Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Hi.

I've been demonology mainspec for a while, and must really say I enjoy the spec. However, my guild has come to a point in progression where we really need everyone to pull good numbers, but I simply cannot do that as demonology on Primordius heroic. I can very easily be #1-3 as Affliction, but I really do want to play Demonology there. I'm just not sure on how I'd pull that off... What makes aff good in that fight for us is the case of multidoting huge amounts of blobs, and any destro lock we have will finish them before they reach the boss. That means that both those specs have very specific roles and niches and end up doing very good dps. However, I can't find a role / niche that would fit as demonology, so I'm stuck playing a spec I really dislike and it blows.

So, how can I be worthwhile as demonology on primordius? What can I bring to the table that makes it worthwhile for me to go demonology on that fight? I have the meta and UVLS as well as the 2-set bonus and a mastery-heavy gearing.
    Demonology is terrible spec for primordius because minions(wild imps and doomguard) only do 25% of the damage to the boss. And to be honest your strat sounds kinda weird, like destro lock finishing blobs before they reach boss. What we do and most of the guilds(i think) assign few players to the black blobs and ~4 multidotters(SPs and affli locks) to killing blobs whole fight.

So basically affliction for killings blobs(it's also OK spec for tunneling boss) and destro for boss(RoF and FnB conflg for embers). Demonology is by far worst since wild imps does most of your damage and now they do only 25% and it's not so good killing blobs.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Demonology is terrible spec for primordius because minions(wild imps and doomguard) only do 25% of the damage to the boss. And to be honest your strat sounds kinda weird, like destro lock finishing blobs before they reach boss. What we do and most of the guilds(i think) assign few players to the black blobs and ~4 multidotters(SPs and affli locks) to killing blobs whole fight.

So basically affliction for killings blobs(it's also OK spec for tunneling boss) and destro for boss(RoF and FnB conflg for embers). Demonology is by far worst since wild imps does most of your damage and now they do only 25% and it's not so good killing blobs.
    It's not that odd of a strat. That's basically what we do on 10H. Tanks kite the boss around the circle so that small blobs begin to stack up behind the boss, I AoE them all down really quickly with MF and everyone else just tunnels the boss unless dotting adds gives them a single target increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's not that odd of a strat. That's basically what we do on 10H. Tanks kite the boss around the circle so that small blobs begin to stack up behind the boss, I AoE them all down really quickly with MF and everyone else just tunnels the boss unless dotting adds gives them a single target increase.
    Yeah didn't cross my mind that he might be talking about 10man, maybe that's the best strat for it.

Demo just isn't suited to the fight. Granted I've done it 25m for heroic. Aside from the imp/pet 25% dmg problem you also have the lack of a good finisher which inflates aff/destro quite a bit. Aff rolls dots on everything, then swaps to the boss when called. Destro can MF aoe for near limitless embers and shadowburn snipe/havoc for even more damage while having crazy amounts of chaosbolts available. If you are destro you are better off sticking to 1-2 lanes and stopping adds cold (25m) and just RoF'ing for embers. Aff does better multidotting and flashing DS on dying adds for a fast shard refill. On our kills I'm destro basically feeding the rest of the raid puddles and only touching the boss during the end burn.

Pick aff or dest...whichever suits your gearing, playstyle, and raidcomp needs. Mastery heavy gearing I'd probably go destro. So much of your damage is ember consuming spells that deep mastery will really do well for you. Aff is still more of a haste centric build. So if you were troll and haste stacking demo aff might be a better pick. Destro's aoe also goes up quite a bit in sac spec while aff's does not.

Anyone have a disconnection issue randomly while using leap on lei shen?
    Cyner#1996

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Not me personally, but few of my guildmate locks disconnect very often when using demon leap

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    I haven't on lei shen but I have on other fights. It's like 40% of the time, doesn't happen often.

Deleted
    How comes Cha-Yes sim higher than Breath? I know it says very early list, but is Cha-Yes still considered better than Breath?

I can't quite reach a haste cap yet above 8097, still worth going for more haste? As in, pure 320 haste gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I haven't on lei shen but I have on other fights. It's like 40% of the time, doesn't happen often.
    It's because they are jumping and while in the air using leap.

The AoE strat on Primordius makes the fight incredibly easy for the healers. Less Bloods reach the boss = less damage taken by the raid.

Can anyone confirm that the demonology 4pc is working? I don't seem to notice a difference in my fury regeneration.

Can anyone confirm that the demonology 4pc is working? I don't seem to notice a difference in my fury regeneration.
    Yes, I just tested it one Shadow Bolt gave me 28 Demonic Fury.

It works, just tested it on a dummy. Casting a Fel Flame generated 16.5 fury per (16 then 17 then 16 then 17).

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    It works, just tested it on a dummy. Casting a Fel Flame generated 16.5 fury per (16 then 17 then 16 then 17).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    Yes, I just tested it one Shadow Bolt gave me 28 Demonic Fury.
    Thanks .

they proc from the crystals

looking for a good mouseover macro that casts corruption in caster form and doom in meta

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe /cast [@mouseover] Corruption will automatically cast doom instead in meta form.

If not you can always use conditionals like :
    /cast [@mouseover,stance:1] Corruption
    /cast [@mouseover,stance:2] Doom

(Unsure about 1 & 2, might be 0 & 1 !)
    Last edited by Surutcra; 2013-05-18 at 07:35 AM.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

"nostance" is caster form and "stance:1" is meta form, but as Surutcra already mentioned you dont need these conditions.

So currently my gear is approaching the possibility to getting the 8086 Shadowflame dot tick. Is that a must that I should go for? It seems like it might be. Currently I am reforged to Mastery but just wondering if going for that extra dot tick is better.

I just hit the point where i can get another shadowflame tick at 15,100haste xD in theory the amount of rppm procs I should get is crazy :'0