Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Most people posting are (and don't get offended it's the same truth everywhere and can be applied to rl flaws too) only guided by logs (and few can read them), follow like sheep what X or Y say, never seen a heroic boss in their life unless it's been with an expansion difference or what else.
    So please for once, take time to read what some raiders post here 20 times a week.

Both dps specs are fine, stop staring at WoL just like it was a naked woman dancing for you, gear for THIS spec (how many times people are badly gemmed/reforged and to an extent with haste/crit gear when trying DW ?), have a clue when you play it and more importantly see what your raid allows you to do during the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    Most people posting are (and don't get offended it's the same truth everywhere and can be applied to rl flaws too) only guided by logs (and few can read them), follow like sheep what X or Y say, never seen a heroic boss in their life unless it's been with an expansion difference or what else.
    So please for once, take time to read what some raiders post here 20 times a week.

Both dps specs are fine, stop staring at WoL just like it was a naked woman dancing for you, gear for THIS spec (how many times people are badly gemmed/reforged and to an extent with haste/crit gear when trying DW ?), have a clue when you play it and more importantly see what your raid allows you to do during the encounter.
    Except you are wrong. UH is much stronger scaling than frost, is much better damage on a number of fights (especially fights like heroic IQ and Twins) and gains a much higher amount of damage from certain trinkets such as feather than frost.

I play both specs on my DK, granted at a lower skill level than on my warrior (no surprise) and I have much more experience with frost, yet UH is just so much stronger on most fights.

Deleted
    I'm not wrong.
    Much stronger is a lie, better scaling is more appropriate. The difference is not that bad and won't make you wipe on bosses. Rest is meter padding, fame padding for WoL if your raid allows you to on the encounter.
    Yes feather is god send and scales better for some specs, but let me correct you it's not UH anymore it's festerblight. Rotation entirely guided through trinkets and rng procs.

Like always, yet again claiming the difference is abysmal because i'm sure you are not geared for both specs the same (and if do you are lucky guy which i doubt since it's very different and far from changing gems/reforges) and talking from personal experience or WoL starring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not wrong.
    Much stronger is a lie, better scaling is more appropriate. The difference is not that bad and won't make you wipe on bosses. Rest is meter padding, fame padding for WoL if your raid allows you to on the encounter.
    Yes feather is god send and scales better for some specs, but let me correct you it's not UH anymore it's festerblight. Rotation entirely guided through trinkets and rng procs.

Like always, yet again claiming the difference is abysmal because i'm sure you are not geared for both specs the same (and if do you are lucky guy which i doubt since it's very different and far from changing gems/reforges) and talking from personal experience or WoL starring.
    As I explained, you are wrong. Minor DPS differences can very well cause you to wipe on a new boss. If you're trying to rank on a fight OBVIOUSLY IT DOES NOT MATTER. You're not progressing anymore. Not being flasked or feasted won't matter at that point if the boss is farm. Thus, your analogy is flawed. We are talking about fights that actually matter. Not heroic Halfus from T11 in T15 gear.

But I don't take anyone who doesn't post their armory seriously, since it's very easy to come around and spew BS and be an absolute terrible player with no idea what they are talking about.

Deleted
    Yeah i've got no clue at this game (http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...rmoon/pusslol/).
    Please spew your hate somewhere else. I'm a fervent DW player since MOP came out and before this feather non sense and been geared for it because you can also gear another UH dk in the same raid, this is huge considering we have a very fixed setup and don't switch people around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i've got no clue at this game (http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...rmoon/pusslol/).
    Please spew your hate somewhere else. I'm a fervent DW player since MOP came out and before this feather non sense and been geared for it because you can also gear another UH dk in the same raid, this is huge considering we have a very fixed setup and don't switch people around.
    First off, I don't believe that is you, it's very easy to just magically pull up logs in an attempt to prove your point and claim it's you. Hence the whole signature thing.

Second, you're still wrong. The difference on most fights is over 20k between similar ranks of frost and UH. 20k DPS over the course of a 5 minute fight is 6 million damage, a huge amount, especially in 10m. Now imagine several people are doing 6m less damage over the course of a fight...the fight is suddenly that much harder.

As for hate, you're imagining things. We're talking about fights that matter, not farm progression fight. Using ad hominums simply makes you look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I don't like frost, its a simple faceroll spec that is easy to play and basically simple to pull off #1 dmg, unholy is an awesome playstyle that interests me and is basically my life (no not really).

Man... that 5% str is like saying the 5% of the unholy strength got blown away from a tornado (blizzard represents the evil tornado killing many innocent lives).
    Do not want to insult you but really do you feel unholy is more difficult to play? I would say, in the contrary unholy is the same as frost but it just gives you much more opportunities for scumbag dps (that is useless dps, dps-whorring).

If the unofficial notes are to be believed, not only is Unholy getting a significant nerf, but frost is getting significant buffs.
    5% to icy talons, 5% MotFW, 10% to FS from ToT, and big HB buff.
    We'll have to wait till tomorrow, but I hope we aren't all forced to go frost again :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    First off, I don't believe that is you, it's very easy to just magically pull up logs in an attempt to prove your point and claim it's you. Hence the whole signature thing.

Second, you're still wrong. The difference on most fights is over 20k between similar ranks of frost and UH. 20k DPS over the course of a 5 minute fight is 6 million damage, a huge amount, especially in 10m. Now imagine several people are doing 6m less damage over the course of a fight...the fight is suddenly that much harder.

