Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You are so wrong and you don't even know it...
    Yeh, his so LOL...he clearly doesn't know how to use the modifier macro we provided. I found another similar comment of you scroll down more. Another person who doesn't know how to use modifier.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    That macro won't work. It will cast backstab and if you aren't behind the target, it will give you a "you need to be behind your target" error and do nothing.
    There is no positional condition on the macro we had provided. The [mod] means to hold a modifier (shift, alt, crtl) while pressing the macro to use a different skill with the same button.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Backstab
    /cast [mod:shift] Hemorrhage

This is a long version of my:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Backstab;Hemorrhage

or an even longer version
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat] stealth
    /cast [mod, combat] backstab; hemorrhage
    /startattack [combat]

I can give you hundreds or variation depending on personal preference, it may be short or long, complicated or simple.
    [mod] is the short for modifier. Modifier are the buttons in your keyboard which are ctrl, alt, and lastly shift. You hold one or the specified before pressing the macro to use the skill attached to it.

Take note:
    If its doing something else, it means world of warcraft is using that combination as default. You need to unbind it on the game menu to make the macro work.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Macros are limited only to certain extend.
    As soon as you chain together too many abilities in 1 macro you remove the fluid control.
    It's one thing to have macros to say shadowstep to diff targets (w/o clicking) and etc, and another to full of 5 abilities in a row with a gcd.
    It means either you won't be able to react to things or you will break out of macro.
    Its not always the case on Priority Rotation type class. Cool down of skills are fixed so its possible to make it work properly no matter how many. True facts, its does mess a lot and lower performance when your using a Proc Rotation Type class, for example warriors.

Limits of Macro:
    >position condition does not exist. Which I hate the most
    >sequence is limited to 2-3 (depending on skill type), adding more will just messed up the macro. Nerf on purpose by the developers
    >macro cant prioritize procs, making multiple proced skill not trigger on macro..in other words, it will NOT work. (Engine Limitation)
    >Sequence delays procs for 1-2 secs. Reducing performance of the player (Dumb Program)
    >as long as your pressing the macro, it will trigger trinks and none gcd skills which often happens when mob is already dead, none left, and you are still flag in combat
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-05-22 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast Backstab
    If you think that will work, then you don't know how macros work.

Here's what happens. When you press the key bind to the macro it goes down the list and ignores any on-GCD lines after the first valid one it comes to (ie, the first one where any conditionals are met).

In this case the first on-GCD item is the backstab. Because there are no conditional tests on the backstab line, the macro will always attempt to cast backstab and it will NEVER cast the hemo, even if you press the modifier key for it. It will still do this if backstab fails due to positional restructions. You need the modifier conditional BEFORE the base case of backstab for the mod key to work or alternately put a conditional on backstab.

The macro I quoted is VERY different from the others you stated (they will all work) because of what I said in the preceding paragraph.

If you want the backstab line first and you want the macro to work, you need the quoted macro to be:
    /cast [nomod] Backstab
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-05-22 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    If you think that will work, then you don't know how macros work.

Here's what happens. When you press the key bind to the macro it goes down the list and ignores any on-GCD lines after the first valid one it comes to (ie, the first one where any conditionals are met).

In this case the first on-GCD item is the backstab. Because there are no conditional tests on the backstab line, the macro will always attempt to cast backstab and it will NEVER cast the hemo, even if you press the modifier key for it. It will still do this if backstab fails due to positional restructions. You need the modifier conditional BEFORE the base case of backstab for the mod key to work or alternately put a conditional on backstab.

The macro I quoted is VERY different from the others you stated (they will all work) because of what I said in the preceding paragraph.

If you want the backstab line first and you want the macro to work, you need the quoted macro to be:
    /cast [nomod] Backstab
    Oh, Yeh...forgot about that lol My bad
    Yep, should add [nomod] before Backstab to make it work

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just

/cast [mod:shift] hemorrhage; backstab

no need to mess around with [nomod]

Or just

/cast [mod:shift] hemorrhage; backstab

no need to mess around with [nomod]
    That's what I just said. You can even just write [mod] and take away the spaces between the symbols and words. It will be shorter and still do the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    That's what I just said. You can even just write [mod] and take away the spaces between the symbols and words. It will be shorter and still do the same thing.
    Yeah, then it's not bound to a single mod though, making other keycombos unavaileble.

Aha you fuckers are still making threads looking for a positional macro?

Maybe we can ask Blizzard to roll back to TBC hunters while we're at it!

infracted: trolling/flaming
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-25 at 12:07 AM.

The only macro I use that's related to backstab is the one where in stances stealth/shadowdance/vanish I use ambush, and normal stance I use backstab. No extra modifier keys to hit, so it saved me a key-bind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    The only macro I use that's related to backstab is the one where in stances stealth/shadowdance/vanish I use ambush, and normal stance I use backstab. No extra modifier keys to hit, so it saved me a key-bind.
    how does that macro look like ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    how does that macro look like ?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1/3] Ambush
    /cast [nostance] Backstab

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1/3] Ambush
    /cast [nostance] Backstab
    This one is shorter, but does exactly the same thing...just a cleanup version lol
    /cast [stealth]Ambush;Backstab

Lets go back to the purpose of the thread plus your macro, you will come up with
    /cast [stealth]Ambush;[mod:shift]Backstab;Hemorrhage

Lets make it into a much better macro ^,..,^
    /castsequence [stealth]Ambush;reset=target/shift Hemorrhage,null
    /cast Backstab
    /cast [combat]Shadow Blades
    /use [combat]13
    /use [combat]14
    /cast [nostance:1]Stealth
    /startattack [combat]

Or you can fit in more skill by using all 3 modifier (shift, alt, ctrl)

and also add one more skill without adding a modifier like example
    /castsequence [stealth]Ambush;reset=target Expose Armor,null
    /cast [mod:shift]Hemorrhage;Backstab

Or do both...
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-05-25 at 10:51 PM.