Poll: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I don't know why people have to be in a WoW camp or a GW2 camp or Rift camp. WoW is old - it will continue to lose subs, but it doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's just that due to numerous factors, it's damn hard for it to bring back new players due to the expectations of younger gamers who were raised on consoles.

Add to this that "some" of the older gamers are moving on or just burnt out or had enough of one particular mmo, it's going to be a shrinking market. Subscribers will still grow and diminish, but it is definitely on a downward trend.

Me, personally, I like the "new" feeling of games. I love playing WoW killers on launch (if they're not too buggy) for the first month or two. Everyone's a nubcake and people generally work together and are helpful. Best time I have had in gaming is trying new mmo's. Aion, I confess, was grindy at launch and I nearly slit my wrists in frustration.

I miss my WoW druid, but I just don't feel like playing it enough to get back into the game - I'm one of the guys who got bored of WoW-type mmo's and then realized I just got bored of WoW. Some of my best times were spent in WoW, however. I think I spent almost 300 days on my druid, so me calling it a bad game would be laughable.

EDIT: Play what you enjoy and to hell with everyone else.
    Most of the people who flock to these threads to claim Wow is a terrible game are unable to comprehend that there actually are other reasons why some players move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    To early to say.

All I know is, if we don't hear a boost in subs by the end of the first week in July - that means subs either stayed the same or went down. 2nd quarter ends June 30th, and they get their initial figures a week after that. (See Pandaria subs increase announcement). Obviously they wait a month or so to compile the total quarterly report after each company gets their respective data in.
    The conference call is July 29. Iit doesn't matter if the subs go up or down, they won't say anything until the 29th.

The 29th is actually the date of the earnings release, not the conference call. The call is usually a couple of days after that.
    Last edited by Meatboll; 2013-05-17 at 10:36 PM. Reason: wrong date
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Yeah ok. Whatever you say. I keep forgetting the only reason people could possibly leave Wow is because it is "crap" not because of many numerous other reasons having NOTHING to do with the game at all.
    Considering plenty other MMO player pools are soaring over there, yes, WoW being crap compared to the other games over there and dishing less value for cost is the ONLY reason. See: market rejection

To early to say.

All I know is, if we don't hear a boost in subs by the end of the first week in July - that means subs either stayed the same or went down. 2nd quarter ends June 30th, and they get their initial figures a week after that. (See Pandaria subs increase announcement). Obviously they wait a month or so to compile the total quarterly report after each company gets their respective data in.
    Agreed it is too early to tell but the fact it was mentioned that in the earnings call that they expect sub numbers to continue falling does not bode well and indicates that losses have continued into Q2.

Racist = implied derogatory. I don't believe Pandaria is meant to be a "negative" stereotype of Chinese/asian culture. That guy CLEARLY was slamming every American stereotype out there.

The guy you quoted should've said "An American-based expansion involving a Wild-West desert theme with Bald Eagle people wearing cowboy hats" is a better lampoon of an "American expansion" WITHOUT being derogatory. :P
    I read it as what if a game was released with all the negative stereotypes of Americans that MOP has about the Chinese.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-05-17 at 10:30 PM.

To early to say.

Blizzard only announces subscription numbers when expansions are released and when quarterly reports come out. This has been told to you repeatedly and yet you insist on spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    The conference call is July 29, it doesn't matter if the subs go up or down, they won't say anything until the 29th.
    ...except for when subs go up (again... my point about Pandaria subscription announcement boosting subs up over 10.6 mil literally DAYS after the release of Pandaria/Q3 ended) - Blizz seems to be RIGHT quick to post that info out ASAP.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:29 PM ----------

Blizzard only announces subscription numbers when expansions are released and when quarterly reports come out. This has been told to you repeatedly and yet you insist on spreading misinformation.
    See above... there is no misinformation. :P

EDIT: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...ver-10-million
    Check the date of the article, son. Less than a week after Pandaria's release.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-17 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Considering plenty other MMO player pools are soaring over there, yes, WoW being crap compared to the other games over there and dishing less value for cost is the ONLY reason. See: market rejection
    Wow may be different from other games but you can't call it crap compared to other games. You personally may feel that way but it isn't objective fact. Until you understand this there is no point in responding to you anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:32 PM ----------