As for hate, you're imagining things. We're talking about fights that matter, not farm progression fight. Using ad hominums simply makes you look foolish.
    Oh god. You are a troll, simply put. I don't care about fame on the internet, it's me, search in my post history u'll find the same armory url. Better got an eu account ? add inambour#2569.

Final word : UH brings meter padding to the next level, it's easier to dot everything even bosses/heads/adds u'll never kill just for logs. It does scale better for some bosses but nothing that will make you wipe unless each time you kill a boss you are 6M boss hp short and the only one alive. Hence on my 10 hc boss kills it never happened, for most we finish the first kill with less than 4 deaths. Like i said 2% better <<< gearing 2 people. I'll switch to UH as soon as we kill lei shen and i get a hc weapon to compensate the loss of double 541's.

I am reading about ToT and smile... Our rogues are so scumbags that refuse to give ToT to anyone else except each other. Even when they are three, they either setup a rotation between them or ToT the "less dangerous" dps rival...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. You are a troll, simply put. I don't care about fame on the internet, it's me, search in my post history u'll find the same armory url. Better got an eu account ? add inambour#2569.

Final word : UH brings meter padding to the next level, it's easier to dot everything even bosses/heads/adds u'll never kill just for logs. It does scale better for some bosses but nothing that will make you wipe unless each time you kill a boss you are 6M boss hp short and the only one alive. Hence on my 10 hc boss kills it never happened, for most we finish the first kill with less than 4 deaths. Like i said 2% better <<< gearing 2 people. I'll switch to UH as soon as we kill lei shen and i get a hc weapon to compensate the loss of double 541's.
    Like you said, UH is better. What I've been saying, glad you agree.

Deleted
    We must have the same rogues !
    They mostly give it to our enhance/ret bitches for some atrocious logs but i heard in exchange of gold !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemalador View Post
    If the unofficial notes are to be believed, not only is Unholy getting a significant nerf, but frost is getting significant buffs.
    5% to icy talons, 5% MotFW, 10% to FS from ToT, and big HB buff.
    We'll have to wait till tomorrow, but I hope we aren't all forced to go frost again :/
    There's no change to frost, read this (was posted on the first page):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/967...otes-5_20_2013

Holinka also replied to my twitter question regarding Unholy Might (also first page) and confirmed it was, once again being dropped to 10%.

Seriously though, the sky isn't falling. 5% strength is a "significant" nerf to unholy but not so much that we'll suddenly be worthless. Don't forget that the reason we're so competitive this tier is mainly to do with the feather trinket plus encounter mechanics being rather unholy friendly. Like always, sim numbers really don't paint the entire picture and "play the spec you prefer/are best at" still applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Do not want to insult you but really do you feel unholy is more difficult to play? I would say, in the contrary unholy is the same as frost but it just gives you much more opportunities for scumbag dps (that is useless dps, dps-whorring).
    Whatever floats your boat, I always preferred unholy, don't find it particularly more difficult unless you count bugs in encounters that despawn your pet. And, while unholy might have more potential to DPS-whore... Unless you count megaera (normal) or your raid group specifically doesn't kill bats on tortos then there aren't really any encounters where spreading diseases isn't helpful? My definition of DPS-whoring would be wasted DPS (i.e. protectors last tier)
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-05-21 at 08:50 AM.

As usual, Blizzard didn't think through their nerf. They said they wanted Festerblight to be a choice, high risk moderate reward. This nerf failed to make that happen.

Festerblight was significantly overpowered and deserved a significant nerf. Traditional unholy was not, and did not. They nerfed both.

In 5.3, Festerblight will remain mandatory for Unholy. Nothing changed there. It'll just do a lot less damage. Traditional unholy will not be a choice.

And of course either Festerblight will compete with Frost, or everybody will be forced to switch to frost. Frost has a ton of mechanical advantages over Unholy, as has always been the case, so everybody prefers frost anyway. They only go Unholy when it's accidentally a much stronger spec for a given patch (Gurthalak, Festerblight, etc).

Some of you act like this is your first patch ever.

Welcome to the World of Warcraft.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I love people who say frost is faceroll, as if unholy is even complicated to play.
    I switched to unholy one raid and easily did like 20k+ dps on every fight and I had no idea wtf I was doing.

Still not on the level of warlocks or anything though but that's another issue.
    Unholy takes control over the class were frost doesn't really...

I prefer Frost over UH simply because UH uses a pet. Like hunters and warlocks without GSac, UH will always be at the mercy of Blizzard not screwing up pets on certain bosses (see pets despawning on Durumu or pets not getting the Haste buff on Protectors).

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I don't find unholy to be a very difficult spec to play, in fact i think its slightly easier to play than frost, but most people think that unholy is the "harder" spec and frost is just basic rotation, but then again i might be thinking about pvp and not pve.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

So if the difference between frost and unholy is 20K then WHY is the difference between our unholy dk and myself (a dw frost dk) is a couple K max if he does in fact beat me? And why do I smoke any other unholy dks I run into throughout my game play? Quite simple: unholy is NOT the 'god' spec so please stop claiming it to be. The 3 specs are fairly balanced nothing more, nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsarathedk View Post
    So if the difference between frost and unholy is 20K then WHY is the difference between our unholy dk and myself (a dw frost dk) is a couple K max if he does in fact beat me? And why do I smoke any other unholy dks I run into throughout my game play? Quite simple: unholy is NOT the 'god' spec so please stop claiming it to be. The 3 specs are fairly balanced nothing more, nothing less.
    Because your experiences are an incredibly minuscule sample size when comparing 2 different specs.