Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I have to laugh at all the ones that keep saying there is a pvp solution...how can there be one...who is right mind on alliance side is going to go to that isle and face up to 40 plus horde that as soon as they attack the 1 person doing the griefing they will be killed on sight by rest of the horde.....I sure enough wouldn't pay real money to move over there and go merc on the horde player that is causing the problem, its not worth my time and grief I would get from rest of the horde on the realm....so really there is no other solution other then hope blizzard will put their foot down on horde player that is griefing his own faction...
    Last edited by MouseD; 2013-05-26 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    OP I'm not calling you a liar; but I seriously doubt that all 40 people have at any of these events made a ticket about this problem. GM rarely react to two or three tickets on one person, since it could easily be three people that just dislike this one person, and want them to be banned. Where as 40 people ticketing one person, is far more reliable and would require a useless GM to be ignored. Other then that, get someone to film when it happens, and then tell the GM that you have video evidence of what this person is doing, and how it is ruining 40 peoples fun.
    If all this doesn't work, then go higher up, get Blizzards attention that one of their GMs is useless and doesn't do his job. And no, this is more then sending an angry email, letter them, call them, travel to their office and knock on the frontdoor. Seriously we here in MMOC can't help you, and we sure aren't going to solve your problem or take action on this since it isn't our problem and haven't been there on any of the events

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that doesnt seem to be against the rules
    Yeah it is, it's griefing.

It doesn't help if it's a PvP realm when the offender is of your faction. If I were you though, do what some guildies of mine did once. Hop to your realm's IRC or realm forums, and hire (neutral AH, and some will do it for free) some allies to kill him. Over, and over, and over. =)

heh, well - its a real duct tape solution... but i'd say it's time to get some alliance involved. Get some alliance friends (or make some) that are pvp pros.. and make sure that this guy never forgets why he has an alliance sword stuck up his butt constantly.

Noticed the point that the alliance players will probably not be down for it since they themselves will get rolled. I don't know what to say then - how the heck does he even stay alive w/o heals pulling oony?
    Last edited by slime; 2013-05-26 at 03:45 PM.

You can be banned for doing this - one of my 'friends' (someone I used to do Openraid with) was banned for doing exactly this when Oondasta first became available. He wanted the server's first kill to be Horde so he logged an Alliance alt to camp and derail any Alliance groups that were forming. So grown up.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's being a dick for the purpose of being a dick.

Greifing world bosses have always been an offense, don't see how it's any different now.

Just pay some of the Alliance to kill him then? Seriously ...

Deleted
    The guy's a champ. Pissing off an entire server, I'm jealous.

Deleted
    why is this discussion still going? it's griefing, and it's against the ToS, it's either not being reported, or not being reported correctly. I think there's an element of exaggeration but w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Just pay some of the Alliance to kill him then? Seriously ...
    Who in their right mind on a PVP realm with very very few alliance players is going to go up against 40+ other horde and get roll stomped as soon as they hit the griefer.....that is the part many of those saying there is a pvp solution ....it won't work...as soon as a Ally player attempts to attack the horde griefer they will be attack by the other 40+ horde....

If you haven't already done so (I didn't go through the whole thread), I'd say just get everyone in your raid to report the guy to a GM. That might fall under the griefing category, but I'm not sure (since it's perfectly okay for a level 90 to camp a level 30 for hours and completely ruin the level 30's chance of doing anything if he wants without worrying about a ban).

If that doesn't work, I'd get a little gold pool going, talk to a few alliance players, and put a bounty on his ass. Assuming your server has a decent alliance population, of course. Surely there are a few PvP badasses who would be up to it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-05-26 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Who in their right mind on a PVP realm with very very few alliance players is going to go up against 40+ other horde and get roll stomped as soon as they hit the griefer.....that is the part many of those saying there is a pvp solution ....it won't work...as soon as a Ally player attempts to attack the horde griefer they will be attack by the other 40+ horde....
    It depends, you'd be surprised how an entire realm can let those allies live just to get this guy killed, especially if this guy is as notorious. That said, you're not going to tell me he sits on Oondasta island 24/7, and even if he is, that there's a raid there 24/7.

Deleted
    Justr pay that guy for letting you kill the boss if he is too powerful for your entire fraction to submit. If you cannot form a group capable of dealing with this pull dude in mind then that's sad and you should pay that guy. He seems to be superior with being alone and just ruin you all. 10000gold per kill every week. You can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    The guy's a champ. Pissing off an entire server, I'm jealous.
    Obviously your not familiar with Angwe. =3 http://home.gwu.edu/~cssmith/gaming/wow/angwe.html

I just wonder what the OP thinks any of us can do about it. Perhaps he's waiting for all of us to fly to Blizzard headquarters and ask them in person, or some ridiculous thing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    Obviously your not familiar with Angwe. =3 http://home.gwu.edu/~cssmith/gaming/wow/angwe.html
    I have read that twice, it's awesome.

simple solution available...

