Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

How the hell will the orcs redeem themselves when all this is done?

They're probably going to be almost universally mistrusted by every other race. How can they begin to regain the trust of the other horde races, how can they redeem themselves after MoP?

And don't get me wrong, I know very well that not every single orc is evil, but recent events have put them in a very bad light, and I find it hard to believe that they're going to be able to shake this off in a hurry.

What are they going to have to do to so that other races can place their trust in them again, will we see every one of garroshes followers put down or imprisoned, what will that mean for the orcs remaining?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kill Mannaroth.

I mean, uh, make Garrosh take the blame. Think Nuremberg Trials, but with magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the simplest reply is that being willing to kill Garrosh would be a first step. Besides if the next expansion calls for both factions to work together (for some reason) there will be plenty of opportunities to make amends.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    They're probably going to be almost universally mistrusted by every other race. How can they begin to regain the trust of the other horde races, how can they redeem themselves after MoP?

And don't get me wrong, I know very well that not every single orc is evil, but recent events have put them in a very bad light, and I find it hard to believe that they're going to be able to shake this off in a hurry.

What are they going to have to do to so that other races can place their trust in them again, will we see every one of garroshes followers put down or imprisoned, what will that mean for the orcs remaining?
    Cake, Lots and lots of Cake!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I suppose the simplest reply is that being willing to kill Garrosh would be a first step.
    yeah, obviously that has to count for something, but after something as bad as a fullscale civil war, I'm begining to think if there's another orc warchief, there may be some doubt or mistrust going on amongst other horde races, unless it's thrall, who has proven himself before. Something tells me it's going to be a long road for the orcs after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot of orcs do not support Garrosh. And by this I mean Majority. Its his Kor'Kron wo supports him and they will be wiped out in the Battle I hope ! Tides of War shows situation in Orgrimmar very good. How Kor'Kron goes to every orc at nights and beats "simple" non-Garrosh supporting orcs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 10:34 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure when Burning LEgion returns on Azeroth Night Elves and Orcs will get plenty of time to develop and orcs to have their redemption too.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Lot of orcs do not support Garrosh. And by this I mean Majority. Its his Kor'Kron wo supports him and they will be wiped out in the Battle I hope ! Tides of War shows situation in Orgrimmar very good. How Kor'Kron goes to every orc at nights and beats "simple" non-Garrosh supporting orcs.
    Yeah I understand that, but if real life history has shown us anything, it's that the few can ruin it for the many, I don't see why it shouldn't be the same in the horde, but then again, maybe I'm thinking too much into this, maybe after all the kor'kron are destroyed everything will be ok, but I do have a feeling there is going to be at least some animosity towards orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only Garrosh and his followers that people hate. I think once we take care of them it'll all be back to normal. The races know that it's Garrosh corrupting the Horde and not just the Orcs in general.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yeah I understand that, but if real life history has shown us anything, it's that the few can ruin it for the many, I don't see why it shouldn't be the same in the horde, but then again, maybe I'm thinking too much into this, maybe after all the kor'kron are destroyed everything will be ok, but I do have a feeling there is going to be at least some animosity towards orcs.
    Of Course there will be animosity against Orcs thats why we are having Burning Legion expansion, I feel that Orcs will get their redemption in that expansion. And Night Elves Lore Development. As Burning Legion is too close two those two races. Orcs will be leader race in Horde against the Burning Legion they will show the courage and determination against them, there will be some major sacrifices I guess. Like Night Elves will be leader race in Alliance. And when we Attack them in Argos (if it ever happens) Draenei will lead both factions.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    It's only Garrosh and his followers that people hate. I think once we take care of them it'll all be back to normal. The races know that it's Garrosh corrupting the Horde and not just the Orcs in general.
    No I cant agree with you. Once everything is done and calmed, Trolls and Tauren will start hating every Orc in Orgrimmar or New Kor'kron. It always happens like that.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Looking at what is currently happening around Orgrimmar then one does wonder how any of the Horde races can even think about forgiven the Orcs.

