Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    Yeah he does. Trashes your demon in a few hits too. It's not really hard using a far away demonic gateway+ lots of resummons. It's just a bit annoying imo. But it can be done with relative ease.
    Could be ilvl, but I managed to keep my voidlord alive spamming Health Funnel (soulburned if possible). Affliction, ~520ilvl, no T5, only dots and pet melee on boss.

There is a little RNG involved but it's very doable. Not the fastest way, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxx View Post
    Could be ilvl, but I managed to keep my voidlord alive spamming Health Funnel (soulburned if possible). Affliction, ~520ilvl, no T5, only dots and pet melee on boss.

There is a little RNG involved but it's very doable. Not the fastest way, though
    Did it as 499 destro. Tried the health funnel way but it took too long haha.

I figured putting up a max range gateway bought me enough time to resummon a perished voidlord. VL is killed, resummon or use the insta-ress and use the gateway. Rinse and repeat :-)

Think my VL died around 8 times before Patch was finally killed. So yeah it took some time and might be a gearlvl thingy, but with this tactic it should be no problem for even lower ilvls

Hi there all just started doing attempts on Alysrazor 10m normal (510ilvl) and having a lot of issues surviving tornado phase, I've watched multiple videos of affliction/destruction warlocks staying outside the boss area up near Rhyoliths area, or just outside of the entrance to Alysrazors room, I play any of the 3 specs, does anyone have recommendations for glyphs/talents etc? I'm juggling between soul leech/DB and all of the survivability talents and could use some insight, can usually get Alys to 35-40% before tornado phase. Any help would be appreciated!

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Withering View Post
    Hi there all just started doing attempts on Alysrazor 10m normal (510ilvl) and having a lot of issues surviving tornado phase, I've watched multiple videos of affliction/destruction warlocks staying outside the boss area up near Rhyoliths area, or just outside of the entrance to Alysrazors room, I play any of the 3 specs, does anyone have recommendations for glyphs/talents etc? I'm juggling between soul leech/DB and all of the survivability talents and could use some insight, can usually get Alys to 35-40% before tornado phase. Any help would be appreciated!
    Disregard, went affliction with some talents and got Alys down to 20% before tornado phase, easy peasy.
    No luck on mount

People who did Magmaw, any advice? Maybe something not so obvious that I should know about? I did it as destro, kited adds and has RoF on them to slowly kill them and insane ember generation, used T5 2 set and did ~30k hps but soul leech doesn't count as heals on recount so I was actually higher than that, but lack of heals still destroyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Anyways, Im trying to solo SSC and I can't get past Fathom-Lord Karathress.. I am in 487ish gear and pull decently high dps but he just 1-2 shots me and my pet.

Any advice on what to do against him? is destro better for him too?
    Last I heard there is a bug in the fight or at least something unintended. He has an ability that will deal damage to you based off of the amount of mana you have. Couple a large mana pool (300k) and high regen rates for dps, he can end up doing a lot of damage to you. I think you can decrease the damage by maintaining low mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    People who did Magmaw, any advice? Maybe something not so obvious that I should know about? I did it as destro, kited adds and has RoF on them to slowly kill them and insane ember generation, used T5 2 set and did ~30k hps but soul leech doesn't count as heals on recount so I was actually higher than that, but lack of heals still destroyed me.
    Destro/Soul Link. You don't need the T5 bonus, as the key of destro soloing is to keep a Soul Leech shield up on your voidlord so that he has his 3-stacked Void Shield on the whole time. Use Ember Tap a lot. One key thing is to remove Soul Link when your pet gets the Mangle debuff and to let him die. Summon him afterwards (with Flames of Xoroth, he'll respawn directly onto the boss), use Soul Shatter so that you don't get Mangle the next time (though you could want it on purpose to get extra dmg on the head).
    Works for 10m normal and heroic.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Am I necroing?

Anyways, Im trying to solo SSC and I can't get past Fathom-Lord Karathress.. I am in 487ish gear and pull decently high dps but he just 1-2 shots me and my pet.

Any advice on what to do against him? is destro better for him too?
    Is this still happening in 5.3?

I did this in 5.2 (roughly same ilvl) the following way: Spec Destro with Grim. Sac+Dark Bargain+Kiljaeden's Cunning. Drink a Jade Spirit potion before the pull, open with Chaos Bolt, throw everything you have at him. Cast while moving to avoid tornado. Pop Dark Bargain about 4 seconds after your Chaos Bolt hits.

