Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmi View Post
    Hi, I'm currently going with 522 mainhand + 504 (shikzeer claw) offhand. I've got the lei-shen pole (thunderforged =>528) today - should I use it ? If so, is there a shift in stat weights-especially haste? thanks
    I'd sim it if I were you, though just from the top of my head, the 528 2her > 522+504, though if you get another 522 it might change again.
    2hers are a bit more favorable of crit, but only marginally.

thanks, I will try - and how is the trinket scaling at the moment? Bad-Juju vs ratataki vs upgraded heroic bottle => bottle still better due to high uptime? thats what I red at the start of 5.2
    Last edited by Esmi; 2013-05-21 at 09:31 PM.

There's a trinket spreadsheet by someone (can't recall his name unfortunately, sorry - think it was Rotund?) on these boards/EJ:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...vLUk5WEE#gid=0

Hi all,

So I just got an LFR RoR. I'm aware that an RoR is more powerful than any trinket in ToT no matter what ilvl (especially now with upgrades available. My question is, I can currently choose between 522 Bad Juju, a 510 RoR (Im going to upgrade it twice) and a 510 ilvl Heroic Bottle.

My gut tells me Bad Juju and RoR.

Any suggestions?

This is my armory -- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...genio/advanced

(I know I'm going mastery atm because I havnt had the time to reforge and regem etc..)

Thanks!

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 06:55 PM ----------

Side note: do you guys unequip and equip your RoR before a fight so that it doesn't proc at the start? Ie if it procs at the start it leaves you with no haste and crit to start the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    No, it's not me. I think that was either Promdates or Pisshands?
    It was Prom. I credited him in the top of the EJ thread

@DrWeird. Yes, many people equip and unequip it so that it does not proc right off the bat. The LFR one has a very low uptime, but I believe it to still be worth using.

Also, upgraded mine to 530 last night. While it still procs at the worst possible time, the fact that it procs more often is fantastic. I have just begun to ignore bad procs (ie, if we are swapping heads on Megaera) because I feel it is slightly more reliable with more procs - ie, as makes logical sense to me, it is more likely to proc at the right time, so it seems to be less of a loss to ignore a bad proc and save stacks for a more realistic "good" proc.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2013-05-22 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    It was Prom. I credited him in the top of the EJ thread

@DrWeird. Yes, many people equip and unequip it so that it does not proc right off the bat. The LFR one has a very low uptime, but I believe it to still be worth using.

Also, upgraded mine to 530 last night. While it still procs at the worst possible time, the fact that it procs more often is fantastic. I have just begun to ignore bad procs (ie, if we are swapping heads on Megaera) because I feel it is slightly more reliable with more procs - ie, as makes logical sense to me, it is more likely to proc at the right time, so it seems to be less of a loss to ignore a bad proc and save stacks for a more realistic "good" proc.
    Would you say that it's not even worth totally rehauling my setup unless I get at least a normal mode one?

Edit: That said, do YOU unequip and equip it?

Also how does the clipping work? Do you pop TeB a second time before the buff wears off? or do you just store it all for another proc?
    Last edited by Girthmonster; 2013-05-22 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to gain any benefit from using it, you WILL need to overhaul a bit, ie make sure Mastery is your highest stat. Over time you will probably adjust your haste to be a bit higher, too - I never saw myself as being comfortable above 6.5k haste, but last night I finally found a new comfort zone at 7.8k. Yours probably will not be that dramatic of an increase, given LFR does not have as high of an uptime, but it is worth adjusting to nobetheless. Especially since you will be that much more comfortable with it when you get the 522+ version

You want to pop TEB when the RoR proc is about to fall off as long as the encounter isn't having significant downtime. This is because you will gain the damage bonus and have your crit and haste back. You can pop TEB earlier in the proc as well, but only do this if you will have 10 stacks to pop when the proc is about to end. Otherwise, you would have gained more just using TEB once at the end of the proc.

Deleted
    I dont really think that upgrading your RoR will be the highest prio. Go for weps first and then your other trinket. All the upgrade on RoR really does is increasing the static agi, And a slight increase in the proc which doesnt really increase your dps.

Im running with a TF normal RoR and will save it for last ( after weps and my Juju )

Hi guys. I need some help. I'm decently geared, though i'm having to use a 2hander right now as my one hander's were trash. (LFR TOT kura kura and LFR skeezer)

I would post my armory but can't yet.

Satellê

is my monk's name. Please copy and paste unless your good with alt codes.

I normally use Xuen, but just got done with tortos lastnight and hadn't changed back. So that is why I have rushing jade wind.

When i'm at max haste, i'm energy capping like a fiend, I've toned it down, but still loooking for that sweet spot. I've been getting some graphical lag in some fights where I have to double hit buttons to make sure they go off.

My computer is more than powerful enough to handle wow on max settings, so I'm not sure if its blizz's side or on my side that the lag comes from.

Anyways. I could use some help. I'm easily staying at 100k dps (recount) or above on most fights. But in my raid group I'm generally the lowest dps. I feel like I should be higher. I'm not an EJ, but I am a slight perfectionist. So it urks me that my damage is not better.

I do my best to keep myself from capping energy, I'm rarely capping on chi. I need to work on keeping tiger palm up. I've let it drop a time or two. I use chi wave when everything is on Cd for the most part, and i'm not energy capped. I only pop Xuen for the most part when I can pop him with 10 stacks of TEB. With the 4pc its significantly easier to have it ready.

