Deleted
    Giana sisters: Twisted dreams is on sale on steam atm. A great platform puzzle game, so if you are bored I strongly recomend picking it up.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Has anyone played Dust: An Elysian Tail?

It's on sale on Steam, looks pretty interesting.
    I just bought it and downloading it right now. Can give you my first thoughts of it in 2-3 hours or so.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I just bought it and downloading it right now. Can give you my first thoughts of it in 2-3 hours or so.
    Please do as I have no doubt it's worth the money, but would like a current review from a direct source.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Please do as I have no doubt it's worth the money, but would like a current review from a direct source.
    Ok so This is just my opinion over the first 2-3 hours of the game.
    Imagine a 2D darksider, thats basically how the combat works. You have 3 different attacks: 1 melee attack with the sword (attack X), your companion can use a weak randged attack (attack B) and you also have a secondary attack (attack Y) that works differently depending on when you use it. For example if you make a combo attack with the (x) attack it's just a series of swings, however if you preform a secondary attack (Y) within the (X) combo you can either throw enemies up in the air (X,Y) or slam them into the ground (X,X,Y,Y). If you use (Y) alone without a combo you will start a tornado that will drag items towards you as well as greatly increase the power of your companions randged (B) attack. If you use the (Y) attack in the air you start flying towards close enemys and dealing dmg to them.
    You can also block and follow the block up with a counter attack, however it feels very clunkcy since there is no block animation so you don't really know if you are blocking or not.
    Those are the only combos/attacks I've yet to unlock though so you might learn more later on.

The thing that really annoys me is the constant voiceacted dialog pauses. At the start of the game you meet your 2 companions which is a tiny flying squirrel with the most annoying voice you can imagine and a sword. The first part of the game is basically a toturial lvl were your 2 companions tells you how the game works. You might think "well that doesn't really sound so bad" and well your wrong. While these companions is talking you can't keep playing and you are stuck in a dialog cutscene, much like the dialog cutscenes in GW2. During these "cutscenes" your companions doesn't even tell you anything important. What they say is basically "If you click the attack button once you do an attack and if you click it twice you do 2 attacks!" and I'm all like "WTF isn't that kinda obvious?" and these stupid dialogs keep poping up all the damn time. If this wasn't bad enough the bloody squirrel keep extending the dialogs by trying to be funny and you are just left thinking "Who the hell came up with this?". The first part of the game is basically 40% fighting and playin 60% lisstening to your bloody companions.

When you reach the first village you get your first quests. The quests is all between kinda interesting and oh god why? Theres 1 quests were you are asked to find a mysterious box which the owner lost somewere under the city. Then there's 1 quest were you have to find some stupid guy's laundry.

The combat is the most interesting part of this game. At the start you are only up against ground enemies but later on you encounter flying enemies and you have to fight them in the air. This is the best part of the game imo because the airial combat is great. You can stay in the air for a long time chaining different kinds of combos and flying around with your tornado power (Y). Sadly this is introduced fairly far into the game and theres not much of it.

You can lvl up in the game and like most games you get some sort of talent point. In dust you get a "skill gem" for each lvl which you can spend either in health, attack, defense or your companion. This is good because it allows different play styles for the player. For example if you spend it all on your companion you are gonna be focusing on randged combat but if you spend it on health and defense you can go alot more tanky. However if you play on normal like I did (don't play on normal) it gets very unbalanced. For example if I spend all my points in attack I oneshot everything, even the stronger stone giants. This causes all your different attacks and combos to be completely useless because you can just hack through a crowd of mobs in 1 hit using the regular (X) attack.

The lvl design is decent. It kinda reminds me of zelda in the way that you have to progress abit into the game and then return to the old areas in order to reach secrets you couln't reach earlier. The world is put together like this: You have an area and within this area there are a fairly large ammount of rooms. These rooms lead to different rooms which in turn lead to different rooms. However in the start the rooms are very linear in the way that there are not many secret areas in any of the rooms. you never get to a crossroad were you have to think "is this the right way or is this the right way? hmmmm." or "does this way lead to a bonus and this to the objective".

