Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

wow search on google fail

Obviously a mage that used Alter Time

Deleted
    why cant i click on those links?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some american error, Europeans (at least British do) write 10/1/13 for 10th Jan 2013.

This search has just taken it as the american format, which would be 1st Oct 2013.

I'm gonna take a guess that a result bringing up both an eu and us forum message somehow messes it up.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-05-20 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    This is only a taste of your future

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Some american error, Europeans (at least British do) write 1/10/13 for 1st Jan 2013.

This search has just taken it as the american format, which would be 1st Oct 2013.
    Pretty much this.

Tekkommo is probably right, but I know sometimes Google's engine just makes mistakes. A great example i can remember is during the Sandy Hook Shooting, some news stories had time stamps on google that were from before the shooting happened, which caused conspiracy theorists to say that it was staged, and the fake news story was accidentally put out to soon.

Deleted
    yep it's to do with date formatting on US sites the month comes first on european sites the day comes first, so 1/10/2013 would be the 10th of january in america but the 1st of october in the UK.

so it's not a problem with google it's a problem with the US using a different date format to the rest of the world.

Deleted
    a very weird date format!

i have seen date/month/year or year/month/date but month/date/year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup it's just a mistake with culture formatting. Dates in most apps should be formatting culture-specific but something went wrong here. See it all the time in the apps we develop.

Blizzard's fault not Google.

America's fault, not Blizzard. They need to start writing dates like the rest of the world and that wouldn't happen. >.>
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post

So basically you've never heard of America o_O

Deleted
    Wake up neo!

The Matirx has you!

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post

just out of curiosity, where do you ever see year/month/date?

european would be day/month/year (increasing duration), american would be month/day/year (how you would read it in conversation) but i dont think ive ever seen year/month/day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post

european would be day/month/year (increasing duration), american would be month/day/year (how you would read it in conversation) but i dont think ive ever seen year/month/day
    In Sweden and in other scandinavian countries (I belive) it is common to write year-month-date like in 2013-05-20 today or 13-05-20.. But it is not that uncommon to withe date-month-year but then as 20/5-13. But year-month-date is most common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    MMO-C itself has the date for old posts in that format. A few European countries do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    In Sweden and in other scandinavian countries (I belive) it is common to write year-month-date like in 2013-05-20 today or 13-05-20.. But it is not that uncommon to withe date-month-year but then as 20/5-13. But year-month-date is most common.
    In Norway I haven't seen anyone type it any different than date-month-year.(small-medium-big)

A quick look on a few bills, a doctors appointment and some random papers from the government and all dates go date-month-year.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-05-20 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Real people (at least those that work with DBs) write YYYY/MM/DD.

<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Wake up neo!

The Matirx has you!
    there is no spoon