I don't sim, though i'm told I should, but I have 0 idea on how to set all that up and actually do that. Me and math. are bit like oil and water. But I want to be better. Can I get some feedback, thoughts, suggestions on what I should do, which pieces should I upgrade, What pieces of (normal) gear should I shoot for as my guild is still working on normal progress in 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    I dont really think that upgrading your RoR will be the highest prio. Go for weps first and then your other trinket. All the upgrade on RoR really does is increasing the static agi, And a slight increase in the proc which doesnt really increase your dps.

Im running with a TF normal RoR and will save it for last ( after weps and my Juju )
    Don't Rppm trinkets increase in proc rate with higher item level? Also I say all this with weapon upgrade being taken for granted.

@ Calligraphy -- Thanks a lot. So you reckon I need to put on the RoR, overhaul to get mastery 1 point above every other stat and just suffer a bit on DPS till I get gear and get used to the trinket? That said After weapons I think my first other upgrade is going to be the RoR. Does that seem correct? Or should I upgrade Juju, like the dude above me said?

Also, is it mandatory to equip and unequip the trinket before a boss fight so that I don't suffer from stats or is that kind of a personal issue?

Yes they said that RPPM trinkets get increased proc rates at higher ilvls. 2/2 RoRo procs A TON more then a 0/2 one.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Also, is it mandatory to equip and unequip the trinket before a boss fight so that I don't suffer from stats or is that kind of a personal issue?
    I am not a fan of this myself. You'll realistically get 3-4 stacks before your first Roro proc ends, which is enough to compensate for the lost stats during the proc itself.

On the other hand, if you unequip it before the pull, you'll miss out on the 16.5x modifier at the beginning of the fight. So when the ICD ends, it'll be back to your normal proc rate, which means you'll miss out on at least one proc in the fight.

EDIT: 2/2 upgrade on any RPPM trinket will give you 7.74% more procs per minute on average, regardless on the base ilvl.
    Last edited by Crevan; 2013-05-22 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Update

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post

I have logs - albeit private - that prove otherwise. Higher uptime on RoRO is NOT a loss, especially when it causes the proc to be much more reliable (per se).

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    I am not a fan of this myself. You'll realistically get 3-4 stacks before your first Roro proc ends, which is enough to compensate for the lost stats during the proc itself.

On the other hand, if you unequip it before the pull, you'll miss out on the 16.5x modifier at the beginning of the fight. So when the ICD ends, it'll be back to your normal proc rate, which means you'll miss out on at least one proc in the fight.

EDIT: 2/2 upgrade on any RPPM trinket will give you 7.74% more procs per minute on average, regardless on the base ilvl.
    Same - plus people have a tendency to make it a habit to pull early. Nothing more devastating than to have the boss pull at 10 and enter progression without RoRO. What I typically do is just delay Xuen until the end of the proc - given that, while Xuen updates with your buffs, that's still 10s where he does not have crit/haste.

I have logs - albeit private - that prove otherwise. Higher uptime on RoRO is NOT a loss, especially when it causes the proc to be much more reliable (per se).

Same - plus people have a tendency to make it a habit to pull early. Nothing more devastating than to have the boss pull at 10 and enter progression without RoRO. What I typically do is just delay Xuen until the end of the proc - given that, while Xuen updates with your buffs, that's still 10s where he does not have crit/haste.
    Hadn't thought about this. Thanks.

Is there a reforge addon you use to help with min maxing so you have 1 more point of mastery than anything else? or you just shoot from the hip and tinker like a motherfucker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hadn't thought about this. Thanks.

Is there a reforge addon you use to help with min maxing so you have 1 more point of mastery than anything else? or you just shoot from the hip and tinker like a motherfucker?
    I do a little bit of both, to be honest. AMR is pretty iffy IMO, but Zephyrus is proving to be very nice. I've just been playing with different levels of haste, so some of my reforges are a bit weird right now.

Deleted
    What do you guys think of going full expertise hybrid gems instead of agi? With the now achievable item level on the weapons those 1000k crits are no rarity anymore.. should we push our secondaries even more? I see Reqfu going this route with sick amounts of haste and others gemming full agi. Is there a way to calculate what way of those results in better dps?

I do a little bit of both, to be honest. AMR is pretty iffy IMO, but Zephyrus is proving to be very nice. I've just been playing with different levels of haste, so some of my reforges are a bit weird right now.
    What's Zephyrus? Also Check out my monk atm, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...genio/advanced

anything i could be doing better to mini max that mastery / crit/ haste?

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    What do you guys think of going full expertise hybrid gems instead of agi? With the now achievable item level on the weapons those 1000k crits are no rarity anymore.. should we push our secondaries even more? I see Reqfu going this route with sick amounts of haste and others gemming full agi. Is there a way to calculate what way of those results in better dps?

I'm pretty sure he has sick amounts of haste purely due to his gear. If you look at how he is reforged and gemmed his mastery is still only 1 point ahead of haste. This will come to us all in time with gear.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:47 AM ----------

Edit: Do you pop your TeB ONLY when Rune procs?

15+ Year Old Account
    What's Zephyrus?
    Zephyrus is a Java-based program that calculates the best gemming/reforging/re-enchanting to provide you a 1.01/1/1 ratio while you have Rune equipped. It basically tries to get you as close to even as possible between your mastery, crit, haste. It was originally made for Feral druids (given that it's being posted on Fluiddruid; a druid-based forum). But Raffy opened up the original program, Catus, to monks, in the form of Zephyrus.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574

Keep in mind there is a known issue dealing with the legendary gem right now and should be fixed in the next release; Version 12.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-05-23 at 09:30 AM.