What I think of this game after about 3 hours of game play is: It's alright, it's not great but it's probably worth the 12 euro I payed for it and it could only get better at this point. Also I wouldn't call this a review, it's simply my opinion and you guys will probably have a different opinion than me. I just try to stay objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giana sisters: Twisted dreams is on sale on steam atm. A great platform puzzle game, so if you are bored I strongly recomend picking it up.
    This game looks sweet (looking for a platformer since I just finished They Bleed Pixels) but it doesn't seem to be on sale for me. Oh well...wishlisted.
    "Brevity is...wit"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    This game looks sweet (looking for a platformer since I just finished They Bleed Pixels) but it doesn't seem to be on sale for me. Oh well...wishlisted.
    Damn....I missed it too. This morning when I posted it was $3.75

Oh well...possibly a good sign it will be included in the summer sale.
    BAD WOLF

Heya,

I'm looking for a small and simple game, not too complicated, nothing to break my brains over (so that means no puzzler) for pc. Preferably it's colourful and happy.

I'm thinking along the lines of Zen Garden in Plants versus Zombies. Something like that would be perfect.

I do not suffer pay2win games, so no Zynga crap and Farmville and whatever.

I don't mind platform games, as long as they're retro style.

The game cannot be too demanding on hardware.

The game should not require excessive and reactive mouse usage (it's a touchpad mouse so). Normal point&click is okay, but any accuracy and/or speed required and it won't work for me (Zuma was really frustrating for example). If it's a platformer or the like, not using a mouse should not be crippling.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-25 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    @Cirque
    You could try out:
    Legend of grimrock. It's a old school dungeon crawler/rpg with a few (but easy) puzzles. You should be able to play it with that touchpad mouse of yours.
    Pid. A action platformer with some puzzle elements to it. Doesn't require a mouse
    Limbo. Another platformer with reeeeaaaalllly easy puzzles in it, so nothing you have to really consentrate on in order to figure out.
    Puddle. It's a puzzle, strategy, simulation. The goal is to lead a puddle of a fluent substance through a maze. I figured I'd mention this 1 even though you didn't want any puzzle games, because I really liked this one

Oh and giana sisters, I picked it up yesturday during the sale. It's like super mario with a great sound track ^^
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-05-25 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    Looking for an old game, it was on the ps2 i think on rpg about 2 brothers with wings
    1 was a slave and in one mission you had too catch a critter in the grass, you ended up befriending it but your master killed it and someone tore your wings off.
    The other brother was chased by the military or something

@Cirque
    You could try out:
    Legend of grimrock. It's a old school dungeon crawler/rpg with a few (but easy) puzzles. You should be able to play it with that touchpad mouse of yours.
    Pid. A action platformer with some puzzle elements to it. Doesn't require a mouse
    Limbo. Another platformer with reeeeaaaalllly easy puzzles in it, so nothing you have to really consentrate on in order to figure out.
    Puddle. It's a puzzle, strategy, simulation. The goal is to lead a puddle of a fluent substance through a maze. I figured I'd mention this 1 even though you didn't want any puzzle games, because I really liked this one

Oh and giana sisters, I picked it up yesturday during the sale. It's like super mario with a great sound track ^^
    Thanks, I'll definitely give them a whirl. I just need something simple to distract me, anything too complicated makes me restless and frustrated. I need books, really, but five more days until my new ones arrive. Awaiting test results is a highly stressful thing for me.

Are there any games like Spore? Or any games where you explore space and build empires and such.

Witcher 2 or Mass Effect 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Witcher 2 or Mass Effect 2?
    Both

yeah, just play both

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an epic shot in the dark but I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I'm looking for an old 16 or 32-bit game for Windows that I saw around 1996 or '97, but it could have been an import of an older DOS title. The game was a third person fantasy dungeon crawler and one of the enemies I remember distinctly was a purple cobra. Most of the levels were inside the dungeon but I think there were brief overworld moments on the outside of a castle or through a forest. I don't think the player was part of a party or team.

