Thread: Ji-Kun flying

Deleted

Ji-Kun flying

Tommorow I will be flying as a tank in JI-Kun heroic.
    I never flyed before and I have no idea how to do it, so there is a few questions I have.

1. The nests, is it possible to predict where the nest is coming?
    I know that DBM says, lower, higher or whatever which tells you that the nest is up or down.
    But is there any way to be ready to jump down or fly up or so?

2. When I am at the first nest, i tank the guardian etc, and then I take a feather, and what do I do with that?
    Fly up and get back to tanking and then what? Save it until its a upper nest?

Thanks!

Id appreciate any other tips!

Deleted
    1. Nest are always the same rotation, many strategy guides can tell you where and when. Also they are slightly surrounded by a red glowing pillar.

2. Save 1 feather for each platform you tank. Once you are good you can time these to catch the feed but this isn't important to you.

Deleted
    Dunno about DBM but Big Wigs does have pretty accurate nest timers.

I tanked this fight in HC and it's really no big deal, so don't worry too much. Just make sure tank the nest Guardians with their back to your nest DPSers and be prepared to get hit by a shitton from Ji-Kun (if you aren't an avoidance tank his infected talons debuff can stack up pretty high and hurt a LOT).

Anyhow, back on topic...

You grab a feather by simply walking over it. You use it by clicking your extra action button.

Also, if you're also the raid leader or have one that's open to ideas, the Nest Announcer addon on Curse can be helpful so people don't mess up their nest/feed rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may not be as relevant on hc, but on normal i've been doing the flying on that one since we started.

The first nest(normal) is the first one to the right of where you fly into the platform. It then rotates clockwise 'round the platform 3(?) times, until you get the bar for the first upper nest. After the last lower one, i fly up to the platform, and keep going 180 to the opposite side of the platform, where you started. The next nest is upper, and again you move round the next 2-3 upper nests clockwise, and the last one is upper, right in the middle of the main area. After this the cycle repeats.

As i said, this is the order for normal, not hc, i'm not up-to-date on how the fight differs, but overall you'll see that it's a relatively simple, easy-to-remember order, you get used to it in a couple of attempts.

One thing to note is as each nest becomes active, a red beam like the world markers highlights the active nest, so even if you don't know where you're going, if you have a look about, you can find it.

In terms of using the flying ability, it's as simple as walking over the feathers on the floor of LOWER nests, dropped by the adds, to gain a buff. You can activate the flying buff with your ExtraActionButton1. The flying buff itself is short 10-15seconds, has 4 charges per feather. Feathers can only be picked up once per minute (about once every 2nd platform) so you have to be careful not to use all the charges before you have an opportunity to get more.

Usually using feathers efficiently isn't too bad either if you stick to jumping down, and flying up, you'll have plenty of charges.
    Last edited by Kaga; 2013-05-25 at 12:40 PM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Your questions have been answered.

However i'm kind of surprised how you never took the time to watch a video, especially when you're going into heroics.
    Take some time to watch a video, or google tips for your class on that specific boss. It will help you AND your RL.
    Besides, must be getting annoying for your RL to have to explain everything in a fight to the group. Rather than people spending 10 minutes to aid their progression.

In my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Your questions have been answered.

However i'm kind of surprised how you never took the time to watch a video, especially when you're going into heroics.
    Take some time to watch a video, or google tips for your class on that specific boss. It will help you AND your RL.
    Besides, must be getting annoying for your RL to have to explain everything in a fight to the group. Rather than people spending 10 minutes to aid their progression.

In my opinion.
    I have watched a video I just wanted to confirm if I was correct or not.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 07:10 PM ----------

How many stacks of talon rake should a tank take?

I am dying wehen i take my 3rd