Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, you complain about being unable to IDLE and receive rares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it in grizzy hills at 7.40 morning. Just be sure too wake up sooner than usualy and its yours.

And yeah...it sucks runing all over the place....lucky my mage is enginer
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I got it in grizzy hills at 7.40 morning. Just be sure too wake up sooner than usualy and its yours.

And yeah...it sucks runing all over the place....lucky my mage is enginer
    thats where i found mine as well, was flying over to borean tundra to check over there and almost missed it when i flew by it, named mine clara
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    to compensate for its bad spawning "mechanic" blizzard should raise the spawn rate, not to ludicrous amounts but enough to where things like flying around for almost 24 hours straight arent likely to happen
    Easy mechanic.

"spawning mechanism is currently unknown, but it has been sighted in at least two different locations that happen to be along the paths of rare spawn mobs in Northrend. It is quite possible that the Unborn Val'kyr randomly spawns in place of Northrend rares."

If you know how rare mobs work in Wotlk. The faster you kill the rare mobs. The faster the spawns of the other rare mobs.
    This was proven by Ponderance after the rare cap issue.
    http://tlpdresource.com/amrares.shade.path.L.jpg

Since no1 knows if pet will pick up on Npc scan.
    Just create a macro and bash it over each overlay of the rare mob spawn location and route

Happy Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Easy mechanic.

"spawning mechanism is currently unknown, but it has been sighted in at least two different locations that happen to be along the paths of rare spawn mobs in Northrend. It is quite possible that the Unborn Val'kyr randomly spawns in place of Northrend rares."

If you know how rare mobs work in Wotlk. The faster you kill the rare mobs. The faster the spawns of the other rare mobs.
    This was proven by Ponderance after the rare cap issue.
    http://tlpdresource.com/amrares.shade.path.L.jpg

Since no1 knows if pet will pick up on Npc scan.
    Just create a macro and bash it over each overlay of the rare mob spawn location and route

Happy Hunting
    that was an old rumour that has been debunked by mumper.

the unborn valkyr can spawn anywhere in northrend, thats its mechanic as confirmed by mumper in an interview awhile back.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    thats where i found mine as well, was flying over to borean tundra to check over there and almost missed it when i flew by it, named mine clara
    Named mine Yuriko Omega

Also the funny thing is. As soon as i entered with this pet in lfr i got 20 wispers where i got this pet. I lied and said its from blizzard tickets thingy .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    -.- After searching for it all day yesterday with no luck, i log in today to find it within a minute of logging in -.-

http://i.imgur.com/acDnBEG.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    -.- After searching for it all day yesterday with no luck, i log in today to find it within a minute of logging in -.-
    Be happy about it? At least you have it now - a lot of other people who spent the same amount of time on it so far don't.

im getting pretty close to over 24 hours straight of searching for the unborn valkyr now for those who dont know the unborn valkyr is a rare spawn pet like the minfernal or scourged whelp HOWEVER unlike those two it can spawn ANYWHERE in northrend, literally anywhere.

so instead of sitting in one spot and knowing if you wait long enough eventually it will spawn you have to fly all over northrend hours on end and hope you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

not only have i been searching for almost 24 hours straight for more than half the time i had 2 to 3 people helping me look for it.

this is horrible and i hate it, if it was in one spot i wouldnt mind because i could just go there sit there and wait and if i can figure out when it last spawned i could probably even figure out when exactly i need to show up or if its a weather effect just sit there and wait for it to happen but no i have to fly all around northrend and read every green paw that shows up and check over and over again.

to compensate for its bad spawning "mechanic" blizzard should raise the spawn rate, not to ludicrous amounts but enough to where things like flying around for almost 24 hours straight arent likely to happen
    Yea! The pet should spawn Everywhere, at Every time, for Everyone! That would be super great!
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Epic? Lol, the stupidest spawn mechanic ever.
    I wonder, what is so epic in 24/7 mindless flying around Nord spamming /tar Unborn macros? People are writing something about pride. There is no pride in this. I hated camping rares sitting in one place for hours, but at least I could do something useful while waiting and not completely waste my time.

Its fine.
    The respawn timer isn't as long as people are making it out to be and it's great they've finally raised the middle finger to "camping" a single spot for hours on end.

You're supposed to fly around Northrend to find this;
    I actually got mine from somebody who found one and traded pets.
    (Who I believe found it flying around and posted on the forums about it.)