...except for when subs go up (again... my point about Pandaria subscription announcement boosting subs up over 10.6 mil literally DAYS after the release of Pandaria/Q3 ended) - Blizz seems to be RIGHT quick to post that info out ASAP.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:29 PM ----------

See above... there is no misinformation. :P
    And yet the only times we have gotten subscription numbers was around when quarterly reports were released or expansions came out. It hasn't happened at any other time for any other reason. This is fact so yes it is misinformation what you are saying and the fact you willfully repeat it is borderline trolling.

And yet the only times we have gotten subscription numbers was around when quarterly reports were released or expansions came out. It hasn't happened at any other time for any other reason. This is fact so yes it is misinformation what you are saying and the fact you willfully repeat it is borderline trolling.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...ver-10-million

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2012/10/...n#.UZawROCLGZg

Both were on October 4th

Quotes from Mike Morhaime about the announcement.

And here's the subsequent Activision/Blizz investor call from November 7th - ONE MONTH LATER:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ns-back-above/
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-17 at 10:36 PM.

Racist = implied derogatory. I don't believe Pandaria is meant to be a "negative" stereotype of Chinese/asian culture. That guy CLEARLY was slamming every American stereotype out there.

The guy you quoted should've said "An American-based expansion involving a Wild-West desert theme with Bald Eagle people wearing cowboy hats" is a better lampoon of an "American expansion" WITHOUT being derogatory. :P
    Claiming that Mop is meant for Asians because it has Asian themes is most certainly insulting. Does that means Wrath was marketed to Vikings and TBC to aliens? I'm sorry but it is just flat out ignorant.

Wow may be different from other games but you can't call it crap compared to other games. You personally may feel that way but it isn't objective fact. Until you understand this there is no point in responding to you anymore.
    I'm not saying it's subjective fact. As I've been saying, throughout your incessant cursing and rudeness in this thread, is that **Eastern Markets** CLEARLY think WoW is crap compared to the other games they are flocking to. If they still thought WoW was this amazing game with tremendous play-value, they'd be paying their game time... JUST LIKE LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE THAT. They don't think it's up to par with what they have available and they are voting with their wallets.

Trying to argue that is just full picard. You can't deny it, you can't play it off on other circumstances. They're rejecting wow in favor of games that give them more bang for their buck. Which = *to them* wow is crap compared to their other options. Period.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-05-17 at 10:36 PM.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...ver-10-million

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2012/10/...n#.UZawROCLGZg

Both were on October 4th

Quotes from Mike Morhaime about the announcement.
    I know you haven't played Wow since Mop but Mop is an expansion. So that doesn't prove me wrong. Are you even reading what I'm posting?

AAAAND KABLAAAAM!!!!

Blizzard press release: Subs over 10 million - October 4th!!!

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

ONE WEEK AFTER RELEASE OF PANDARIA/QUARTER ENDS

Activision/Investor call 1 MONTH later - Nov 7th

How do you like them apples, Zanzul? :P Blizzard DOES release sub information early when it's IN THEIR FAVOR.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:39 PM ----------

I know you haven't played Wow since Mop but Mop is an expansion. So that doesn't prove me wrong. Are you even reading what I'm posting?
    The above proves you wrong... please read. ^_^
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-17 at 10:44 PM.

I expect in the least 300K losses. More realistically though, I expect close to 800K for a total of 7.5 million subs. Content may be coming faster, but it's not the quality the players expect. They love to talk about how their resources are precious, but then they focus on pet battle spectating. I've never once heard anyone say, "Man, I sure wish I could watch others as they pet battle!" A complete waste of time and resources for no real reward. To me, it almost seems like they're trying to destroy WoW on purpose.

AAAAND KABLAAAAM!!!!

Blizzard press release: Subs over 10 million - October 4th!!!

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=7473409

ONE WEEK AFTER RELEASE OF PANDARIA/QUARTER ENDS

Activision/Investor call 1 MONTH later - Nov 7th

How do you like them apples, Zanzul? :P Blizzard DOES release sub information early when it's IN THEIR FAVOR.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:39 PM ----------

The above proves you wrong... please read. ^_^
    Well played.