If anyone has the faintest clue what the fuck I'm talking about I'll be very grateful!
    Last edited by Talokami; 2013-05-30 at 07:35 PM.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

The only thing I can think of when you say Purple Cobra is but that's a big mix of indoor and outdoor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not it unfortunately. To be honest, I was watching a friend play it and was so distracted I'm amazed I remember anything. O.O
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

I'm looking for a risk type kind of pc game where you conquer countries while not being so complex. I've played civilization and crusader kings 2 which i liked, but were too complex. I rather just play something that i can just fully enjoy after getting off of work.

any suggestions?

edit: the game can be old or new, doesn't matter.

Hello, MMO-champion

I am currently trying to find a game i can spends hours grinding for items (preferably something that doesn't require you to get 30 items that are on 24hours cool down) to use for lets say crafting ect to earn better armor / weapons / spells.

Getting abit nostalgic for the old Final fantasy style grinds of find x purple leaf x red bolt x rare drop item type of games.

Can be pretty much any theme but has to be on the PC
    needs to be,

Grindy
    Decent combat
    Preferably decent graphics
    Some sort of RPG elements (don't mind it being an mmo if its decent)
    NOT Pay2win
    and not micro transaction heavy

Games i enjoyed that i guess have been pretty grindy at times being

WoW
    Disgaea
    Final fantasy
    TES:Morrowind (although not a big fan of the latest ones)
    Diablo 3 / Torchlight II (more about the constant grind for better items)

Any help is welcome thank you

Exo

Quote Originally Posted by Exodiea View Post
    Hello, MMO-champion

I am currently trying to find a game i can spends hours grinding for items (preferably something that doesn't require you to get 30 items that are on 24hours cool down) to use for lets say crafting ect to earn better armor / weapons / spells.

Getting abit nostalgic for the old Final fantasy style grinds of find x purple leaf x red bolt x rare drop item type of games.

Can be pretty much any theme but has to be on the PC
    needs to be,

Grindy
    Decent combat
    Preferably decent graphics
    Some sort of RPG elements (don't mind it being an mmo if its decent)
    NOT Pay2win
    and not micro transaction heavy

Games i enjoyed that i guess have been pretty grindy at times being

WoW
    Disgaea
    Final fantasy
    TES:Morrowind (although not a big fan of the latest ones)
    Diablo 3 / Torchlight II (more about the constant grind for better items)

Any help is welcome thank you

Exo
    Path of Exile for something like D3/TL2 that is longer and harder than either.
    Rift for something like WoW.
    If you want an action combat fantasy mmo, vindictus, tera, nwo, dragon prophet, gw2, ect.
    If you want a little more shootery mmo, firefall, defiance, and warframe.

Just some ideas.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Path of Exile for something like D3/TL2 that is longer and harder than either.
    Rift for something like WoW.
    If you want an action combat fantasy mmo, vindictus, tera, nwo, dragon prophet, gw2, ect.
    If you want a little more shootery mmo, firefall, defiance, and warframe.

Just some ideas.
    Thanks for the list, already played Rift didn't quite like it also played Tera and heard bad things about defiance might have a look at firefall abit more though and perhaps PoE. Just bought Kingdom of amular: Reckoning to play as that seemed to tick alot of boxes for me

If anyone wants to suggest anything else can either be on the Xbox 360 or PC wanting something grindy / looty / Crafting (more the retrieve x items from y mobs with rare item drops aswell ect rather than the wait 30 days for 1 item, game model like in wow).

Thanks again

Exo

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for another game and need a little help from my fellow champions.

I'm currently looking for a RTS game with a Game of Thrones type vibe. Something kind of like Stronghold but better. I enjoyed the first Stronghold because of the fun executions to people and the way you saw people actually farm and do work unlike most strategy games. I want things like you would see in game of thrones. A game set in that medieval universe game of thrones is in. I know there is a game of thrones game but that is not the strategy i am looking for. I just want a game placed in that universe like game of thrones is if possible. Something like Stronghold with a Game of Thrones Universe put in place. If the game also has a story mode than that is a huge plus. Any such game for what i want?