you need gear that is of raid level quality? Odds are you are just farming dungeons/scenarios or farming mobs. If you do want gear of that quality is it really that hard to put in a little effort and do all the bosses even if you do it in LFR?
    But it required to do only quests in 5.0. to have access to that gear! I don't question the idea of gating to have access to valor gear. I just disagree with the double standard. why doing dailies was -for many- such a bad idea in 5.0. and farming raids makes it a good in 5.2. Valor gear is not just to fill up gear for raiders. It is best in slot for many others. I will run LFR to become exalted but I would have liked another way to earn that reputation.

Deleted
    But it required to do only quests in 5.0. to have access to that gear! I don't question the idea of gating to have access to valor gear. I just disagree with the double standard. why doing dailies was -for many- such a bad idea in 5.0. and farming raids makes it a good in 5.2. Valor gear is not just to fill up gear for raiders. It is best in slot for many others. I will run LFR to become exalted but I would have liked another way to earn that reputation.
    because you don't need the gear unless you're raiding. It makes sense that doing raids rewards raid level gear. Doing something as unrelated as dailies doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just another mechanism for blizzard to lock you into a subscription for a lil longer. Raiders probably have stronger tendency for obsessive or addictive personality traits. If you're lucky you can hang with 9 other bigger addicts and be farming 10 man already. But if you like to hang out with fewer and less addictied people, lfr is your only progression route.

To quote Nancy Reagan, "Just say No."

1) Valor gear is raiding gear.

2) There is nothing you can buy at SPA exalted that costs valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I get valor points for completing quests, scenarios and dungeons then. I just ask for an additional way to earn valor gear, nothing more.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Valor gear is filler gear anyway.

Why do I get valor points for completing quests, scenarios and dungeons then. I just ask for an additional way to earn valor gear, nothing more.
    emblems (that evolved into valor) were created to provide players a protection against bad luck in raid drops. than people QQd that they had to raid to get raid gear, and blizz put valor and valor gear on dailies. than people QQd that they had to do dailies to get raid gear, and blizz put valor gear in a raid reputation.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanlover View Post
    What makes you feel entitled to ilvl 522 gear if you're not going to run the content it's intended for? Do you really need that extra oomph for soloing/dungeons? Because if you're raiding normal ToT it shouldn't be long until Shado-Pan Assault valor gear is useless and you can only get rep once per boss kill anyway.
    Honestly, I fail to see what you're complaining about.
    Probably the fact that without the rep, valor points become useless. Without valor points, there is no drive to do content, without a drive to do content, why play the game?

This is why I recently quit actually, got Valor cap, didn't have the rep I needed to spend any of them, and knew I wouldn't for several weeks (Because I refuse to do looking for retards and my raid group has recently become complete shit compared to what we once were...)

Oh but wait, we can use our VP to buy old crafting materials and make like 500g a week! Yeah, no thanks. 500g is nothing.