Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much notice for Beta?

I know beta can't get here soon enough, but... how much notice do you think Blizzard are going to give us when they launch beta? 1 Day? 1 Week? 1 Month? More?

I know a lot of hopeful posts over on the official forums have said they wish for beta to get here tomorrow. Would Blizzard ever do that?

I am thinking that a 1 week notice may happen, given how complete the game seems to be. Unfortunately, I think it is likely that they will be announcing a Beta date 2-4 Weeks in advance of it actually happening. I hope my speculation is wrong, what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    No way to tell really. Mists beta was pretty sudden iirc, so they might just give us like little to no warning at all and just send out a wave of invites and put up a blog that Beta has opened for some (lucky!) people. Things seem to have not progressed to anything beyond Blizz employees for now though, so I wouldn't literally expect it tomorrow. Soon™ though, cause summer is very near now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont actually care about the beta as much as I care about the mount from being in the beta or whatever. So I want it to start soon. Give me my promotional goods!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Could be anything. Could be "Hearthstone beta goes live in a month, we'll be sending invites in waves over the next few weeks" to "Congrats on signing up for Hearthstone beta, everyone who's done it just got an invite! Servers now live!"

No way of knowing.

The summer months are June, July and August so I guess it's not comming out this month :P
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-05-27 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    I dont actually care about the beta as much as I care about the mount from being in the beta or whatever. So I want it to start soon. Give me my promotional goods!
    This pisses me off. Thousands of people who don't even want to play the game, will get beta invites to only get the reward for the shop purchase, while those of us who actually want to test the beta will be shafted.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This pisses me off. Thousands of people who don't even want to play the game, will get beta invites to only get the reward for the shop purchase, while those of us who actually want to test the beta will be shafted.
    By the end of beta almost everyone gets in. I love it when people keep their 'no beta club' banners even after they got in.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    to be fair with betas, they could announce it and release it at the same time.

they have already asked people to fill out their beta profile so it wouldn't really be strange if they just did a live interview or post saying beta invites are starting to go out.

Has anyone checked to see if Hearthstone has beta forums yet? I really hope they start the beta soon.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

hopefully its soon, adding the stuff in 5.3 should be some indication that its not far off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod69 View Post
    hopefully its soon, adding the stuff in 5.3 should be some indication that its not far off.
    Well they just added a bunch of things that weren't in the game before, so it's likely that things will be in internal testing for a bit longer. But it is summer now, so can't be more then 2 months or so now before the first people get their hands on it at least.

Deleted
    I want in !! Looks so much fun and i love my card games. Give me beta Blizz !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well they'll get a wider audience from this I would imagine. People who otherwise wouldn't be interested are motivated to try it and it could give a sense of how much it draws a variety of people in beyond the mount/extra rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    You aren't guaranteed to get into the beta but yeah I agree with wanting the mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttoons View Post
    You aren't guaranteed to get into the beta but yeah I agree with wanting the mount
    Well, the mount is what actually makes me think that there will be open beta access for everyone at some point. Blizzard wouldn't hand out a cool, and inviting mount that's ideal to attract people to the game to just a limited amount of people with beta access. They'll want to make sure as many people as they can participate in the deal. The more people that buy a card pack in beta and check out the game, the more people will likely also try the game when it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, the mount is what actually makes me think that there will be open beta access for everyone at some point. Blizzard wouldn't hand out a cool, and inviting mount that's ideal to attract people to the game to just a limited amount of people with beta access. They'll want to make sure as many people as they can participate in the deal. The more people that buy a card pack in beta and check out the game, the more people will likely also try the game when it goes live.
    Is the buy-a-pack-during-beta-for-a-WoW-mount thing actually confirmed anywhere, or has that just become what the hivemind says it is?

Deleted
    I just ssigned up for beta, hoping there is a beta for my iPad as well.. There isnt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Is the buy-a-pack-during-beta-for-a-WoW-mount thing actually confirmed anywhere, or has that just become what the hivemind says it is?
    Hivemind, sort of. It's a fact there is going to be a promotion for the Hearthsteed, and it is a fact Blizzard have said through a blue post there will be a promotion during beta with something special for the participants. 1+1 = 2. Might not be true in the end, but it explains both facts with the information we have available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    It has not been confirmed that it is the mount, but it has been confirmed that there is a reward for anyone who does purchase a pack.
    At present the mount is a very reasonable assumption, given that it is called a Hearthsteed.