Poll: Would you eat insects on a regular basis?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    United Nations urging people to eat insects "to fight world hunger"

Then this shit is on the same boat.

And my flavourite is : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-Bacon/page3
    Not disagreeing with the insanity of the UNs proposal, just pointing out that there is no point in attempting to prove an insane hypothetical.

It is still the whole "Dodge the problem rather than solve it" with world hunger.

Just grind it up and make "insect flour". Add this tasteless powder to foods for extra protein value and voila. It's no big deal, I would eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Good luck with that UN.
    agrred they are as insane as scruge McDuck

and yes im very well aware that hes a cartoon/computer game charecter

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    http://www.mst.dk/English/About+the+...every_year.htm

If you want to solve the world's food problems, you first have to start seeing food for what it is - a FINITE resource that you shouldn't throw away unless it is spoiled/unsafe to eat.
    This a thousand times. And I bet America throws away 10 times that much per year.

On topic: yeah, I would eat insects.....

....when every fatass politician will donate their extra meal per day to starving population until they lose weight up to the point they can be called "fit". And when they will turn their golf courses into arable land for...you know, FOOD.

UN, fucking hypocrites. They should be the ones to try bugs for a change. Hell, they should be force-fed some.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-16 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't have any problems with it. A lot of candy seemingly have stuff in them that comes from insects, doesn't mean I'm disgusted by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    This a thousand times. And I bet America throws away 10 times that much per year.

On topic: yeah, I would eat insects.....

....when every fatass politician will donate their extra meal per day to starving population until they lose weights up to the point they can be called "fit". And when they will turn their golf courses into arable land for...you know, FOOD.

UN, fucking hypocrites. They should be the ones to try bugs for a change. Hell, they should be force-fed some.
    I think it was Hugo Chavez that turned his golf courses in Venezuela to low income housing or something like that. I was quite pleased to hear it, golf is a waste of space & time.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I wouldn't have any problems with it. A lot of candy seemingly have stuff in them that comes from insects, doesn't mean I'm disgusted by that.
    yeah like jelly beans have shellac in them which is just beetle shells that gives them that nice shine.

I'll eat a pig's ass ya cook it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    Isn't that already a fairly common cut anyways?

I would rather they culled the human population in some way. It's irresponsible to let our requirements be supported by yet another species of creature.

However, it makes sense. Insects constitute a large amount of biomass. I think the entire Ant species has a larger biomass than humanity?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    I'd eat a panda.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather live off fruits and vegetables then insects becoming the cornerstone of my diet. But then unless something radiaclly changes in the world I don't think I ever have to stop with my meat-diet. Eventually we'll just be able to grow meat, we already know how to do it in a lab. We just have to crank that up to industrial scale and then we can all enjoy our red meat until we have a heartattack or whatever it is you get these days from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The bill gates foundation is currently funding a project where crickets are ground and then added to peanut butter to increase the protein content.
    That's good honestly.

I am subbed to Bill Gates on Facebook so I think I should see this update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The only difference is where they live. Land vs. water.
    That is nonsense. A locust and a lobster are far more different than a dog and a cow for example, and yet these are certainly seen as different from a culinary perspective too. Not all mammals are the same, not all arthropods are the same.

Don't know if I can stomach eating insects.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Don't know if I can stomach eating insects.
    The worst part I'd think would be the first one. After that, I'd imagine you'd get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I'd eat a panda.
    How about fried rat? Common dish in Peru(I think it's peru)
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of2g2MUDwrY

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    How about fried rat ?
    Snails with butter and garlic à la French ♥
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2013-05-16 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    How about fried rat? Common dish in Peru(I think it's peru)
    Stick it in a bun and I'll give it a go.

Not from a street vendor though.

Grind down some insects into some flour or vitamin pill, that'd work. Your move UN.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I will remain at my caviar and escargot for as long as I can, thank you very much. I want to see the UN leaders eating roaches, then I will add them on the side of my roasted duck with raspberry glaze.