Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solution for low populated realms

Hey everyone, a lot of players suffer and started to play WoW less and less because of their low/dead servers which makes the gameplay way worse because this game is an MMORPG.

Blizzard offered some free migrations for some certain dead realms but I'm afraid such solution is not enough...so here is what I think should be done:

Lower the quantity of the servers and get them merged with others for example, if WoW has 50 servers make it only 25 or 20 servers and give the players free renaming their characters if their name already taken.

By making the game has less servers that means more players playing this game and no realm will be dead or at least lowered the numbers of low/dead realms.

What do you think everyone?

Discuss please and thanks for reading

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been tons of these threads already, and solution at the end of to merge them.
    but we are here on a fansite, and blizzard will NOT merge them.
    For some reason they just don't want to merge the servers, i assume it's the $$.

But if they merge like the 250 servers in like 100 servers, WoW will be really busy again, on all servers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Been suggested before many times, so hardly a new or novel idea.
    It is the community which tends to start that ball rolling in the first place, so merging or transfers will not solve what is ultimately a player problem.
    Nothing will.

There is nothing to stop it happening again.

For the love of the holy light coming from my pants I so hope they merge servers!!! There seems to be an abnormally high amount of dead/dying servers, but they will not do anything bc for right now they are making money off the victims of this travesty via xfers. So yes they should merge them in order to experience the MMO part of MMORPG, but they would rather have people pay more for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think one of the main reasons we have more low populated server recently not just because the game is old but also I think the faction change service played a major role in making realms more unbalanced. Example, I remember in my old server before the faction change service came on it was balanced between the Alliance and the Horde...however as soon as the faction change came almost 80% of the players there went horde and made the alliance almost dead in that realm. Same goes for many realms which suffered because of the faction change service.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately seen as though they got £60 from me in Server Transfers over the last month I doubt it. Moved my Hordies from Zenedar EU and Shadowsong EU to Tarren Mill EU. Half tempted to move my Alliance to somewhere more populated, either Ravencrest, Outland, Sylvanas, Grim Batol, Auchindon or Silvermoon, as Shadowsong EU on Alliance can be too quiet at times for my liking and its not even terrible Alliance side. Would love to see some Server Merges still, as its probably the only solution currently.

They won't merge due to names (lol) and the media (WoW is dying pops up way too often as it is).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Blizzard's answer to server merging is to let the players pay for it one toon at a time.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Well yeah, that's the obvious solution and Blizzard knows very well they should do that, the problem is they rather have players paying fortunes to transfer all their characters or just quit the game, otherwise they would have done it already a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way they need to do something about low pop servers.

Its kinda bad when the top guild on the server has trouble raiding because the server is so small. And hell we cant recruit anyone because people do have thier ties to other guilds that dont raid.

Unfortunately in our case 2 people just quit last week and a third just transferred because the realm is dead. On top of that haf the guild is also wanting to quit due to our realm being so small.

It would at least be nice for Blizzard communicating with us about some ideas that they have to fix the issue, but for now this CRZ bullshit just isnt cuttin it. It's actually making things worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    They won't merge due to names (lol) and the media (WoW is dying pops up way too often as it is).
    And money from transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    There has been tons of these threads already, and solution at the end of to merge them.
    but we are here on a fansite, and blizzard will NOT merge them.
    For some reason they just don't want to merge the servers, i assume it's the $$.

But if they merge like the 250 servers in like 100 servers, WoW will be really busy again, on all servers!
    i think itts more to do wiht people being forced to change their toons name and not wanting to do that then the monney

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i think itts more to do wiht people being forced to change their toons name and not wanting to do that then the monney
    Who really cares, Rather have busy server with a new name or dead server just to keep your name? >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    I think you are bamboozled.

If it wasn't about the money it would be free with a cooldown & some restrictions.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be nice for free xfers with a 90 day cd. If you dont like the server you go to then you can pay the 25 bucks to transfer again and the cd would be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Might be nice for free xfers with a 90 day cd. If you dont like the server you go to then you can pay the 25 bucks to transfer again and the cd would be reset.
    Paying blizzard will only contribute to the demise of lower pop realms and no one should be forced to pay them in order to enjoy the MMO part of the game. Also allowing free xfers will only contribute to the demise of dead realms, its best to shut them down and merge them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true that there have been a lot of threads about merging realms in the last month or so. Anything is possible I suppose about Blizzard merging realms but they really don't seem inclined to do it and it's about more than just the money they gain from transfers.

