Deleted

Discipline priest mana issues in PvP

Could anyone explain to me why discipline priests have always been the first healer to run out of mana out of all healers in PvP in both Tbc, Wotlk, Cata and now MoP? Is this a design intention? It seems flawed to me that other healers have a far easier time maintaining their mana in PvP.

Deleted
    This applies to shadow too, why is shadow the only casterspec aside from arcane that has to care about the mana bar? That you can, with success, use a strategy of ooming the priest and win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    This applies to shadow too, why is shadow the only casterspec aside from arcane that has to care about the mana bar? That you can, with success, use a strategy of ooming the priest and win?
    Ummm, ele shaman should never have issues with mana... 4 piece pvp gear bonus reduced the thunderstorm cd to like 20 seconds? Plus mana regen for one of the main spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Could anyone explain to me why discipline priests have always been the first healer to run out of mana out of all healers in PvP in both Tbc, Wotlk, Cata and now MoP? Is this a design intention? It seems flawed to me that other healers have a far easier time maintaining their mana in PvP.
    Not really sure what game you are playing, but in pvp disc priests barely ever run out of mana...I have seen them get low sometimes but never run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Been wondering about this to.

Saw a video from a 3vs3 arena game, was priest+2 dps vs. resto druid+2 dps. The resto druid team lost a dps early in the fight, then after quite some time they won anyway by runing the priest oom while the druid was still at 70-80% mana. No drinking from either healer.

Is this normal?

Edit:not sure what dps was, don't remember fully. The priest had a rogue partner and don't remember the other dps. The druid had a frost mage that died early and a dk(I think unholy).
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-05-22 at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Been wondering about this to.

Saw a video from a 3vs3 arena game, was priest+2 dps vs. resto druid+2 dps. The resto druid team lost a dps early in the fight, then after quite some time they won anyway by runing the priest oom while the druid was still at 70-80% mana. No drinking from either healer.

Is this normal?

Edit:not sure what dps was, don't remember fully. The priest had a rogue partner and don't remember the other dps. The druid had a frost mage that died early and a dk(I think unholy).
    Dispells eats your mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    Not really sure what game you are playing, but in pvp disc priests barely ever run out of mana...I have seen them get low sometimes but never run out.
    If there's enough damage to heal you'll eventually run out of mana as a healer, and that healer will be a discipline priest, not a paladin, monk, shaman nor druid..

Get moar spirit!

On a serious note, I dispel. ALOT. FH is also expensive. I think that if a shaman did purge as much as a dpriest, he'd go oom just as fast, although i've not tested it or smth.

I can see the class advantages though: Druids rely on cheap instants, but can have harder to burst heal. Paladins have great burst healing, but maybe lack something against multi dmg, priests oom faster cause we have more offensive tools like dispel/dmg spells... something like that?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    shadow priests go oom in arenas/pvp for two reasons:

1. they dont have VT up on at least one person

2. theyre constantly spamming shield, pom, renew, mass dispel. they have higher utility with these spells but use up their mana in the process.

for disc going oom, use spirit shell/flash on cd. use mindbender on cd. a rapture cd addon helps also. only use mass dispel when you have to.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    shadow priests go oom in arenas/pvp for two reasons:

1. they dont have VT up on at least one person
    Can be dispelled. I don't see why i have to have my mana being tied to a casted dot that can be dispelled rather than have it passive like some other casters or such.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    2. theyre constantly spamming shield, pom, renew, mass dispel. they have higher utility with these spells but use up their mana in the process.
    This is how you play shadow in pvp, else there is no reason what so ever to bring a priest over something else. Why should i be punished for playing my class to its full potential when others don't.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can be dispelled. I don't see why i have to have my mana being tied to a casted dot that can be dispelled rather than have it passive like some other casters or such.
    thats why i said keep it up on one person. sorry if you have a problem with that.

This is how you play shadow in pvp, else there is no reason what so ever to bring a priest over something else. Why should i be punished for playing my class to its full potential when others don't.
    full potential=/=normal management of your abilities. im disc and if i use flash heal to its "full potential" even i go oom after 20 seconds. dont blame it on the class when its a play style issue.

i've played shadow and disc to 2k in arenas and 1900 in rbgs. i understand its more difficult to keep vt up in arenas but your issues seem to be player based and not class based. sorry but thats my opinion.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2013-05-23 at 02:02 AM.