Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and i'm sure you can do a better job running a 8m sub based mmo right?
    It would be difficult to do worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This exactly. Blizzard needs to start listening to their customers who are usually smarter then they when it comes to balance issues like this. The community saw this coming a mile away, there's not a single excuse that Blizzard didn't.

As I've said before, it's time for some new blood in charge of Blizzard. Blood that actually has the blinders off.
    and they did. but you didn't listen to everyting blizzard said. you only read part of it. like they said. they where sure some people would queue up with the wrong spec.
    but they also said they wanted to know how it turn it. and even if everyplayer queue up with the wrong spec does it matter from what is happening pre role check? nope. so atm it doesn't maybe fix anyting(i'm on eu so i don't know it yet) but later on they can fix it. and blizzard is not a company that want to locks everyting and force spec locks before it was even released.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

lol so far there still the biggest mmo. so alot of people disagree with how you want wow to be.

It really, really, really wouldn't.

Blizzard should run a monthly competition where forum heroes get to run WoW for a day. And watch them quit in frustration after 5 minutes when the playerbase excoriates them for every change they make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Seriously, everyone knows this game is being run by a bunch of rank amateurs. It's been this way for over a year and a half at least. What is truly mind boggling is why you continue to support this crap with your $15 donation each month.
    What is more mind boggling is why someone who is obviously not playing the game, is posting on a forum about it, don't you have better stuff to do?

ComputerNerd's suggestion could help solve the issue

I have the solution, When u want to que as healer but u are in dps specc !!U MUST RESPECC TO QUE AS HEALER!!
    And when u que as healer specced and all... when u enter bg/dung/lfr
    Ur LOCKED!!

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

amazing how a 'fix' can make a system even more broken than it was before. seems to be the mo of MoP.

and the fact that heroic pve gears are now bis for pvp, man this game is great! you really do go above and beyond to piss off your long time players. oh well, what is a 7 year long sub compared to 2-3 subs that last a month or two right?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Even before the patch, getting 6 healers on a 15-player team was almost sure fire way to lose. We won Temple of Kotmogu a few nights ago with a single undergeared healer, against a team that had 6 healers, 2 of which were rather well geared. We did so well that it ended with us holding all 4 orbs, and me personally scoring over 400 victory points for our team in that match alone.

So go do it then? If you honestly believe you could do a better job than Blizzard, I absolutely challenge you to do so.

You know why I don't say "I could do a better job at running the game than Blizzard" or other such unrealistic things? Because that's what such requests are; unrealistic. When I say I can do something better, I actually go ahead and try it. When I say I can design a piece of webcode better than someone else, I go and try to do better. When I say I can create interfaces that are more fantastic than what someone else created, I go and try to do better. When I say I can be better at a game than someone else, I go and try to be better at it. I don't always succeed, but I often come to a compromise and settle for moulding that project around me, and return to improve it more at a later date. Continual improvement is why I'll eventually challenge myself to build a full game from the ground up, but in the mean time, it's why I keep challenging myself to build even more extravagant projects.

Running and continually balancing and updating an MMO, especially one of such a scale of WoW, is not something I'd say I could do better. I used to say I could balance the game better, but this was in the days when they balanced around Arena exclusively, and PVP was a mix of hard counters and a lot of useless specs (i.e. mid-TBC).

So, are you going to accept the challenge, or are you simply going to continue shouting off because you're infuriated that a new system hasn't yet adapted or settled into place?
    George Bush junior. How many people could actually do better than him?

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    amazing how a 'fix' can make a system even more broken than it was before. seems to be the mo of MoP.

and the fact that heroic pve gears are now bis for pvp, man this game is great! you really do go above and beyond to piss off your long time players. oh well, what is a 7 year long sub compared to 2-3 subs that last a month or two right?
    woot? During classic, pve gear was far better than that you could get from doing pvp (as there was no special pvp gear). And everybody says that classic was the best time of the game. So if they return to that state, it must be great.
    So they cannot piss off their long time players as they already have experienced that state and never get tired of emphasizing how gread that time was...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    I have the solution, When u want to que as healer but u are in dps specc !!U MUST RESPECC TO QUE AS HEALER!!
    And when u que as healer specced and all... when u enter bg/dung/lfr
    Ur LOCKED!!
    No prob. Spec healer, click join bg, respec to dps, wait for the bg to call.

Deleted
    Hmm i start to question where my 13 Euros a month are going...caus this "feauture" isn't really giving anything tbh:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Hmm i start to question where my 13 Euros a month are going...caus this "feauture" isn't really giving anything tbh:P
    I've been asking myself that question since the start of Cata. Still haven't gotten an answer, still nothing else to spend my money on and Wildstar is so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post

heroic pve gear is bis? its only in wpvp. but wpvp has never been fair. gj getting into a 2000+ team either arena or rated bg with your epic heroic thunderforge gear. sure you will come far. and they fact you still don't understand that makes your whole post useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    woot? During classic, pve gear was far better than that you could get from doing pvp (as there was no special pvp gear). And everybody says that classic was the best time of the game. So if they return to that state, it must be great.
    So they cannot piss off their long time players as they already have experienced that state and never get tired of emphasizing how gread that time was...
    Not everybody...Vanilla was essentially "Raid or quit" if you wanted to pvp, and it sucked.

Anybody who says otherwise has the rosiest tinted glasses every produced, or raided, or both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    Not everybody...Vanilla was essentially "Raid or quit" if you wanted to pvp, and it sucked.

Anybody who says otherwise has the rosiest tinted glasses every produced, or raided, or both.
    Funny that pvp youtube clips by the "heroes" of that time all showed the main character in warlord gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Funny that pvp youtube clips by the "heroes" of that time all showed the main character in warlord gear.
    If you had the time to grind out the ranks each week, the warlord gear was on par with raid gear. The youtube "heroes" you speak of certainly had that time to dedicate to the game. (I dont begrudge them for it, its just a fact).

The Blue set which I had (up to rank 9), was nothing compared to the BWL/AQ40 gear that you would face in BGs in later vanilla patches.

15+ Year Old Account
    have it so you can pick up to 2 roles (assuming you're a hybrid class) and then when you're chosen, the spec that you've been selected for is automatically chosen and cannot be changed during the BG - if you get selected to heal, you're a healer, if you get selected to deep you're a dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really want equal teams anyway :S I hate it when the enemy team has healers, matches last way too long and no one dies so not much honour>.<

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    heroic pve gear is bis? its only in wpvp. but wpvp has never been fair. gj getting into a 2000+ team either arena or rated bg with your epic heroic thunderforge gear. sure you will come far. and they fact you still don't understand that makes your whole post useless.
    2pcs and 4pcs are far better and more powerful that the pvp equivalents for many classes. the rppm procs in pvp are stupid op since the nerf to pvp power. a few classes still have good pvp sets, but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    What is PTR there for?
    How many times has the community warned Blizzard about something that they ignored?
    ptr doesnt work for things like this. The que and such on ptr is no were near the same as on live. There aint nearly the same amount of people on the the ptr that there is on live

While we couldn't simply jump in and do a better job overall, we did see this one coming a mile off.
    Blizzard quite correctly ignore a lot of so-called feedback, but this one was simply a mess waiting to happen.
    How they respond to it now will be interesting.