It's not like if Garrosh and his minions are a minority, most Orcs are actually more then happy to follow him because eventually the current untainted Orcs is no different then the tainted Orcs minus the rampaging part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    This basically. Blizz has been careful to make sure all of Garrosh's evil cronies have come under the label of ''Kor'kron'' as well. (Kor'kron Dire Soldier, Kor'kron Dark Shaman etc)

Garrosh dead, corrupt Kor'kron wiped out. Horde is happy.

sylvanas for warchief, if they dont trust her, she can blight bomb the trust into them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll kill Garrosh and Thrall'll be all "Thanks, bro" to Varian and then the Alliance will just walk out and we'll be back to BC relations between the factions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Looking at what is currently happening around Orgrimmar then one does wonder how any of the Horde races can even think about forgiven the Orcs.

It's not like if Garrosh and his minions are a minority, most Orcs are actually more then happy to follow him because eventually the current untainted Orcs is no different then the tainted Orcs minus the rampaging part.
    Someone didn't read Tides of War, where it's explained (and now shown, by the Kor'kron martial law in Valley of Spirits) that the Kor'kron have turned Orgrimmar into a totalitarian police state where dissenters are beaten, tortured, killed, or any combination of the three.

edit: As far as how the orcs will regain the Horde's goodwill, I expect a huge schism to break out among the orcish populace and the Kor'kron when Thrall goes to Orgrimmar. Either because he awakens their courage to stand against him or because something happens to Thrall that the orcs consider most supremely not-awesome. The orcs who side against Garrosh will join Vol'jin's rebellion and, once the dust settles, will likely eat a lot of humble pie and work from there.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Vol'jin, Baine or someone else will probably call for mercy and understanding, as the orcs were ultimately taken advantage of or something. It's kind of true they were, Garrosh rode on their dissatisfaction for their hard life, pride is exactly what they needed at the moment.

Just as long as they won't go through any more penance. There's been enough of that since the Second War ended.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We'll kill Garrosh and Thrall'll be all "Thanks, bro" to Varian and then the Alliance will just walk out and we'll be back to BC relations between the factions.
    Not likely. I suspect that The Siege of Orgrimmar will end with Orgrimmar under Alliance occupation, which will obviously piss off the the remaining Horde enough to want to kick them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah! As if we've done anything that requires redeeming. Horde will reign!

Wasn't Thrall an orc? :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    This basically. Blizz has been careful to make sure all of Garrosh's evil cronies have come under the label of ''Kor'kron'' as well. (Kor'kron Dire Soldier, Kor'kron Dark Shaman etc)

Garrosh dead, corrupt Kor'kron wiped out. Horde is happy.
    pretty much this. The evil orcs are those under the kor'kohn label, well the other orcs are either misguided or citizens with no place to stand.

however, when you look across durotar, the barrens and beyond, you realize just how many kor'kohn there are.

And, when this is all over, how the hell are the orcs meant to reprsent themselves, when there own guards and 'protectors' are all dead. Yes, Sully (I think it was this one) said how the kor'kohn were once protectors of the horde, now garrosh has turned them into a legion of destruction.

For the orcs to have any muscle in it as a race after this, given how many kor'kohn will be dead, it will need new solders to replace the old.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 11:36 PM ----------

Before Garrosh, and well after the events of Wc2, the orcs actually became a people, one who you could sympathize with and who held honor and brotherhood to its nature.

These orcs now, are nothing more then generic lord of the rings cut and paste orcs with no redeeming qualities.

Its sick seeing a race that had such a well developed story just be dragged down like this, AGAIN, after it already climbed up from the shit it made for itself in the past.
    #boycottchina

I feel nazgrim will have something to do with it, he is well liked and very likeable, he is kinda simple minded, loyal and obedient: he represents the image most people have of orcs. So him denying Garrosh will feel like "the orcs" denying garrosh
    Last edited by Qly; 2013-05-22 at 10:42 PM.