10+ Year Old Account

Ran a sim as fire and....Haste > crit?

So I ran a 100,000 iteration sim with stat weights for fire. and the results for the weights I got on stats we're

Int - 5.42 Normalized 1.00
    SP - 4.06 Normalized .75
    Hit - 5.25 Normalized .97
    Crit - 3.45 Normalized .64
    Haste - 3.53 Normalized .65
    Mastery - 3.19 Normalized .59

I am 1000 haste away from the next combustion tick. so I added 1000 haste, lost like 1.3 % crit to get to that breakpoint and am running another 10,000 iteration real quick to see if theres a big change. This is my wow armory, also using LB just because once 5.3 hits it will be better. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erlloyd/simple

With the trinkets reforged to haste for the extra haste for the breakpoint..I don't get these results at all.

My results from the 10,000 iteration although not as accurate as 100,000 are showing haste dropping around 40 dps per rating point..so now I need to see where I can get the most haste to hit the breakpoint without losing as much crit.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-05-20 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    Simcraft is wrong for mages atm and shouldn't be trusted to much. Just go full crit and only take breakpoints if they are within 200-300 haste reach

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Simcraft is wrong for mages atm and shouldn't be trusted to much. Just go full crit and only take breakpoints if they are within 200-300 haste reach
    And how we do come across this conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    And how we do come across this conclusion?
    Common sense of the class, and many parses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Common sense of the class, and many parses.
    So in reality, we look at the sims showing frost mages beating fire, and me thinking frost was doing well...That fire in fact may actually be better numbers wise, but the sims are broken so they show otherwise.

So in reality, we look at the sims showing frost mages beating fire, and me thinking frost was doing well...That fire in fact may actually be better numbers wise, but the sims are broken so they show otherwise.
    SimCraft is not good at comparing relative DPS between specs or classes. It is not a tool that tells you "theoretical dps" or anything close to a numerical DPS target. It is a tool that can be used to see what stats each spec benefits from most and even then its only as good as the model used per class. Right now fire mages are not modeled well so it spits out numbers like mastery>hate>crit.

Fire is beating every spec in simcraft atm. I modified the fire mage rotation in simcraft it was terrible before now it is somewhat in a a better shape but it still needs more work. For example it doesn't cancel alter time after instant pyros used. There was no dps increase no matter how i tried on the program. And if you make for example a rotation for multi target it shows scorch giving dps increase over fireball not sure why and i never saw anyone suggesting it
    Last edited by tolgag; 2013-05-20 at 10:46 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Sorry just noticed something that makes my post a bit redundent