Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need More Green Fire Spells From Codex of Xerrath

i wish they'd add more green fire verisions of some of the warlock spells, especially for affliction. I know..I know "it only affects fire spells", but it would be nice to have some more "fel" infused spells to show off.
    "fel" verison spells i would like to see are;
    affliction:
    • soul drain
    • malefic grasp
    • haunt

demonology:
    • touch of chaos
    • hand of gul'dan
    • wave of chaos

for every spec:
    • fel/dreadsteed
    • dark soul

hopefully they consider adding more fel versions of some spells. anyone else think it would be nice to see more fel version of any spells?

You understand that none of the spells you mentioned (other then Fel/Dreadsteed) involve fire, right?

offtopic: Did you really try to take Niberions avatar -.-

Deleted
    No thanks, I like my green fire for fire spells as destruction, I don't want all of my affliction spells suddenly turning into nonsensical green fire, I'd just go and stick to orange if I was forced into that.

Every fire spell we have (bar mounts, and even that's up for change eventually) is green already, be sated.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Considering it's used on the official WoW page for warlocks, it's hard to consider Niberion has a monopoly on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You understand that none of the spells you mentioned (other then Fel/Dreadsteed) involve fire, right?

Metamorphosis form doesn't inherently involve fire, and yet it's colored green. Isn't the point of the Codex that it corrupts your abilities with Fel magic, not just Fel fire? Isn't it plausible that the same Fel corruption would effect abilities such as the ones listed above?

sorry, i believe you might have misread my post. not that didn't understand it or anything, but i did post that i understand while they're not fire spells, "fel" infused versions of the spells would be nice to have, especially for affliction. my apologies if you did understand it i mean no harm, its just i am clarifying that i already know they're not fire spells, but some fel versions of some of the spells would be nice to have, especially for affliction which really has nothing other than rain of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    sorry, i believe you might have misread my post. not that didn't understand it or anything, but i did post that i understand while they're not fire spells, "fel" infused versions of the spells would be nice to have, especially for affliction. my apologies if you did understand it i mean no harm, its just i am clarifying that i already know they're not fire spells, but some fel versions of some of the spells would be nice to have, especially for affliction which really has nothing other than rain of fire.
    Not gonna lie, I read the spell list/title and totally skipped over your 'Fel Infused' part. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    No thanks, I like my green fire for fire spells as destruction, I don't want all of my affliction spells suddenly turning into nonsensical green fire, I'd just go and stick to orange if I was forced into that.

Every fire spell we have (bar mounts, and even that's up for change eventually) is green already, be sated.
    while i do agree with you to a point,i believe having a few other spells like dark soul, and fel/dreadsteed, or malefic grasp, and touch of chaos green wouldn't saturate the warlock color scheme overall, but it is personal preferences so maybe it would for some

I want green Malefic Grasp, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I want green Malefic Grasp, that is all.
    yeah that would be neat to have. make it like green and black or something. I would love it if they changed touch of chaos's animation look more green and fel like or at last have its animation more noticeable

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they might have a fel dreadsteed for us at some point

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    yeah that would be neat to have. make it like green and black or something. I would love it if they changed touch of chaos's animation look more green and fel like or at last have its animation more noticeable
    But.. those are shadow spells
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

They already have plans to add green trails to lock mounts.

And as roahn said, they're shadow spells. Meta is not a shadow spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    They already have plans to add green trails to lock mounts.

And as roahn said, they're shadow spells. Meta is not a shadow spell.
    Right but it's not a fire spell either and that was the argument people are using against green affliction abilities.

Deleted
    Dark apotheosis as well as the horns that appear on your head as you gain fury also need some love. Also meteor slam.

Deleted
    As an option? Why not.

But personally I turned off the green fire and never looked back...

... and here's why:

1) Incinerate, FnB spells and FnB "aura" doesn't look like a fire but like a poison
    2) There's nothing wrong with the classical fire and to be honest for me it looks much better than the green version
    3) Green Metamorphosis - completely destroys the beautiful violet theme Demo has
    4) I don't like the colour green, yet it seems everybody who plays warlock has to automatically love it. Our Challenge mode gear is green as well and that's one of the reasons I went for Conqueror's Deathbringer Garb with Lifebinder staff and Whispcloak back. I don't know what it is, but I just love the T8,5 set. Also those big horns on ChM gear are kind of cheesy.

Also, I said that as an option, the spells you mention, could be green, however the idea itself is bad. Affliction is a shadow spec. Haunt looks beautiful and it's a shame the soul doesn't return back anymore. If there should be any changes for affliction, it should be something along the lines of adding some aura (old Erradiction animation upon a Haunt cast, actual souls being released upon a Soulburn cast (think Witch Doctor in DIII), not that quite dull rotating animation we have now, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Considering it's used on the official WoW page for warlocks, it's hard to consider Niberion has a monopoly on it.
    Wait, is the one with the green fire on the official WoW page? I actually should just use my epic paint skills to make something like my signature ( which was done in paint as well) xD

OT: Green shadow spells just don't make sense tbh :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Wait, is the one with the green fire on the official WoW page? I actually should just use my epic paint skills to make something like my signature ( which was done in paint as well) xD

OT: Green shadow spells just don't make sense tbh :/

Fel magic is powerful arcane magic. Shadow magic is weak(er) arcane magic. Fire is, kind of, considered an arcane school too but it's really more elemental. So it makes for the shadow magic to be green too. Shadow bolt and the demo spells mentioned in first post. Only affliction spell that I think can be turned green is Haunt, I mean isn't it green when it flies back to you? Grasp and Soul Drain would look to much like drain life...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowone View Post
    -snip-
    Yes, but that's the normal one, that I'm using. I was asking about the greenish one that login was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Right but it's not a fire spell either and that was the argument people are using against green affliction abilities.
    It's not a shadow spell. It's a stance/form.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    It's not a shadow spell. It's a stance/form.
    I know this, and that doesn't change the fact that it's not a fire spell is why I'm suggesting some Affy spells could also turn green, because they are not fire spells either. Malefic Grasp wouldn't have to turn completely green, maybe just a tint or something.