Thread: Tyrannical Gear

Deleted

Tyrannical Gear

Will you be able to buy Tyrannical gear with honor when 5.3 hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that changes with raid patches, so 5.4.

Deleted
    Aha ok, thanks alot for your response =).

10+ Year Old Account
    When I have aquired my 25'000 Conquest Points, will the vendor sell me the elite set for free? or does it cost me other Honor Points or even Conquest Points?

Would be cool if I get the achievement and can then buy the whole set like in Challenge Modes.

Deleted
    When you earn 27k conquest points this season, then yes you can purchase tyrannical gear with honor points. Even now in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    When I have aquired my 25'000 Conquest Points, will the vendor sell me the elite set for free? or does it cost me other Honor Points or even Conquest Points?

Would be cool if I get the achievement and can then buy the whole set like in Challenge Modes.
    The elite set will still cost conquest points, and requires a 2200 rating or higher. It's possible after obtaining 25k conquest for the season that the elite pieces will sell for honor, but you will still need the 2200 rating requirement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    The elite set will still cost conquest points, and requires a 2200 rating or higher. It's possible after obtaining 25k conquest for the season that the elite pieces will sell for honor, but you will still need the 2200 rating requirement.
    2200 rating? To my understanding that works different this time.

476 - for honor all the time
    493 - T1 for conquest (496 after patch, for honor after you've earned 25k conquest points - after the patch)
    512 - T2 for conquest - currently not in the game. No rating required but you need 27k conquest points earned to buy them (496 after patch & only 25k required) because they'll just end up being cosmetics and the thing you can dump your conquest points into half into the season.

Only thing left with a rating requirement (2200) is the weapon enchant, but i might be totally mistaken there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    because they'll just end up being cosmetics and the thing you can dump your conquest points into half into the season.
    So the elite set (only cosmetic) will still cost conquest points to buy after having aquired 25k points? I ask this because I really want that set on my shaman but am only doing arena and wondering if I will get it before the next patch. I have currently 15k points and it will take me another 5 weeks to finally being able to buy the set.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 12:25 PM ----------

Found it:
    This season's elite PvP gear does not require any rating--it instead requires you to acquire 27,000 Conquest (25'000 as of 5.3) Points this season. The special PvP gear will cost Honor to purchase.
    source: http://www.wowhead.com/news&tag=season-13
    Last edited by Nivena; 2013-05-19 at 12:26 PM.

That source is quite old, back before they changed their mind on Elite Conquest gear not being a direct upgrade and going back to being cosmetic upgrades. One would assume they'd go back to what it was, and the cosmetic upgrades will be for players who earn 2200 or higher.

Elite isn't an item level increase anymore, doesn't require 2200 and shouldn't cost conquest, although I can't find any posts saying they have removed the cost. Elite is now earnt when you hit 27k season conquest earnt and you can buy it from the elite vendor.

Most of it can be read here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/933...h_53-3_25_2013