Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waste of time in my opinion, since queue times will probably be really long because nobody cares about them. I'm talking 4 hours minimum.

If people want to experience old raids they just solo them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzie Azz View Post
    Personally I think it's a great idea to have a LFR at 60/70/80/85 because
    1) Bring back the content that we had good memories with
    2) it will give the chance for people that haven't experience a certain exspanion or raid at the right level
    3) could bump up the subs for blizz = more money
    4)no need for vanilla, tbc servers only etc

.One problem that might occur, is gathering 25 people so maybe introduce 10 people.
    .loot system could work still like it does in mop.
    .for the rewards once you complete a LFR, you could get gold, special tranmogs bits or pieces of gear to help you increase your chances of loot, also give JP to obtain tbc,wotlk,cata vendor items.

Like to know people opinion

Why would an LFR system be needed for content that any player worth the keystrokes it takes to log on can solo at max level?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Why would an LFR system be needed for content that any player worth the keystrokes it takes to log on can solo at max level?
    Exactly!

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Azzie Azz View Post
    Personally I think it's a great idea to have a LFR at 60/70/80/85 because
    1) Bring back the content that we had good memories with
    2) it will give the chance for people that haven't experience a certain exspanion or raid at the right level
    3) could bump up the subs for blizz = more money
    4)no need for vanilla, tbc servers only etc

.One problem that might occur, is gathering 25 people so maybe introduce 10 people.
    .loot system could work still like it does in mop.
    .for the rewards once you complete a LFR, you could get gold, special tranmogs bits or pieces of gear to help you increase your chances of loot, also give JP to obtain tbc,wotlk,cata vendor items.

Like to know people opinion
    B.S.

1) Can't bring bacvk old memories, can only tarnish them with LFR ffs. Faceroll through old content with LFR is not going to bring back anything.
    2) Those people who did not experience old content could run them with friends, etc. They won't experience old content as it was current back in the day, because old content was tough and took determination and time and effort.
    3) Rehashes will never bump subs. Period. It's a remake of old content, then it will only take resources from the making of new content. With less new content, subs will decline even faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be cool with an LFR of old raids that scales you down to the appropriate level. I'm sure people would be willing enough to participate in that.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GUYS!

Guys.

Hey guys. What if-

Guys.

What if -GUYS, LISTEN- What if the planned, unnanounced feature is actually a system that scales you down in stats/iLvl (like in challenge modes) to experience old raids the way they were meant to be experienced?

That'd be great, honestly.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    I'd be awfully surprised if we actually kill Garrosh, rather banish his corruption which may or may not change his views.
    You presume that Garrosh is being corrupted by some outside force. Blizz has recently stated that really, Garrosh is just a bad apple -- rotten to the core. No Sha, no Legion, no Old Gods.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't get WORSE when exposed to some Old God-y thing in 4.4... but Garrosh has already done many unforgivable things out of a simple lust for power, no outside influence needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    GUYS!

Guys.

Hey guys. What if-

Guys.

What if -GUYS, LISTEN- What if the planned, unnanounced feature is actually a system that scales you down in stats/iLvl (like in challenge modes) to experience old raids the way they were meant to be experienced?

That'd be great, honestly.
    Princess Huhuran and Mother Shazrah would be laughing their asses off.

If you have trouble getting 25 random players to coordinate 1 or 2 simple boss mechanics in LFR, how the hell are you going to deal with 40 random people requiring resist gear managing coordinated attack rotations?

As they keep saying. They are moving forward with the developement. As should you.

So no. wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I'd be cool with an LFR of old raids that scales you down to the appropriate level. I'm sure people would be willing enough to participate in that.
    They would have to seriously nerf the crap out of the encounters to get it even remotely playable for 25-40 random people.

Not to mention, what would be the rewards? Scalable item drops? How do you deal with tier token pieces then?

Can you imagine Archimonde with 25 random people? Good god...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Ooh, solo the old raids (Or bring a friend or two along), or end up in a huge queue (Lots of raids, so players spread thin across them), to then do raids with more trouble and more competition for the items i want for transmogging? Decisions decisions... :P

I doubt many people will be all excited for old raid LFR really, and if that is the "big announcement", i'll be very disappointed indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Ooh, solo the old raids (Or bring a friend or two along), or end up in a huge queue (Lots of raids, so players spread thin across them), to then do raids with more trouble and more competition for the items i want for transmogging? Decisions decisions... :P

I doubt many people will be all excited for old raid LFR really, and if that is the "big announcement", i'll be very disappointed indeed.
    GC did say that many people would say something like "that's it? Seriously?" when they announce it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    more competition for the items i want for transmogging?.
    How would there be competition for transmog items when the LFR loot system is on an individual basis? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Orders View Post
    What about Player Housing? How do you think that would work within WoW?
    We already have player housing. It is that nice little farm right outside Halfhill.

10+ Year Old Account
    dance studio would be nice to finally see
    Hi

A de-leveling feature would make sense since once 6.0 and new level cap hits they are essentially throwing away all the work they put into Challenge Modes and all these Scenarios. Not to mention it usually takes two expansions before you can reliably go back to solo old raids. Also easier to scale back since most class abilities are by level rather than talent now and talent tiers could simply be disabled.

It would allow people to go back and help friends level up without reducing the XP received. So many times a friend or guildie will ask something like, "Anyone have a tank in the 50-55 range?" Well now you can go help if you want and everyone has more fun. Maybe the XP you gain while de-leveled would be converted to gold or other points to spend on fun things.

Deleted
    Awful idea, and it won't happen, because it's not a new feature.

The new feature will be raid scaling - not sure in which way, there's 2 ways :

They can scale bosses up to the max level in a raid.
    OR
    They can scale the character(s) up or down to the appropriate level of the raid.

Deleted
    Oh god, Lvl 90 TK and SWP.

"Level 70 was merely a setback!"

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if they would ever consider putting in built in Video Chat for people with cameras. i mean they hyped up audio chat as a big feature but that sort of fizzled.
    Hi

Deleted
    I "hope" it is an expansions worth of 5 mans (I think WotLK first as that matches the difficulty curve of MoP apart form maybe the ICC 5 mans). available as a separate LFD queue, with gear and player being scaled down, rewards are valor and a cache like the one from Heroic scenreios.

I am not sure where to pitch the gear scale down, I don't want it to be like we just dinged 80 but I also don't want it to be utter faceroll at the end of WotLK.

I think they will do it expansion at a time as some of the 5 mans will need tuning (some BC dungeons and early Cata dungeons).

There is so much content sitting there that we never run its a shame for it not to be used!

Also the ability to scale down to mentor players, but also still get XP at a sensible rate, I would really like to level 85-90 in a completely different zone.

Loads of people are going to rage of course, but what is new?