Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I good for Hearthstone beta and wow mount?

Am I good to receive Hearthstone mount in WoW now?

What im asking is if i did everything correctly related to hearthstone beta.

http://i40.tinypic.com/67qp1c.jpg
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-05-18 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Use large thumbnails for linking huge images next time, please

((Moved to the Hearthstone subforum))

Everything looks good to me.

Now, I couldn't help myself but wonder if you meant "Are my computer specs high/good enough that I will get an invite?" kinda deal.
    If it's not, then never mind this.
    If it is, then specs doesn't really matter, as they want to give the beta to the whole spectrum (From the very best, to the slow 10 year old ones).

I've seen your toolbar prepared to get hacked!
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta have not launched yet so that pic shows nothing.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually participating in the Beta (as in, getting lucky and getting invited) and likely purchasing a card pack is what will get you the mount. See: "Also, as a thank-you for testing out the in-game store during Hearthstone’s beta phase, everyone who purchased a card pack in the beta test will get a special gift." from the FAQ. Even that is not confirmed, though.

Also, they have said they are not looking for any specific system requirements at the moment. They are likely to take a wide range of specs since the game is not meant to be intensive, reqs wise.

So basically, yes you have opted in to potentially get into the beta. No you are not 'set' to get the mount atm. No one is.

Where do I buy a pack and when?

Im not talking about computer specs.

Edit: Sorry, so basically if i get into Beta i go to the IN GAME store for Hearthstone and buy a pack. That gets me the mount. Alright! You can close this now

Ty all.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2013-05-18 at 06:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Edit: Sorry, so basically if i get into Beta i go to the IN GAME store for Hearthstone and buy a pack. That gets me the mount. Alright! You can close this now

Ty all.
    Yeah, have to get in to the beta first (which does not even have an announced start date yet, other than they're hoping for 'summer').

Also, no one knows for sure that is what the mount will be tied to, it's just speculated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Where do I buy a pack and when?

Im not talking about computer specs.

Ty all.
    Euh, not to burst your bubble, but nothing has been made official just yet about this mount. It's all datamining and sepculation from what they have told us about some things. Nothing concrete has been said to say "this is how you get the mount". So I'd keep an eye out for further details.

What a great way to sell something to gamers whether it's bad or good, offere an in-game wow mount... lol.

Looks like you'll be able to get an invite to the beta, yes. Will you? No one knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    So. If they added this mount in 5.3 that means Beta will begin when we will be playing 5.3 in WoW, otherwise tey would have added mount in 5.4, and as we know 5.3 is a mini patch so we will have Beta pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    So. If they added this mount in 5.3 that means Beta will begin when we will be playing 5.3 in WoW, otherwise tey would have added mount in 5.4, and as we know 5.3 is a mini patch so we will have Beta pretty soon.
    Well yes, I don't expect 5.4 till October or there abouts, so they had to put the mount in with this patch I suppose. Though I'm not sure were getting the mount on release of the game, or during beta allready.

I really hope they let us pick the colors instead of doing it based on faction.

I'm getting tired of Red = Horde, Blue = Alliance.

I will probably never play Horde... but my favorite color is red.

We already have races separating the two factions, why do we need colors doing the same thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well yes, I don't expect 5.4 till October or there abouts, so they had to put the mount in with this patch I suppose. Though I'm not sure were getting the mount on release of the game, or during beta allready.
    No I think October is too long time. It is considered to be a ini patch like 5.1 it will last maximum two or tree month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    No I think October is too long time. It is considered to be a ini patch like 5.1 it will last maximum two or tree month.
    5.4 is going to be the Siege of Ogrimmar, the final raid patch of Mists of Pandaria, I don't think they'll have that on the PTR and ready in 2 or 3 months. 4 months would put us in September, I can see that happening, maybe. It would put a pretty huge strain on the team to get the next expansion out the door though, cause they certainly do not want to repeat the ICC/DS mistake of taking 8-12 months to get the next expansion out the door. Any time they can stretch Throne of Thunder raid is time they win to put into the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    5.4 is going to be the Siege of Ogrimmar, the final raid patch of Mists of Pandaria, I don't think they'll have that on the PTR and ready in 2 or 3 months. 4 months would put us in September, I can see that happening, maybe. It would put a pretty huge strain on the team to get the next expansion out the door though, cause they certainly do not want to repeat the ICC/DS mistake of taking 8-12 months to get the next expansion out the door. Any time they can stretch Throne of Thunder raid is time they win to put into the next expansion.

Umm... Blizzard already said that one team is working on patches like 5.1 and 5.3 mini patches and another team is working on 5.4, after 5.2 was released. So I guess they start working on 5.4 straight away 5.2 was released that means that they have been working on it since January. They should have already done most of the work, 5.3 will serve as "completing the final details" of Siege.

And I think on Blizcon they will announce new Expansion and it will be very soon, as MoP served as "Subscription loser" expansion. I think we will stay on 5.4 for 4-5 month, I personally think they will add one more patch like they did it in TBC. Yes they said it would be last patch (5.4) but what about bonus patches? Zanadari patch was considered to be "bonus" patch. So that new expansion comes to 2014 spring.

The requirement for the mount is to purchase 1 or more packs/boosters or whatever they call them during the beta.
    For that you first need to be in the beta, which simply opting in for is not going to guarantee.
    I would still enter any giveaways that you can, since that will increase your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Yeah, have to get in to the beta first (which does not even have an announced start date yet, other than they're hoping for 'summer').

Also, no one knows for sure that is what the mount will be tied to, it's just speculated.
    The mount is described as the Hearthsteed, so it is a very reasonable assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The mount is described as the Hearthsteed, so it is a very reasonable assumption.
    We know it is tied to the game from the spell/achievement description (forget which), what we don't know is if it is the "special gift" for the pack. Considering a pack's fairly low cost, it could be something else entirely, and the mount have different requirements.

The point is: we don't know, it's all speculated. As I said c:

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    We know it is tied to the game from the spell/achievement description (forget which), what we don't know is if it is the "special gift" for the pack. Considering a pack's fairly low cost, it could be something else entirely, and the mount have different requirements.

The point is: we don't know, it's all speculated. As I said c:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8345

Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion.

Will the cards I earn or purchase in the beta test carry over into the live game? What happens if I purchased beta card packs for real money?
    Prior to launch your card collection will be reset, and any cards you acquired through a purchased card pack or earned during the beta test will be removed. However, any purchases you made during the beta test will be credited back to you in the form of new, unopened card packs at launch, equal to the value you spent during the beta test. Please note that these will not contain the same cards as those received from card packs in the beta test. Also, as a thank-you for testing out the in-game store during Hearthstone’s beta phase, everyone who purchased a card pack in the beta test will get a special gift.
    Unless there is a promotion prior to the beta, then that is the reward.