Xanzul is getting owned in this thread pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I expect in the least 300K losses. More realistically though, I expect close to 800K for a total of 7.5 million subs. Content may be coming faster, but it's not the quality the players expect. They love to talk about how their resources are precious, but then they focus on pet battle spectating. I've never once heard anyone say, "Man, I sure wish I could watch others as they pet battle!" A complete waste of time and resources for no real reward. To me, it almost seems like they're trying to destroy WoW on purpose.
    failure to read their reasons for the change is your fault. it isnt a full fledged spectator mode. this only happens during wild pet fights out in the world. because it looks completely unnatural to see a player standing idle in a place they have little other reason to be at. you cant queue up to watch somebody pet battle. you cant try to watch your two friends or guildies pet battle each other. you can only see when a player out in the world is fighting a battle pet.

this is nothing in comparison to the time and resources needed to create an ENTIRE mode of gameplay. spectating wild pet battles is barely different from watching two people duel outside of Org/SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It isn't a "PR" number. It is a verifiable number that Blizzard is obligated by federal law according to SEC regulations to be provided accurately to shareholders. If they say 8.3 million then by god it is 8.3 million and not one subscriber less. It doesn't matter where they live or how much they pay, paying accounts are paying accounts. Period. End of story. If you want to get into who pays more and whether East or West contributes more to Blizzard's profit that is all fine and good but seriously just stop pretending like people magically don't exist simply because they create an inconvenient reality for you.
    dat brand of xanzul illiteracy.

Must be convenient to ignore everything said just so you can continue to scream at the top of your lungs in an echo chamber, huh? I'm not even going to bother repeating what I said, because you already quoted me once, you can go back and reread what I said until it clicks, if ever.

Besides, this way is far more humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    My basic view on this all is IDGAF, I will continue to play aslong as I enjoy the game thats all that matters to me.
    I agreed up until...

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I feel people use these threads like Xanzul said
    xanzul is hilariously sycophantic to the point where even if you agree that all this unabashed bashing (just generalizing, not calling anyone out) is unnecessary and rude, he'll still try to shove some excuse about WoW. One of the few quality posters here on MMO-Champ, if you ask me.

That said, I agree. Quarterly sub numbers are a complete double-edged sword. On the one hand, having a static number attracts potential customers, but on the other, it also brings in detractors. In my opinion, either one is venom. If you are playing a game for the numbers, then there is a problem.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-05-17 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play an MMO for numbers , I kind feel bad for some of you. You will not be able to enjoy most games/mmos. Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there. If you literally play for numbers for whatever reason, thats really sad, and I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase.

I for one, DGF, ill play as long as this game is enjoyable to me, and I wont lose sleep over it like some people obviously do. inb4 I get called a fanboy because I still enjoy the game. Wouldn't suprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect numbers to dwindle dramatically.
    By the end of Summer we'll probably be around the 5M mark.

Summer is coming, and no new content patch in sight, so this prediction is pretty much a no brainer.

It'll be interesting to see how many come back for 5.4 and 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If you play an MMO for numbers , I kind feel bad for some of you. You will not be able to enjoy most games/mmos. Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there. If you literally play for numbers for whatever reason, thats really sad, and I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase.

I for one, DGF, ill play as long as this game is enjoyable to me, and I wont lose sleep over it like some people obviously do. inb4 I get called a fanboy because I still enjoy the game. Wouldn't suprise me.
    Kinda ironic you look down on people that play an MMO for numbers, then go on to say "Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there." and "...I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Kinda ironic you look down on people that play an MMO for numbers, then go on to say "Considering WoW is still the biggest/ most populated out there." and "...I wish you luck in finding an mmo with a bigger playerbase."
    Yep, you can try and twist my words however you like, but the differance is that I play this game for enjoyment and not because the earning calls state the game gained players. I play EVE from time to time and used to play Rift a bit, and that game barely had a playerbase, did I care? No because I enjoyed the game, and didnt lose my mind because of earning calls, unlike....