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    For everyone saying 'Pvp solution" Its not PvP. He is PULLING The BOSS and Killing The Raids. He is doing this to his OWN FACTION. We CANNOT Kill our own faction. The alliance population is dead on this server. There is NO PVP SOLUTION.[COLOR="red"]
    practically he is NOT killing anyone... the boss is.

and while there is no PVP solution there is a very simple solution to this problem...

just assemble the raid in a safe distance and wait until the raid is complete (noone can pull a boss to a distant camp without dying first and resetting the boss). then approach the boss with your full raid and have the tank pull. if this guy was first, just taunt the boss off of him... problem solved without any hassles...

so... why ban someone if there is a simple solution to the problem?
    dont even waste the time of a gm (or multiple gms) with problems you can easily solve by yourself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post

and while there is no PVP solution there is a very simple solution to this problem...

just assemble the raid in a safe distance and wait until the raid is complete (noone can pull a boss to a distant camp without dying first and resetting the boss). then approach the boss with your full raid and have the tank pull. if this guy was first, just taunt the boss off of him... problem solved without any hassles...

dont even waste the time of a gm (or multiple gms) with problems you can easily solve by yourself...
    Oondasta cannot be taunted.
    Besides, why should the OP "not waste the time of a gm with problems he can easily solve by yourself"? he has a problem just because, apparently, Blizzard can't put his stuff together to ban the griefer. Which deserves a heavy ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post

He can't be taunted. The problem is not the tanks getting aggro. The biggest problem is the fact the whole group will still be Grouped enough for a spitfire beam to one shot us before we can get into position.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Exactly. Its like walking into a hornets nest. Even if we tell the other players "Hey, this guy is going to kill the greifer" they will still attack. They will either not care he is helping, or wont have been bothered to read that he is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    OP I'm not calling you a liar; but I seriously doubt that all 40 people have at any of these events made a ticket about this problem. GM rarely react to two or three tickets on one person, since it could easily be three people that just dislike this one person, and want them to be banned. Where as 40 people ticketing one person, is far more reliable and would require a useless GM to be ignored. Other then that, get someone to film when it happens, and then tell the GM that you have video evidence of what this person is doing, and how it is ruining 40 peoples fun.
    If all this doesn't work, then go higher up, get Blizzards attention that one of their GMs is useless and doesn't do his job. And no, this is more then sending an angry email, letter them, call them, travel to their office and knock on the frontdoor. Seriously we here in MMOC can't help you, and we sure aren't going to solve your problem or take action on this since it isn't our problem and haven't been there on any of the events
    Like I said before, they try but usually can't. He is a druid. So he stays stealthed the entire time he is alive and Isn't pulling. Can't report someone without being able to right click their picture or name. GM's have been ignoring any manual tickets and just giving a copy/past answer detailing their new feature and how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    You should try again, but this time, be thorough with the details and don't come off sounding like a little baby. The more childish, irrational and stupid you make the report, the more likely it is to be ignored because NO ONE likes to deal with those types of people.

Every time I've put a ticket in, I've gotten to talk to a real person. The only time I've gotten the copy&paste response was at the end of the conversation, just like it's always been. I always make sure to be very detailed in the report and mature about how I write it and it has never failed to get me into a conversation with a GM who then solves my problem with very little to no delay.
    Good, you got lucky. I haven't. I have Always provided clear information. I provide the time, race, server, faction, name, guild, level, class, and the actions they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Oondasta cannot be taunted.
    Besides, why should the OP "not waste the time of a gm with problems he can easily solve by yourself"? he has a problem just because, apparently, Blizzard can't put his stuff together to ban the griefer. Which deserves a heavy ban.
    forgot about oondasta...
    but in that case you can still send an invisible rogue to pull the boss before the griefer can see him and react

in my opinion that person still deserves no ban... if blizzard allows this kind of stuff he should not be punished for it... even if he is an ass

however blizzard should prevent this kind of things from happening by designing stuff better... e.g. unkillable questgivers, invisible walls to prevent people from hiding an npc, worldbosses that do not one-shot the whole raid within the first seconds of the fight... etc... a lot of this things already have been implemented... e.g. the questgiver bubbles @ island of thunder, invisible wall in front of bmah trader, mobs that reset if they are pulled to far... etc

if you dont want people to grief... make it impossible...