If you've followed the CRZ debates since 4.3 it's clear that there are a significant number of players who prefer playing on low population servers. So there's that. And quite a few players who really are attached to their character names. There are other reasons as well why players aren't interested in necessarily being forced to migrate to some other server. Add to that a large group of people who don't care either way but would probably be unhappy to be suddenly told, "Oh, you're being moved to another realm."

Taken in totality and given an number of polls here on the subject over the last year or so it appears to be about 25-30% aren't interested in being moved. There's nothing even slightly like unanimity on the subject and there is a free but perhaps unattractive alternative if you just can't take it any longer: re-rolling. And of course the paid options.

At this point, all that's really missing is to add some cross-realm auction houses and guilds and they will have largely the same effect without forcing anyone to move. Myself, I'd really like to see Blizzard give every account a free realm transfer for one toon every six months and a package deal for alts to reduce the cost.

In any case there are lots of ways to address this without merging realms and forcing a pretty sizable group of people to move that don't want to. Like everything with Blizzard, it takes time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's true that there have been a lot of threads about merging realms in the last month or so. Anything is possible I suppose about Blizzard merging realms but they really don't seem inclined to do it and it's about more than just the money they gain from transfers.

If you've followed the CRZ debates since 4.3 it's clear that there are a significant number of players who prefer playing on low population servers. So there's that. And quite a few players who really are attached to their character names. There are other reasons as well why players aren't interested in necessarily being forced to migrate to some other server. Add to that a large group of people who don't care either way but would probably be unhappy to be suddenly told, "Oh, you're being moved to another realm."

Taken in totality and given an number of polls here on the subject over the last year or so it appears to be about 25-30% aren't interested in being moved. There's nothing even slightly like unanimity on the subject and there is a free but perhaps unattractive alternative if you just can't take it any longer: re-rolling. And of course the paid options.

At this point, all that's really missing is to add some cross-realm auction houses and guilds and they will have largely the same effect without forcing anyone to move. Myself, I'd really like to see Blizzard give every account a free realm transfer for one toon every six months and a package deal for alts to reduce the cost.

In any case there are lots of ways to address this without merging realms and forcing a pretty sizable group of people to move that don't want to. Like everything with Blizzard, it takes time.
    CRZ has just made lower pops worse. The people who farmed in peace no longer can, whether it be battle pets or profession mats. On my server you'll be lucky to find 10-15 stacks of ore on the AH which is usually extremely overpriced.

25-30% don't want to move? does that mean the other 70-75% do? I think majority wins in this case lol. It doesnt matter what Blizzard does, not everyone will be happy.

Cross realm AH would be a small start , but how would you recruit for cross realm guild? Blizzards terrible Guild recruitment forum? they just dont seem like they would work to me, but thats just my opinion like most of my reply lol)

and finally yeah time. How much more time do they need? This has been a problem for quite some time now. Hell my server only has one 10 man raiding guild, and we usually have to spend an hour trying to pug a couple spots. Then comes the fact that we have to carry these people because they have no raid gear at all since noone else raids. Which actually is now more because 2 people quit the game and a third xferred off the realm because our realm is so small and we cant recruit anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Blizzard's answer to server merging is to let the players pay for it one toon at a time.
    ^ This. I don't think blizzard gives a shit that 3/4 of their servers are dead. They milk people for server transfers until people stop paying for them; Which will be never.

When I moved servers I had to move 6 characters and faction change all of them. It cost me a decent chunk of money but who cares. The people who are complaining about it are the ones who don't have the money to move them. You would probably be surprised how many people use this feature because they don't care how much it costs. If someone wants their characters on a specific server/faction they will do it regardless of the cost.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2013-05-26 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    CRZ has just made lower pops worse. The people who farmed in peace no longer can, whether it be battle pets or profession mats. On my server you'll be lucky to find 10-15 stacks of ore on the AH which is usually extremely overpriced.

25-30% don't want to move? does that mean the other 70-75% do? I think majority wins in this case lol. It doesnt matter what Blizzard does, not everyone will be happy.
    I think the first part is way overblown. I've leveled an alt recently and profession mats (herbing) were as easy to come by as before. That's just one data point but it's true that the herbing/mining nodes were never set up with the expectation that one person could farm them endlessly.

As for majority wins? If Blizzard were allowing us to vote on it I suppose that might be true. So far this appears to be one of those things that we're not going to get to vote on. I'm just being a realist here.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with merging servers is that servers which appear empty now have inactive characters on them. That's fine until one of those moments when the extra players log on, for example when a new expansion is released. As a side issue, there is also the matter of where to put the inactive characters. Is Blizzard just going to randomly assign them? That's not apt to go over well.