Thread: Portal trolling

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Portal trolling

Seeing as we all love to troll our guildies come raid day and put up ports to theramore/exodor/stonard in our spare time(well at least i enjoy doing it xDD) ;
    I was talking to my friend and he said theres a cool port we can learn called old dalaran or something. Was wondering if anyone knew what this is and/or know how to get it. Thanks! And happy portal trolling >

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=82470

Directions are in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by azzastar View Post
    Seeing as we all love to troll our guildies come raid day and put up ports to theramore/exodor/stonard in our spare time(well at least i enjoy doing it xDD) ;
    I was talking to my friend and he said theres a cool port we can learn called old dalaran or something. Was wondering if anyone knew what this is and/or know how to get it. Thanks! And happy portal trolling >
    Ancient Portal: Dalaran; it takes you to the Dalaran Crater.

What you need to do is the Scarlet Halls dungeon (Normal works too), and defeat the last boss quickly. On the right shelf (turn right when you enter the room), there will be a book. Loot it and you will get the Teleport spell.

Upon learning the Teleport spell, go to the lady in Dalaran that teaches you Polymorph: Black Cat, and Dalaran Intellect (Now removed) and Dalaran Brilliance (still in game). She will have a tome for Ancient Portal: Dalaran.

"Lady in Dalaran": http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28715
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guildies refused to take my portals after a few weeks but there was always someone who forgot every couple of days

The best thing is the initial confusing. I managed to sell it as a bug before people learned the truth.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    My guildies refused to take my portals after a few weeks but there was always someone who forgot every couple of days
    The other mage in our raid blames me that no one takes portals anymore. So i need to catch some guys on nalak/oondasta. 57 Deaths until now.
    Last edited by mmoce8ebae9270; 2013-05-27 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    I'm having more fun with portal roulette to be honest. Put down Stonard first, since no one will take that, and add in Silvermoon, Undercity on top of it. Then start adding any portal you like.

Replace with Alliance flavour

People bitching because they got Stonard never gets old. I can imagine Theramore getting under their skin too. The plus side is that people love to gamble, and sometimes they are reinforced with a Shrine/Orgrimmar draw, so they keep on taking the portal roulette.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-05-27 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I'm having more fun with portal roulette to be honest. Put down Stonard first, since no one will take that, and add in Silvermoon, Undercity on top of it. Then start adding any portal you like.

Replace with Alliance flavour

People bitching because they got Stonard never gets old. I can imagine Theramore getting under their skin too. The plus side is that people love to gamble, and sometimes they are reinforced with a Shrine/Orgrimmar draw, so they keep on taking the portal roulette.
    The funny part about being mad about getting Stonard is that it's less than a 30 second flight away from Orgrimmar if you go through the Dark Portal and hit the port to Orgrimmar in HFP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fun part about Theramore is the free fall into the bomb crater, although at a greatly reduced height than the dalaran crater
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ancient Portal: Dalaran; it takes you to the Dalaran Crater.

What you need to do is the Scarlet Halls dungeon (Normal works too), and defeat the last boss quickly. On the right shelf (turn right when you enter the room), there will be a book. Loot it and you will get the Teleport spell.

Upon learning the Teleport spell, go to the lady in Dalaran that teaches you Polymorph: Black Cat, and Dalaran Intellect (Now removed) and Dalaran Brilliance (still in game). She will have a tome for Ancient Portal: Dalaran.

"Lady in Dalaran": http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28715
    Ah, yes! That crater would be so good! MUAHAHA i feel so evil lol xD ganna do this right now :P

Pff all you need is the portal roulette, just cast every portal you got on top of each other and watch for the mayhem that follows.

Deleted
    I like to put portals next to summon stones and watch my guildies grey out on my UI especially after telling them to click and help you summon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Pff all you need is the portal roulette, just cast every portal you got on top of each other and watch for the mayhem that follows.
    noone stays for portal roulette , ppl just heart away when you start with suspicious portals, old dalaran tho looks exactly like normal dalaran portal

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not do a rolutte, our mages used to do it back in vanila. Stand on top of eachanother, face towards same direction, and start making portals on top of eachanother.

God knows, which one will you click.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

From the day I got it to just this past week, I still get someone in our 10 man that forgets, and clicks the portal. I don't use it except at the end of the raid night, and I always come through after and Slow Fall down to rez them.

It still has not lost its comedic value.

The best way to do it is not to call attention to yourself, cast the portal off to the side while everyone is wrapping up, chatting about loot, and then take the portal. Once through, slow fall, and watch and wait as they go screaming past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    The funny part about being mad about getting Stonard is that it's less than a 30 second flight away from Orgrimmar if you go through the Dark Portal and hit the port to Orgrimmar in HFP.
    Exactly, but hardly anyone thinks that through

No one in my raid / guild clicks on my portals anymore since MoP. Everytime I try to cast one they just saying "fu** you" and use their hearthstones.
    Really don't know what happened

had fun with portals, once ,in raid, we were summoning one of our raiders and i put the portal on top of the summoning portal. one of my guildies took it, died ofc in old dalaran and the he told us '' i saw him casting the portal, but i dunno why i clicked it''

Placing own stormwind portals front of the real one in pandaland makes people go apeshit:PURTAL DUNT WURKZ FFS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=82470

Directions are in the comments.
    I've placed COUNTLESS of portals ontop of food tables, soul wells and buff tables in LFR and have killed at least 10 people by using that portal. I've also probably made a multitude of people lose a chance on loot because most of the times they take the portal RIGHT before the encounter starts.. hehehehEHEHEHEHEHREHRHEHRESHU

Also killed 2 of my friends by porting them to dalaran. Most of my friends were smart enough to use slow fall/goblin glider/levitate.

Tip: If you try to port your friend, place the port inside somewhere so they have to dismount, because if they take the portal while they're on a flying mount, they'll just spawn high up in the air on the flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The fun part about Theramore is the free fall into the bomb crater, although at a greatly reduced height than the dalaran crater
    I teleported myself to theramore as a mage at lvl 90 and it just put me in the tower.