If nothing has changed, and he's not dead before Dark Bargain expires, you will be.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I haven't heard that the change to him shouldn't have gone through. So he's most likely faceroll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Make sure you're using Twilight Ward on CD for the Soul Link damage.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalopeSpam View Post
    Last I heard there is a bug in the fight or at least something unintended. He has an ability that will deal damage to you based off of the amount of mana you have. Couple a large mana pool (300k) and high regen rates for dps, he can end up doing a lot of damage to you. I think you can decrease the damage by maintaining low mana.
    It isn't a bug, pre-5.3 cataclysmic bolt did damage equal to 50% of your MAX hp, and it always targets mana users (including all specs of paladins and hunters before they got switched to focus), so you either had to have insane self healing, not use mana as a resource, or burst the hell out of him. As far as I know with 5.3 they nerfed the damage of cataclysmic bolt now so it should be significantly easier.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Bloodlord Mandokir is now a total pushover in 5.3, just make sure to tank him yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Bloodlord Mandokir is now a total pushover in 5.3, just make sure to tank him yourself.
    Did they nerf him or something? Last I knew, tanking him yourself changed nothing, you still had exactly 19 seconds to kill him (212k dps).
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-05-25 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Did they nerf him or something? Last I knew, tanking him yourself changed nothing, you still had exactly 19 seconds to kill him (212k dps).
    He won't decapitate his current target now or something.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    It isn't a bug, pre-5.3 cataclysmic bolt did damage equal to 50% of your MAX hp, and it always targets mana users (including all specs of paladins and hunters before they got switched to focus), so you either had to have insane self healing, not use mana as a resource, or burst the hell out of him. As far as I know with 5.3 they nerfed the damage of cataclysmic bolt now so it should be significantly easier.
    In 5.2, it did much more than that -- around 800k, with my max. health ~500k. That was the bug.

Deleted
    Adding a new one, Al'Akir 25m.

The only difficulty is beating the 10min enrage. Getting a good P2-P3 transition (with an add alive to extend the Feedback debuff) is crucial.
    9:57 kill, 528ilvl.
    As I'm closing my Wow account, that makes it my last solo kill. Good luck to all the other locks soloing big stuff
    Can't wait for that Ragnaros 10hc vid.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-25 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    Did it as 499 destro. Tried the health funnel way but it took too long haha.

I figured putting up a max range gateway bought me enough time to resummon a perished voidlord. VL is killed, resummon or use the insta-ress and use the gateway. Rinse and repeat :-)

Think my VL died around 8 times before Patch was finally killed. So yeah it took some time and might be a gearlvl thingy, but with this tactic it should be no problem for even lower ilvls
    Just go Destro/SL/SL

With enough DPS you should be able to stay alive and keep the pet up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Adding a new one, Al'Akir 25m.

The only difficulty is beating the 10min enrage. Getting a good P2-P3 transition (with an add alive to extend the Feedback debuff) is crucial.
    9:57 kill, 528ilvl.
    As I'm closing my Wow account, that makes it my last solo kill. Good luck to all the other locks soloing big stuff
    Can't wait for that Ragnaros 10hc vid.
    Dammit i was planing to go there today :<

anyways its sad that you are quitting =(

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    In 5.2, it did much more than that -- around 800k, with my max. health ~500k. That was the bug.
    No, there was no bug. Karathress always got a stacking damage buff when you focused him before killing the adds. He could do ~200% more dmg at 3 stacks including cataclysmic bolts.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No, there was no bug. Karathress always got a stacking damage buff when you focused him before killing the adds. He could do ~200% more dmg at 3 stacks including cataclysmic bolts.
    200% more than "50% of my max. HP" is 150% of my max. HP, or 750k. Soul Leech and Twilight Ward mean a hit for 800k started out around a million. If my max health is 500k, that's 400% of normal damage, not 300%. Hence bugged. Also, Blizzard acknowledged that it was bugged during 5.1. So there's that.

Seriously, do you have a pathological need to argue things this petty? What is the problem?

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Confirmed. Just go GrimSac and burn him at a leisurely pace.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post

Ew, so much for all that work I did.