Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance are kind of prissy this patch

Ok, I've done the start of the rebellion on both sides, and something I've noticed between the two.

On the horde side (apart from being more epic an intro), theres just the characters there on razor hill and the interaction between, nothing out of the ordinarily.

Yet on the alliance side, if you go there and talk to vol'jin, alliance text keeps commenting on how bad it smells there, how vol'jin's breath smells, and it even uses flies animation around the camp, indicating how its meant to smell bad.

I mean.. really? There has to be this implied prissiness for the alliance, just because there in a situation there not use it? And they have to complain about, even be given visual aid for it?

Its like an american going to a third world country, and all he complains about is the flies on his skin.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its like an american going to a third world country, and all he complains about is the flies on his skin.
    Actually, the Alliance (humans, that is) makes me think of 18th-19th century colonial England. Invading whatever they want, treating the indigenous population like dirt, betraying their own kind (hi Stonemasons Guild) etc...
    But then again, this parallelism can be traced all the way back to Tolkien, in fact.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I wouldnt say that this indicate alliance being clean pansies. It indicate vol'jin and his glorious rebels being so occupied with glorious liberation of the horde, they cant take shower and clean up they asses. Toothpaste wouldnt hurt either.

Ok, I've done the start of the rebellion on both sides, and something I've noticed between the two.

On the horde side (apart from being more epic an intro), theres just the characters there on razor hill and the interaction between, nothing out of the ordinarily.

Yet on the alliance side, if you go there and talk to vol'jin, alliance text keeps commenting on how bad it smells there, how vol'jin's breath smells, and it even uses flies animation around the camp, indicating how its meant to smell bad.

I mean.. really? There has to be this implied prissiness for the alliance, just because there in a situation there not use it? And they have to complain about, even be given visual aid for it?

It sounds like Blizz is trying to put an emphasis on the differences between Alliance and Horde (more specifically, Troll culture). Or, it could just be that they are deliberately trying to piss off one faction, or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    It sounds like Blizz is trying to put an emphasis on the differences between Alliance and Horde (more specifically, Troll culture). Or, it could just be that they are deliberately trying to piss off one faction, or both.
    seems so. And yet as someone said on general chat when I brought this up (seemed an intresting debate to have on general chat), if it smelled that badly, wouldn't the blood elves of all races be complaining the most about it smelling bad? I don't see any bad smells or flies buzzing around on my blood elf mage alt.
    #boycottchina

maybe the alliance should just let you all find your own resources and you can do your own little mini rebellion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I agree. the alliance do seem to have this high and mighty view of themselves this patch.

OT: Arrashi, is yer avatar hipster cultist-chan?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe the alliance should just let you all find your own resources and you can do your own little mini rebellion
    you live in a city with an open sewer system. I'd be more concerned about our horde troops catching cholera from humans.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcow View Post
    I agree. the alliance do seem to have this high and mighty view of themselves this patch.

OT: Arrashi, is yer avatar hipster cultist-chan?
    It would apperar so.

10+ Year Old Account

To be fair: It's an improvised camp of rebels. Probably even quite a few refugees in there, too much people for proper hygiene.

if it smelled that badly, wouldn't the blood elves of all races be complaining the most about it smelling bad? I don't see any bad smells or flies buzzing around on my blood elf mage alt.
    Yup. Blizzard could also be trying to instill disgust in the player.

Personally I'm a Draenei, so all Azerothians smell a bit weird to me. Happens when you're from another planet. I do like the mossy smell of Nightelfs though.

you live in a city with an open sewer system. I'd be more concerned about our horde troops catching cholera from humans.
    my city HAS a sewer system.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my city HAS a sewer system.
    thats open, that children fish in
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Horde get an epic story line, and your complaining that the Alliance think that Vol'jin is a smelly troll in comparison ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Horde get an epic story line, and your complaining that the Alliance think that Vol'jin is a smelly troll in comparison ?
    no I think the alliance are being needlessly petty when theres more things concerned about then how something in a far off land smells.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    thats open, that children fish in
    better than throwing it on the street
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

no I think the alliance are being needlessly petty when theres more things concerned about then how something in a far off land smells.
    maybe for the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disdainful. Condescending. Not prissy.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why alliance can't get nice things, because they complain about the small details to much.. even things they consider smell bad to them.

Really, it feels less like 'proud, determined, honorable warrior of the alliance', and more like 'whining, childish brat', when i'm reading this quest text. Perhaps this was blizzards way of sewing some discord, but really, it just makes the alliance come off more immature then proud.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, it feels less like 'proud, determined, honorable warrior of the alliance', and more like 'whining, childish brat', when i'm reading this quest text.
    Seriously?
    I still think Blizzard put that in so the player doesn't get too comfortable around Vol'jin. Remember: He is an enemy after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    better than throwing it on the street
    where is it ever said they throw it into the street? for all you know gazlowe was hired to make dunny tunnels as well when he was hired to help build orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.