Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ahoo'ru (Brawler's Final Boss)

What am I doing so terribly wrong? I'm always entering final phase with about 50 seconds remaining, trying to rush in to the middle as a Warrior earlier would be a suicide. 50 seconds isn't enough for me to burst 10 million HP, because part of the time you're stunned and part of the time you're running out of range (moving out of ring).

Rank 10 Brawlers, please share your wisdom. This is my latest wipe recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuhgPQk9lk

How about you try and execute phase 1 perfectly? And how about heroic leaping out of a Divine Circle. And quit back peddling.

Deleted
    From my ranged PoV (ele shaman) i reached ph2 with roughly 1 minute, you need to spot fast angels and get on them asap, as an eengi i usually use nitro boots /glider to get faster while popping def CD for random dmg from the sparks.
    The angel charges as soon as he is at 50% HP, so try to get there asap, after that you have 4 seconds to position yourself to get the charge hitting the boss, in final fase i believe you can leap outside of the rings (NOT sure tho) and the interrupt is pretty easy and self-explanatory.

GL with that, i had roughly 15s to spare b4 the rain of fire was coming, but i also had BL as ele shaman

Kinda off topic, but I wish I could get more than one queue per day. The daily priority queue is kind of silly; do one then get stuck at 10+ in the queue for eternity.

Are you doing this really late/early or are you lucky enough to not be CRZ'd with 5 different realms?

Deleted
    On my server (well of eternity - EU) horde side we're low populated, queues are around 4-5 ppl during the afternoon, the time i usually get my 5mins CDs up

I am on a low/medium pop server (Neptulon EU) but that doesn't matter much since loads of ppl from other servers show up and bloat up the queues. When brawler's guild was first released CRZ worked ok since it was hard to get the invites. So it was a slow and steady stream of new ppl showing up, and when more ppl got their invites the ones who were there first were already done with all bosses.

Now on the other hand everyone and his grandma are doing it. So IMO it's about time they turn off CRZ for the brawling.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    How about you try and execute phase 1 perfectly? And how about heroic leaping out of a Divine Circle. And quit back peddling.
    Heroic leap doesn't work, I still suck the DoT. Back peddling is necessary momentary, and the whole point was for rank 10 brawlers to tell what I am doing wrong, none of your suggestions really save me time.

Don't attack him at the start, he heals during p1 and you're just wasting trinket procs.

Try to gather all 3 while not pushing any under 50% - bring them all low with cleave and nuke them all under 50, then have all 3 charge at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Don't attack him at the start, he heals during p1 and you're just wasting trinket procs.

Try to gather all 3 while not pushing any under 50% - bring them all low with cleave and nuke them all under 50, then have all 3 charge at once.
    Alright, will try!

Personally I just dpsed each angel while moving to a new spark. The one thing that sped up my first phase a lot was when I realised that you can also have the angels run through the boss. The charge doesn't have to land on top of him. This means that you can position an angel so that you can both direct its charge and head for a new spark at the same time.

This all left me with a lot of time to nuke him down in phase two.

It was already pointed out, but damaging him in the beginning is pointless. He heals up.

I just killed them one by one, not popping one until after the charge hit (although trying to get close) and then nuked him down with about 25 seconds spare. My only advice is to make p1 quick and clean then you'll have near a minute to do p2 (Melee - enha shaman)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Got it on my rogue yesterday!

One thing that gave me the little edge I needed to finish off the boss during p2 was gaming my trinket (since I have the valor one). If you unequip and re-equip when the person in front of you in line is finishing his fight, it'll reset the ICD (105 seconds for me, 75 seconds for you?); either way the goal is to get it to proc during the last minute of fight, when the boss is attackable, and not before! When it procs, pop your stuff and go nuts.

Another thing that is important has already been stated, but bears repeating: getting through p1 as fast as possible is important so that you have enough time to get through the boss's 10 million hp. It may take a few tries to get it without dying to orbs, but it's worth spawning ALL THREE angels ASAP and dpsing them all rather than finishing one and grabbing the next.
    Last edited by himitsurugi; 2013-05-24 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by himitsurugi View Post
    Another thing that is important has already been stated, but bears repeating: getting through p1 as fast as possible is important so that you have enough time to get through the boss's 10 million hp. It may take a few tries to get it without dying to orbs, but it's worth spawning ALL THREE angels ASAP and dpsing them all rather than finishing one and grabbing the next.
    Since there are three targets, did you do this fight as Combat to utilize BF or did you just power through with Mut/rupt multi-dotting?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I just killed them one by one, not popping one until after the charge hit (although trying to get close) and then nuked him down with about 25 seconds spare. My only advice is to make p1 quick and clean then you'll have near a minute to do p2 (Melee - enha shaman)
    You can't really compare yourself to classes that don't rely on burst cd's for dps, as a feral druid i had to maximize p1 a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Since there are three targets, did you do this fight as Combat to utilize BF or did you just power through with Mut/rupt multi-dotting?
    Did it as Mut. Rupture multidotting worked wonders, since I could let the DoTs finish one add off while I worked on the next. They all went down in roughly a 15 second span, once I spawned them all, with no need for cds! (Plus when the last add dies, you get the venomous vim energy refund AND can redirect full cps to Ahoo'ru.) Leeching poison, btw, is pretty solid here.

Deleted
    Anyone with gear close to you can just take it nice and slowely, aslong as you're alive when p2 starts it's a 100% kill. Phase 2 litterly lasts ~30 seconds with the amount of burst most people have on higher ilvls. Don't think the floor started burning for me (elemental shaman though)

Kinda off topic, but I wish I could get more than one queue per day. The daily priority queue is kind of silly; do one then get stuck at 10+ in the queue for eternity.

Are you doing this really late/early or are you lucky enough to not be CRZ'd with 5 different realms?
    I practice on the PTR while waiting for my Q to pop (takes 20 mins b/w each attempt)

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    What am I doing so terribly wrong? I'm always entering final phase with about 50 seconds remaining, trying to rush in to the middle as a Warrior earlier would be a suicide. 50 seconds isn't enough for me to burst 10 million HP, because part of the time you're stunned and part of the time you're running out of range (moving out of ring).

Rank 10 Brawlers, please share your wisdom. This is my latest wipe recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuhgPQk9lk
    I just barely managed this boss today @ 519 ilvl dps gear with legendary meta. Had a 1% wipe with the boss at around 31 000hp before my kill and on my kill I died at the same time the boss did. Went into P2 with almost exactly 1 minute until enrage (didnt pull multiple adds just took them 1 by one)

I'm a deathknight though.

Deleted
    I loved this boss, which was the only one of the whole Brawler's guild requiring a real tactic, and I spent several attempts trying to figure it. As other have said, the DPS check on p2 is really made easier by optimizing p1's guardians spawns.

This is the thing that completely destroy all the fun from the Brawlers thing. Queing 30+ (literally) minutes to die in a few secs (or worse, from bugs) is completely annoying. They have to rethink the whole queue/spectate system. Try to find some really low populated battlegroup and befriend some guy on it, so he will invite you though - only way I could even think about doing those new bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    Try to find some really low populated battlegroup and befriend some guy on it, so he will invite you though - only way I could even think about doing those new bosses.
    Wont work. I'm on a low pop server and when I go to brawler's guild I'm just CRZed to a 20+ line since 5.3. I never see more than 1-2 others from my realm there but that doesn't matter.