Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Nitro Boost + Goblin Glider = Broke?

I don't recall seeing this in the patch notes, but Goblin Glider and Nitro Boost can no longer be used together. Or at least I can't use them. A friend also said Boost + Parachute was broken. Intended? Goof? What?

I run engineering on a few toons and it was mainly for that combo + glove tinker.

It wasn't OP in any way unless you call being able to run away OP, because it sure has got me out of some bad situations. But on the flip side of that, my mage who doesn't run engineering can accomplish the same thing with Blazing Speed and Slowfall.

What do you guys think?
    Hiddy play warrior. Hiddy go smash smash. RAWR!

If Im not mistaken goblin glider always gave you same speed boost as nitro boost so why would you even use them together? except for the visual fire effect in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it gives me a "Invalid target" error when I try to use them together.. No fun allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    If Im not mistaken goblin glider always gave you same speed boost as nitro boost so why would you even use them together? except for the visual fire effect in the air.
    It's not the speed boost for the glider that's my concern. It's hitting boost to get out of a shitty situation, jumping off a cliff (world pvp situation for example when someone decides 4v1 is fair) and then trying to pop my glider to get a safe landing only to leave a trail of fire all the way down to my death.

Deleted
    /cancleaura Nitro Boosts will solve your problem

Well, once nitro boosts run out you can hit the glider.

just learn to time your jump so that nitro bosts wear off BEFORE you hit the ground.

Or cancelaura like stated above.

Noticed it last night as well.
    Died twice before it hit me tho.

while I appreciate the tips, and even though I already made the cancelaura/boost macro, I don't see why I should have to, I'm basically asking for opinions on the change since I find the whole thing a little stupid. I've tweeted GC and Holinka seeking comment. Why holinka? Because I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this change had /something/ to do with PvP.

Pissed engineer is pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope this a bug :\ pointless change really if intentional.
    dragonmaw - EU

Rather than just throw icons on my bar, I made two macros:

1) /use 6 [uses belt slot]
    2) /cancelaura Nitro Boosts
    /use 15 [uses cloak slot]

Actually prefer this, since my tank/dps/pvp sets all have the enchants and moving those items around every time I swap gear was a pain. Now I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Rather than just throw icons on my bar, I made two macros:

1) /use 6 [uses belt slot]
    2) /cancelaura Nitro Boosts
    /use 15 [uses cloak slot]

Actually prefer this, since my tank/dps/pvp sets all have the enchants and moving those items around every time I swap gear was a pain. Now I don't have to.

I had always used /use belt slot and cloak slot macros. This change bugs the shit out of me. Yet to receive reply from either GC or Holinka.Gonna mosey on over to the official boards and see if anything has been posted about this and has received a CM reply.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not noticed this yet, I hardly ever use them together, i do tons of WPvP and use them quite a lot to avoid trouble and annoy people lol, But i hardly ever find myself in a situation when i need to use both, Plus,the speed boost of Nitro is such a short buff that you should still be able to hit glider before you splat, because if you're going to die you have to be falling from a decent height, But i imagine it's just one of those things, A lot of people complain about spells overwriting each other so it might just be unintentional

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I've not noticed this yet, I hardly ever use them together, i do tons of WPvP and use them quite a lot to avoid trouble and annoy people lol, But i hardly ever find myself in a situation when i need to use both, Plus,the speed boost of Nitro is such a short buff that you should still be able to hit glider before you splat, because if you're going to die you have to be falling from a decent height, But i imagine it's just one of those things, A lot of people complain about spells overwriting each other so it might just be unintentional
    When I'm outnumbered but still able to get a kill (or two) before needing to flee, I may need that glider to survive that measly 25 foot fall with the sliver of HP I have left.
    Last edited by Hiddi; 2013-05-23 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Typoz

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddi View Post
    When in outnumbered but still able to get a kill (or two) before needing to flee, I may need that glider to survive that measly 25 foot fall with the sliver of HP I have left.
    Ah yeh that's true, I suppose i don't realise how much fall damage can hurt, as a druid i have the glyph of grace, so it takes a huge fall to kill me

I hope it gets fixed. With some of those shado-pan dailies, I've had to nitro boost and then hit glider when I reach a clif to survive a group of adds

Deleted
    same problem applies to mages using Blazing Speed/Rocket Boost and Goblin Glider/Slow Fall, it looks like it is not possible anymore to use Movement Speed increases with falling changes

Deleted
    i dont really see an issue here. it only applies to engineers and why on earth wouldnt you have a /cancelaura macro for your parachute in the first place? add cancel for nitro boots and your set without adding another hotkey.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    i dont really see an issue here. it only applies to engineers and why on earth wouldnt you have a /cancelaura macro for your parachute in the first place? add cancel for nitro boots and your set without adding another hotkey.
    Point totally missed.

And I said I have cancel aura macros for my boosts, why the fuck should I need one for my glider? It's also broken in other ways. There's reports of it being unusable during any kind of damage bubble (ice barrier, pally shield/priest shield, pally bubble), and the glider being unturnable in BGs. And as Syntactic said it's ANY movement speed + slowfall apparently. Why should no one care if it's just engineers? Wow. Just...wow.

Tinkers are the point of engineering. It'd be like epic JC gems suddenly NOT working. Or BSing sockets suddenly not working.

Deleted
    fixxed with small patch?