So much more satisfying than sitting in a spot for 2 months ala TLPD.

And to the people complaining about it being stupid;
    Just don't do it. Pets not for you then.

Deleted
    I might be wrong...but seeing how many people are flying around trying to find it, camping one of the confirmed spawn locations still could be more effective than doing the same. Hard to tell. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I might be wrong...but seeing how many people are flying around trying to find it, camping one of the confirmed spawn locations still could be more effective than doing the same. Hard to tell. :/
    Depends on how many people are out on your data center.

If there's a person on every other spawn camping is the way to go for sure - However anybody camping is going to play the RNG roulette game extremely hard because it has to spawn and spawn where they're camping exactly.
    And new spawns are popping up every other hour or so still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    If there's a person on every other spawn camping is the way to go for sure - However anybody camping is going to play the RNG roulette game extremely hard because it has to spawn and spawn where they're camping exactly.
    And new spawns are popping up every other hour or so still.
    Right. Guess I'm going to take a break after almost 24 hours of constant camping without a single spawn popping up. I might try flying around tonight, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of putting this pet on the back burner for a little while. I have been spending way to much time flying around lol. Hopefully in a few weeks more information will be out about what determines the spawning, hopefully there is more to it than what Corey Stockton revealed

Deleted
    if everyone could get it first day, it wouldnt be that epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    if everyone could get it first day, it wouldnt be that epic.
    Okay, I have 507 unique pets. I've caught int he wild every possible pet. I did Minfernal with the old "server restart" trick, which was absolutely annoying. I'm pretty much like the OP in that regard. I spent 50 hours in Tanaris, logged in hours mind you, waiting for a sandstorm and 25 in Storm Peaks waiting for snow.

This is much, much worse.

At least those pets were localized to one zone, not an entire CONTINENT. To cover about every inch of ground in Northrend, even at fully capped flight speed, takes about an hour. So, you figure this. For those people saying they've already hit one full day of flying, they've made now 24 full rotations of the entire zone...and still not managed to find so much as one.

And this has nothing to do with other people finding it and getting lucky. Or not getting it on the first day. Or any of that. It has to do with this. Blizzard stated, directly (though I do not recall now exactly where I read it) that this pet would not be as "elusive", essentially, as the Minfernal, which many argue was (and likely still is) the worst pet to try and obtain.

However, Minfernal spawns in one small, set area, but simply spawns at random times. This pet spawns in ANY area across an entire continent, not just zone, spawns only one, and then spawns in another random place after being killed or captured.

So, how is this "less elusive"? You have an equal number of people covering about sixteen times as much ground to look for about seven times fewer spawns. That's definitely not my definition of "easier to obtain". And, again, I'll point out...I got my Minfernal before the maintenance spawn fix. Which was a pain. Because trying to get on at the time on maintenance or restart days was incredibly hard for me, and if you didn't make that, you didn't see the pet. Period.

This is far too much coverage to get this pet. That's the problem people have with the mechanic. To get one requires you to zone into seven different areas and fly around. In other words, this pet is basically just sitting there with a big stamp on it's forehead saying "no-lifers only", because there's no way a casual pet collector will have the capability to stay online and fly around the number of hours you're probably going to have to log to get this thing. If it had simply been limited to one zone, but the zone in it's entirety, that would be a bit more tolerable. But to put it across all of Northrend is just going to cause a backlash of people who are going to reach their 300th hour of coasting along Borean Tundra for the 30th time to no avail.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    You could try a non-crz server. Minfernals, for example, are up there almost 100% of the time. I bet that if I logged right now I would see at least a couple waiting to be catch. No doubt for this pet it's the same (with the incovenience of leveling a char to be wotlk operative, but hey, it will serve you for future pets).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    You could try a non-crz server. Minfernals, for example, are up there almost 100% of the time. I bet that if I logged right now I would see at least a couple waiting to be catch. No doubt for this pet it's the same (with the incovenience of leveling a char to be wotlk operative, but hey, it will serve you for future pets).
    There is no such thing as a "non-CRZ" server. All servers are tied to CRZ. However, be that as it may, regardless I will state again that Minfernal spawns multiples and is localized. This pet spawns singularly and covers an entire continent. It's essentially a needle in a haystack, which is not easier in the least.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Really? A time sink takes time?