Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ferals damage is pretty high, burst is pretty good, mobility and uptime are the best of anyone. Feral's seem like one of the strongest classes to me; I have yet to beat a feral team in 3s on any of my comps (thank god I dont face too many of them). Their damage, uptime, cc, defensive cds, and ungodly offhealing (makes rets look like nothing) makes them SEEM so good. Im honestly confused at why I dont see more ferals, they seem like top 3 best specs material to me.

It's probably the best class right now, I dont know what is happening with their damages

Probably too early to tell if it's OP though

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, their damage is really good. They're heals seem to be endless, also. "He's almost dead! jk 100% again".

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people forget that after the 5.1 Hunter nerfs, and before the 5.2 Warrior nerfs - Kittycleave was arguably the best comp of that patch (5.1) - it was a counter comp to Shatterplay / Shatreeplay (which was the most popular gladiator+ comp of the patch). Kitty's have been great all season, but the reason their representation might have slipped under the radar is because they are only great in 2's and 3's - while Tree's are great in all brackets, and Boomkins are mandatory in 10's, 5's, and decent in 3's (they're upgraded to good now, btw).

With the 10% physical damage buff (via Savage Roar), and the honestly overpowered redesign of Force of Nature (they nerfed Shadowdance->Cloak and Dagger.... and then gave a stronger version to Ferals in the same patch) - Ferals are probably the strongest melee spec now, if not the strongest spec overall.

With the return of Warriors in 5.3 (and a bleed buff, no less), expect to see Kittycleave on the rise.
    With the nerf to rogues in 5.3, expect to see Kitties replace Rogues in Thugcleave.
    Possibly expect to see Feral/Shadow/Rsham as the new RPS replacement, or Feral/Affliction/Rsham as the new RLS.
    Feral/Fmage/Disc could be a better version of RMP as well.

I might try to find a Feral to run Feral/Affliction/Rsham on my lock... now that I think about it - that sounds pretty awesome.

You could symbiosis Soul Swap - and then swap hyper-power Rip+Rake to a second target during all your Kitty cooldown, in addition to Affliction's already awesome pressure right now (Rejuvenation isn't a great trade to the lock, but could be worse). Or you could put it on the Shaman to get Feral Spirits, which would be pretty hilarious! The Shaman would get Prowl, which could be good for keeping them out of initial saps.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-29 at 11:56 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Ferals damage is in a good spot, but being a feral, they are only peelable by pretty much stuns and fear which makes their swifty macro (berserk + incarnation) pretty deadly if not dealt with. They were the same in 5.2, however since they are on the squishy end, most ferals had to gem ALL resilence to survive. However, since it is 65% baseline resilence, they are allowed to gem completely agility which boosts their damage along with the 10% damage buff they received. Thus, making their damage higher and a little bit difficult to deal with since they are immune to certain ccs.
    People just don't deal with ferals, rets and enhance much since they weren't as popular in 5.2. When a ton of these specs appear in 5.3, people just go OMG what I do my hp hit 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reckful rerolled feral so they must be op. He only plays fotm

ferals still fall over and get trained into the ground. As a feral the energy regen makes me wanna cry especially since i main a monk

It is hard to lock down a feral thats what it make them seem OP but they are squishy...

Ramp up time doesn't matter when they're unpeelable. Imagine if warriors back in 4.2 had all the damage they'd had but also were immune to roots and snares AND brought one of the most potent cc's in the game along with ridiculously over the top self-healing. That's where feral is right now.

It's also weird that when rogues are the over the top they start replacing warriors. But when rogues aren't as strong or weak they get replaced by ferals, not warriors.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-30 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ramp up time doesn't matter when they're unpeelable. Imagine if warriors back in 4.2 had all the damage they'd had but also were immune to roots and snares AND brought one of the most potent cc's in the game along with ridiculously over the top self-healing. That's where feral is right now.

It's also weird that when rogues are the over the top they start replacing warriors. But when rogues aren't as strong or weak they get replaced by ferals, not warriors.
    If Feral had to lose one thing I'd say remove Cyclone from Predatory Swiftness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The cd they tacked on to it is more than enough. They need to lose power shifting without penalties and/or their slow. They sure as hell don't need both. Actually power shifting needs a nerf one way or another but they should have NEVER gotten a slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    nah, cyclone is a big part of feral control and PS isn't that big a deal against any team with an offensive dispel, which is most teams.

feral needs to lose powershifting. resto and balance should keep it, but feral needs to lose it.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The cd they tacked on to it is more than enough. They need to lose power shifting without penalties and/or their slow. They sure as hell don't need both. Actually power shifting needs a nerf one way or another but they should have NEVER gotten a slow.
    Ah, I forgot about the cooldown for Feral Cyclone. Still seems strange being able to instant cyclone though without needing Nature's Swiftness.

As for the powershifting thing: either increase the mana cost of shapeshifts (probably won't happen), cause a small cd to re-activate a form you just left (would prevent powershifting into the same form, maybe 2 seconds) or, mostly for Feral, don't allow the energy bar to passively refill while in combat and outside Cat Form.

Deleted
    Well.. we will have to see whats going on with the damage buffs to ferals in 5.3.

According to statistics there is nothing spectacular going on right now with feral representation;

2v2 Feral Druid 2.1% above 2200 and a global of 2.4%

3v3 Feral Druid 1.5% above 2200 and a global of 2.4%

To be honest; those are pretty horrible numbers. That doesnt tell a tale of ferals being op just yet.

Lets see in a few weeks if these numbers sky rocket or whatever

the thing about feral is, they are weak. you always peel feral or they'll rape your whole team. easily dealt with if you're paying attention.. no problem here..

Not really, disregard the whiners, especially those that think infected wounds is somehow new for feral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I wouldn't say they come close to the current top tier classes.
    which means they are on the op side.
    + you know something is fotm if reckful picks it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Well.. we will have to see whats going on with the damage buffs to ferals in 5.3.

According to statistics there is nothing spectacular going on right now with feral representation;

2v2 Feral Druid 2.1% above 2200 and a global of 2.4%

3v3 Feral Druid 1.5% above 2200 and a global of 2.4%

To be honest; those are pretty horrible numbers. That doesnt tell a tale of ferals being op just yet.

Lets see in a few weeks if these numbers sky rocket or whatever
    Good and popular aren't always the same thing. People around here seemed a little shocked when I said Enhancement was really good on the 5.3 PTR - I don't think that would get the same reaction now: it's still not a Popular spec though by any means. We will very likely see Rank 1 Enhancement's this season though, and Rank 1 Ferals - and they may even be world first contenders in the right comps.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Reckful rerolled feral so they must be op. He only plays fotm
    What's his Feral's name out of curiosity?

In addition to damage ferals have a tremendous amount of CC which is why the damage buff was unnecessary IMO. Cycline? Hibernate? Mighty Bash? Malm? Root? Typhoon? It's enough if not too much already.

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    the thing about feral is, they are weak. you always peel feral or they'll rape your whole team. easily dealt with if you're paying attention.. no problem here..
    Exactly! That's my point. I don't understand your definition of "no problem" when they possess the capability of "raping your whole team".

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    ferals still fall over and get trained into the ground. As a feral the energy regen makes me wanna cry especially since i main a monk
    My interpretation of ferals is that what separates excpetional ferals apart is not their ability to play offensivly which everyone seems to do, but their ability to play defensively meaning that they antipicate the enemys action in order to preemitvly CC and kite.

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    It's probably the best class right now, I dont know what is happening with their damages

Probably too early to tell if it's OP though
    I actually think resto druids and elemental shamans are better.