Poll: Do you like this class so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To be clear I'm not saying this class wouldn't work out lore wise. I'm just saying I think the OP should post some more potential lore to explain the class.

I guess it also depends on whether you're trying to propose this as a class that could potentially be made, or just your dream class. If you're just going for the latter most of my comments are null and void, such as pointing out why 5 specs that can not all races can spec into wouldn't work gameplay wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Why most of your class ideas seem like rip offs from Skyrim/Guild Wars 2/Diablo? lol.
    REALLY LOL? no but srsly I dis ofc gather some inspiration from those games but not that much really. Funny thing is I never played any of them I just catch their general sense of what the class should feel like and how people would enjoy it the most. but yes you are right, there were elements they I incorporated from these games but I never wanted them to be so noticeable... My final purpose was to take the best out of each...

Other than that, I dig your creativity and most of these ideas seem real nifty. It's a nice move away from the traditional RPG aspects of Warriors, Mages, and Stealth classes. Way to spice things up.
    HAHA spice is my middle name! I have been playing rpgs in a long time and I always felt like the interesting bit is not how quick you finnish the game but how you you get through the game. More classes means fun time multiplied.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    To be clear I'm not saying this class wouldn't work out lore wise. I'm just saying I think the OP should post some more potential lore to explain the class.
    oh well I'm not gonna argue with that, I just thought about the ENTIRE gameplay but I guess lore is not my concern so far =P. leave it to Blizz anyway, if they want a dragonsworn they'll give us one with all the lore we can eat and more.

I guess it also depends on whether you're trying to propose this as a class that could potentially be made, or just your dream class. If you're just going for the latter most of my comments are null and void, such as pointing out why 5 specs that can not all races can spec into wouldn't work gameplay wise.
    I guess both, if you allow me the boldness lol. But would you really be that mad if your goblin could not become a green dragonsworn? Is that such a gamebreaker? I think its only logic and senseful

10+ Year Old Account
    Put a Pandaren into the green aspect and you have my Yeas vote xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Put a Pandaren into the green aspect and you have my Yeas vote xD
    XD U betcha! Actually, this kinda of started me thinking about what dragonflights could pandaren affiliate with... I'm sure Blizz could take care of that but I would like to hear people's choices just out of interest.
    I'm gonna ask it in the OP
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-04 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrophis View Post
    That green text hurts my eyes!!

On the topic 5 specs seems abit extreme and, although a nice idea,it would be nigh to impossible to balance. And support classes really have no place in todays WoW.

Just my 5 cents
    Well Druid's have four already and it's not game breaking. Also, they will NEVER be able to balance all the classes. They can just keep some classes from one-two shotting the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Well Druid's have four already and it's not game breaking. Also, they will NEVER be able to balance all the classes. They can just keep some classes from one-two shotting the others.
    My thoughts as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is actually a pretty terrible class concept. Thus, I voted "never". However, I'd like to see how other people feel about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think this is actually a pretty terrible class concept. Thus, I voted "never". However, I'd like to see how other people feel about this.
    Be sure to vote "never" in my other threads as well.

It's a nice idea and an interesting concept, but I don't see it happening. Not without Blizzard rebuilding WoW completely from the ground up.

I do like the idea of race-bound specs, though. Especially when applied not just to this, but to other classes as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    It's a nice idea and an interesting concept, but I don't see it happening. Not without Blizzard rebuilding WoW completely from the ground up.

I do like the idea of race-bound specs, though. Especially when applied not just to this, but to other classes as well.
    The way I see it, Blizz only needs to create a support role =).

And thx for the comment about race-bound specs, some people tend to think that it is unfair and illogical but I see it as a way of balancing the class while keeping it in check lorewise. But I dunno about other classes...

The first thing that comes to mind is a Priestess of the Moon spec for night elves (ranged dps using bows), but I'm sure I can think of more.

Deleted
    The first thing that comes to mind is a Priestess of the Moon spec for night elves (ranged dps using bows), but I'm sure I can think of more.
    OH okay, let me stop u before u go any further =P. I can see why a priestess of the moon would be nelf only but what class would support a nelf only spec? But yes not saying I disagree that a priestess of the moon would be nelf only I am only saying why should it? I'm sure we could capture the essence of a PotM and place it on another spec that would apply to more races. I tried to that in my Ranger concept where I created a spec based on the PofM but that it isn't literally one. This way we still maintain the identity of the PofM safe in the lore while giving players a new spec =). Tell me what u think =)

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    OH okay, let me stop u before u go any further =P. I can see why a priestess of the moon would be nelf only but what class would support a nelf only spec? But yes not saying I disagree that a priestess of the moon would be nelf only I am only saying why should it? I'm sure we could capture the essence of a PotM and place it on another spec that would apply to more races. I tried to that in my Ranger concept where I created a spec based on the PofM but that it isn't literally one. This way we still maintain the identity of the PofM safe in the lore while giving players a new spec =). Tell me what u think =)
    I was thinking of the priest class for that, actually, though on second thought, most PotM-y abilities seem to be given to druids...

Deleted
    I was thinking of the priest class for that, actually, though on second thought, most PotM-y abilities seem to be given to druids...
    yep ur right about the second sentence =/. But now bare with me. A PofM spec in the priest class would have to allow bows and with bows comes agility. How would the PotM benefit from agility stats on all the common priest class spells, part ofc from the spec unique abilities? It would be terrible to balance that.
    On the other hand even though druids have starfall and star rain and all starlike abilities a PotM could be developed into a healer spec which the balance spec isn't.
    In that sense, I think a PotM-type of spec has very good chances of coming as a new class spec, namely, the Ranger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that it is fashionable to talk lately about the Dragonsworn (more or less) I consider that many people will want to have a look at this idea, which I think is the one most close to an Dragonsworn in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually really like the mechanics, but I just don't feel the lore at all. I can't really explain it, but it feels too divorced of the context in which dragons exist in Warcraft, to specialized, too niche. There's no versatility lorewise, a dragonsworn would only be a dragonsworn with a very specific an immutable backstory. They would just feel to seclusive and removed from content not relationated with dragons. For their pandaren origenm monks are just martial artists; that woulldn't be thought as that out of place anywhere

And this is besides the point that dragons are in their twilight; their age as passed and they are not as relevant as they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Actually really like the mechanics, but I just don't feel the lore at all. I can't really explain it, but it feels too divorced of the context in which dragons exist in Warcraft, to specialized, too niche. There's no versatility lorewise, a dragonsworn would only be a dragonsworn with a very specific an immutable backstory. They would just feel to seclusive and removed from content not relationated with dragons. For their pandaren origenm monks are just martial artists; that woulldn't be thought as that out of place anywhere

And this is besides the point that dragons are in their twilight; their age as passed and they are not as relevant as they used to be.
    Didn't stop them from making death knights who are very much tied to the Scourge lore. Also, if the goal of the dragonswarm is to protect azeroth in the place of the dragon flights, it would work imo.

Dragons no longer have any power, thus, can no longer empower Dragonsworn. The concept doesn't make sense in the current state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Dragons no longer have any power, thus, can no longer empower Dragonsworn. The concept doesn't make sense in the current state of the game.
    No, the dragon aspects lost much of their power and their immorality, but that doesn't mean that dragons were stripped of all their power.

The class mechanics sound interesting. The only problem I see with it is you will get those random people that want to roll blue or bronze and then complain that they can't do the damage that green does. Then Blizz in its infinite wisdom will give it to them, and it will cause issues. Ranting aside though it was a decently thought out idea that I liked.