Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    It is in Asia, don't they get higher Ilvl gear from 25 mans?
    That's what I meant with higher item levels.
    Each add hits for around 35k unmitigated and Galleon himself hits for around 250k. SotR halves that damage. The 4p and those Avenger Shield procs should net you an almost 100% SotR uptime.
    With 2p prot you get a ~75% chance to reduce the damage further by 30%.
    High enough vengeance leads to an 300k, maybe even 400k Sacred Shield each 4.X seconds.

It could be possible but either my gear isn't good enough - especially the lacking 2p and 4p - or I'm just not good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is in Asia, don't they get higher Ilvl gear from 25 mans?
    yes but their bosses also are buffed if I'm not mistaken.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 02:08 AM ----------

Missed the video, wasn't up earlier. Will look at it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 06:41 AM ----------

Interesting...

He has 2 priests in his group; Isn't it possible to hide the buffs you get from others, to not have them display? If that IS the case, then isn't it possible that he was getting heals but managed the dps by himself?

This is speculation, I don't remember if you can have buffs from others not display or not.

those 2 people in his group are offline.

The obvious answer question here is "so what?".

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    That's what I meant with higher item levels.
    Each add hits for around 35k unmitigated and Galleon himself hits for around 250k. SotR halves that damage. The 4p and those Avenger Shield procs should net you an almost 100% SotR uptime.
    With 2p prot you get a ~75% chance to reduce the damage further by 30%.
    High enough vengeance leads to an 300k, maybe even 400k Sacred Shield each 4.X seconds.

It could be possible but either my gear isn't good enough - especially the lacking 2p and 4p - or I'm just not good enough.
    so you leave the adds alone, use your mitigation as much as possible. How frequently does Galleon hit?

I can see vengeance getting high enough to stay alive, now that I see the numbers some.

I didn't recognize some of the buffs the pally in the video had, particularly the one that looked like lightning shield. I would like to see his armory; stupid asian letters that I can't read. Maybe a trinket?

A heavy haste build with 4p and a higher Ilvl could probably get past that 10% where you wiped.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 07:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    yes but their bosses also are buffed if I'm not mistaken.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 02:08 AM ----------

those 2 people in his group are offline.
    I don't know if their world bosses are also buffed;

Hmm, they looked online to me, the video doesn't show very well to me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 07:22 AM ----------

Also, I'm assuming a couple of glyphs, but can't tell

alabaster shield and final wrath could add a good bit of DPS to his attempt.

Don't forget that galleon was free loot for sub-463 lv90 raid (I first killed him shortly after Mists launch, we had lots of sub-90, and it was still easy). The only challenge about him was that he had incredibly long respawn timer.

Now look at gear difference we have now - whole expansion worth of ilvls in just one tier. Come tier16, and we will see much more successful soloing attempts of current world bosses.

Sounds reasonable to me. Galleon is designed for people with like 100 less ilvl than what the Top geared players currently have equipped. And prot pally is so strong right now. I would be more suprised if you told me that a pally was NOT able to solo galleon.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Anyone else find it odd he has the gear possible to do that, and is a clicker?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post

nothing wrong with clicking!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Nothing wrong with clicking, man. Its underrated.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-05-24 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Surprised you haven't already done / tried to do this Mionelol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure some randoms would have influenced the fight. Having both factions on a server just stand there and watch would be impressive.

as a well geared pally tank, I can tell you that a prot paladin did not solo galleon on a live server. people are pulling these hoaxes on private servers all the time.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    nothing wrong with clicking!
    as a long time clicker and proponent of "its ok if you are comfortable with it" who transitioned to full keybinds and a nostromo keypad this expac I can tell you that my game play and reaction time has improved 100% and you are wrong that clicking is ok.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    as a well geared pally tank, I can tell you that a prot paladin did not solo galleon on a live server. people are pulling these hoaxes on private servers all the time.
    If you are "Injusticé" @ Grizzly Hills, no, you are not a well geared pally tank. For all we know this guy could be 30 ilvls above you.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The obvious answer question here is "so what?".
    A Paladin did something? Quick, to the forums to cry nerf!

If it was a DK, it wouldn't even be noteworthy. Everyone would be all "Oh Mione, u so silly."
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

For these kills... this vengeance... be in a raid, aggro trash mobs, let them beat on you, stack vengeance, raid takes mobs, go solo a boss. yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    You don't get anywhere near this kind of vengeance on any fight aside from dark animus heroic and maybe grand empress heroic, though.
    Especially not on a fight like Galleon.
    Actually, tanking only Galleon gives you about 200k vengeance, he melees like a truck.

Since the adds come out in steady waves, they simple slowly increase your vengeance level. Each pack of adds will add around 50k vengeance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    When a DK solos bosses it's awesome, when a paladin does it it's abuse. Logic, this has none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Surprised you haven't already done / tried to do this Mionelol.
    DKs don't scale as well with vengeance, but rather damage taken. Only thier damage, and one self-healing talent scales with vengeance. In Mionelol's example, that if the amount of self healing, y, is greater then incoming mitigated damage, x, that they will be able to solo bosses, well, whereas ALL other tank's self healing scales with X (total unmitigated damage done), DK's self healing scales with x (mitigated damage done), and mastery. IF they get something silly like 500% mastery, they could probably solo Galleon, but otherwise, DKs are designed so that thier y is never greater then current content x.

Paladins also have a sneaky trick/bug thats possible to be replicated by all tanks. If you take a hit, lets say 200k, and then pop a damage reduction ability RIGHT AS that hit lands, so that its still 200k instead of reduced, the game reads that 200k as being reduced by the damage reduction ability. Thus, for, say, the first 5 hits of Galleon, who melees for around 200k, the prot paladin could time SotR usage at just the right time so that the game reads that 200k as having been reduced by 60% (the current amount of mastery the average prot paladin is at). Essentially, they would be able to generate about 2.3x the amount of normal vengeance from Galleon, in exchange for not mitigating his melee hits. Since tanking Galleon after 20 seconds results in about 150k or so vengeance, using the bug to maximize the amount of vengeance from each hit would result in around 345k vengeance, more then enough to survive the first few waves of adds. By using this trick to establish high initial vengeance levels, you could easily coast along the entire fight with enough vengeance.

To make it simple, all tanks can trick the game into thinking that X (refering to mionelol's example) is more then what it should be through use of damage reduction cooldowns. Paladins just have the ability to trick the game like this once every ~5 seconds, rather then once every minute/3 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    That scum!

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Since tanking Galleon after 20 seconds results in about 150k or so vengeance, using the bug to maximize the amount of vengeance from each hit would result in around 345k vengeance, more then enough to survive the first few waves of adds.
    Try it yourself. I couldn't do it with my ilvl 539 prot Paladin and a Holy Paladin healing me.
    And I have stated the damage income I got from Galleon and the adds earlier as well. SoI and SS weren't nearly enough to keep me up. Granted, 2p and 4p might help a lot but at around 90% the boss and add damage were too much for me and a holy paladin to handle.