Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, I just remembered. In Northrend Saurfang told Garrosh, that if he were to do anything out of line, he would put him in his place himself. But where the hell has he been while Garrosh slowly started destroying the Horde? We need to get that guy in here to lay down an old fashioned ass whoopin' on Garry.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
    By the way, I just remembered. In Northrend Saurfang told Garrosh, that if he were to do anything out of line, he would put him in his place himself. But where the hell has he been while Garrosh slowly started destroying the Horde? We need to get that guy in here to lay down an old fashioned ass whoopin' on Garry.
    mourning the loss of his one and only son and exacting revenge against the remnants of the scourge
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Why, on Gods green earth, do people like Vol'Jin? I can even understand peoples love for Anduin, but Vol'Jin? And this guy being the Warchief?

Truly, the only point I like is the second one. I really feel like attacking Stormwind would be the thing, but sadly, the Alliance are playing the "good" in this expansion. And "Heart of War" title - dunno, sounds just bland after "Heart of Fear". And Garrosh being infused by an Old God... damn, sadly you are right. Blizzard can't spell "developement" without shouting out something about Old Gods.
    It takes the Alliance ships forever to get to Durotar, but Garrosh can split MORE forces to attack Stormwind, get them there instantly, and still obliterate the entire Alliance or Horde rebellion with the scraps left in Orgrimmar?

If they'd done a bit more development of Garrosh bringing the Blackrock orcs under his banner, I'd be down with an attack on Stormwind, but it's sort of the opposite side of where things are happening and it's taken all of 5.2 and 5.3 to get Alliance forces to Durotar (which is, y'know, why we'll be doing whatever the Horde rebels want us to while our forces are totally nonexistent).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mourning the loss of his one and only son and exacting revenge against the remnants of the scourge
    So we think.

More likely he's just lost in the timeline because of Garrosh.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    With 5.3 going live tomorrow, 5.4 could potentially hit the PTRs at any time. I figure that means it's time for a prediction threat so everyone has somewhere to refer back to when saying "I called it!" if they are ultimately proven right. Or just to laugh at how excessively optimistic and/or pessimistic other people's, or their own, predictions turned out to be.

My predictions:

1. The patch will be entitled "Heart of War"
    2. Stormwind, and possibly other cities, will be attacked by forces under the control of Garrosh. This will probably be part of the lead-up content rather then the raid itself.
    3. At least half of the SoO raid will take place below Orgrimmar in an expanded Ragefire Chasm
    4. The SoO raid will be structured to start off using bosses with very traditionally Horde themes and will become darker and less recognizable as belonging to the Horde the further players go.
    5. At least one boss will be a Mantid aligned with the Klaxxi.
    6. By the time we actually fight him, Garrosh will be infused with the full power of Y'Shaarj, but will be in full control of his actions.
    7. It will be left ambiguous as to whether a Horde or an Alliance character physically landed the killing blow.
    8. Vol'jin will become Warchief
    1 - I'd bet Siege of Orgrimmar
    2 - Maybe not Stormwind, but other targets are possible, although I don't think likely as Garrosh is gonna be spread kinda thin between his efforts in Pandaria and the rebellion at home.
    3 - Good bet
    4 - Another good bet
    5 - I think likely, and I hope for Klaxxi Paragon Council fight -- with them either aligning with Garrosh or fighting for the heart of Y'shaarj
    6 - Something along these lines, yeah -- either infused or somehow just wielding. But still in control of his faculties
    7 - I think we'll get a definite conclusion about who killed him
    8 - Him and Lor'thremar are the frontrunners for sure, but I think it's too obvious they're the frontrunners and we could see a dark horse take up the mantle.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Varok Saurfang for warchief, please.
    not going to happen. due to not enough lore in this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like each faction to have this kind of 'quest'(would be more like an event), The Alliance has a choice to either a chance to attack Thunderbluff, or help stop their own men from stopping gaining control of Thunderbluff. And the Hordes would be an option to join Garrosh(which ends up you getting killed) or attack Garrosh troops(the horde who decides to join Garrosh). It would make up for a good story, and also make them repeatable so people could do it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    not going to happen. due to not enough lore in this expansion.
    Saurfang has enough lore to skip a expansion, truly he would be the most sensible choice as a Warchief...hence that is why they will not pick him>.<.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Saurfang is still stationed in Northrend... Garrosh probably left him there for that very reason.

Plot twist - Varian becomes Warchief. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Lor'themar Theron for Regent lord of the horde!
    Sounds so delicious

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Plot twist - Varian becomes Warchief. lol
    Better than another Orc/Troll/Tauren xD

Well, from talking with my fiancè, who is a warcraft addict.

She wants more hair styles, more hair colors, more rings, earrings, etc. So basically, the women want tons more hair customization options.... lots more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mankrik for warchief? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    In the closing cinematic, Garrosh and varian are duking it out, both obviously tired. Green meteors begin raining from the sky.

Warcraft 3.
    yes please

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Mankrik for warchief? Anyone?
    gamon for warchief

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Saurfang is still stationed in Northrend... Garrosh probably left him there for that very reason.
    yep he did

Deleted
    PVP prediction: all classes will do 0 dps outside cooldowns but damage during cooldowns will be increased by 200% compared to what it is now.

Deleted
    Millhouse Manastorm becoming warchief would be a real surprise. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    PVP prediction: all classes except for warriors, death knights, and rogues will do 0 dps outside cooldowns but damage during cooldowns will be increased by 200% compared to what it is now.
    Fix't. But no, seriously, PvP is just utter nonsense now.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    With 5.3 going live tomorrow, 5.4 could potentially hit the PTRs at any time. I figure that means it's time for a prediction threat so everyone has somewhere to refer back to when saying "I called it!" if they are ultimately proven right. Or just to laugh at how excessively optimistic and/or pessimistic other people's, or their own, predictions turned out to be.

My predictions:

1. The patch will be entitled "Heart of War"
    2. Stormwind, and possibly other cities, will be attacked by forces under the control of Garrosh. This will probably be part of the lead-up content rather then the raid itself.
    3. At least half of the SoO raid will take place below Orgrimmar in an expanded Ragefire Chasm
    4. The SoO raid will be structured to start off using bosses with very traditionally Horde themes and will become darker and less recognizable as belonging to the Horde the further players go.
    5. At least one boss will be a Mantid aligned with the Klaxxi.
    6. By the time we actually fight him, Garrosh will be infused with the full power of Y'Shaarj, but will be in full control of his actions.
    7. It will be left ambiguous as to whether a Horde or an Alliance character physically landed the killing blow.
    8. Vol'jin will become Warchief
    No new Engineering stuff.
    /thread
    no really..i lost my expectation with blizzard at this point, yay we are gona get new stuff.. this was announced back in 5.2
    it was pushed back, now wit h5.3 it's even more pushed back.
    i doubt it will ever see the light of day before the end of MoP.
    but as to your perdictions.
    1. highly likely I suppose.
    2. yeh sure why not, lets bash the alliance in the faces,(yes I do realise garrosh is against the horde rebelion as well, the problem is Alliance haven't had a *fistbump* moment yet, nor does it seem very likely).
    3.Maybe.. maybe..
    4. the start might be very thrall-iss horde (Warcratft 3)style, and the deeper we go in the raid the more twisted stuff we see.
    5.Nah
    6.Mrnhg..maybe?
    7.It has to be a Alliance character( sorry horde, but it has to, if blizzard are to go in what they said that they will focus on alliance story, who has been most hurt by garrosh, Alliance.)
    8.Lor'themar, i'l dance if that becomes the truth, tho they might go Council aka a Warcouncil and the leader of the ORCS will be a Warchief or High chief.

SoO - Ending with garrosh's death

Horde - A scenario where the horde helps chen stormstout make a new beer in preparation for the unveiling of the new warchief, afterwards the players join Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvanas, and Thrall in riding triumphantly(while being bombarded with cheers and thanks from the citizens for freeing them of Garrosh's grasp) to the Valley of Wisdom where the announcement will be made. Varok Saurfang walks up and is presented the mantle of Warchief and is gifted with Gorehowl. The crowd goes wild and goblin fireworks are launched as citizens of the horde walk up to greet their new warchief.

Alliance - the alliance will also be given a new fistbumping moment scenario called " A Trial of Knowledge" where the players help Varian teach Velen how to read. This will keep with the Alliance's theme for MoP, Incompetency.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    why last minute?

Hmm, actually.. The mention of an attack on Stormwind, likely by Blackrocks, fully pledged to Garrosh's Horde, makes sense. From what we know right now, the power balance is uneven: Full might of the Alliance and some ragtag group of Horde rebels? If Stormwind was assaulted, then the Alliance would have to revert their plans for Orgrimmar, and therefore only scraps of volunteers, mostly adventures like us, would be there to support Vol'jin's rebellion, since some named Alliance NPC(e.g. Taylor) would figure it's the best chance for it, otherwise the rebels would be wiped out and Alliance would have tougher time dealing with Garrosh. The NPC might even be persuaded to join Vol'jin by Wrathion. With this setting the two faction would be on equal footing and Garrosh's forces that look so petty right now would actually be the dominant side.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.