Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    The SS buff would still be a buff to those playing Festerblight properly, especially on short fights.
    They reverted the buff to Scourge Strike...

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    They reverted the buff to Scourge Strike...
    Hence the usage of the word "would".

Updated for 5.3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of a specific situation. I don't do normal raids, pretty much just LFR.

I have the 522 VP Trink (Exp + 8800 Str Proc) and just got 502 Fabled Feather (Hit + 11070 Str)

Is this pretty much the best combination of trinks for me to have? Granted, I'm having problems with Expertise now (too much) but with more gear that may change.

Also, is Festerblight pretty much considered a 'must have' for maximizing Unholy dps?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Sort of a specific situation. I don't do normal raids, pretty much just LFR.

I have the 522 VP Trink (Exp + 8800 Str Proc) and just got 502 Fabled Feather (Hit + 11070 Str)

Is this pretty much the best combination of trinks for me to have? Granted, I'm having problems with Expertise now (too much) but with more gear that may change.

Also, is Festerblight pretty much considered a 'must have' for maximizing Unholy dps?
    Depends on how "festery" you play it. You'll always get the most out of applying diseases at high AP and with damage buffs. It's simply a matter of degrees from there to what extent you play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Depends on how "festery" you play it. You'll always get the most out of applying diseases at high AP and with damage buffs. It's simply a matter of degrees from there to what extent you play it.
    While appreciated... That really doesn't answer either of my questions. I was wondering if there are better trinkets for what I have access to, and if using Festerblight is the best way to go assuming that I can pull it off, and it's a fight that works well with such.

I imagine fights that don't 'work well' with it... function the same rotation wise regardless.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    While appreciated... That really doesn't answer either of my questions. I was wondering if there are better trinkets for what I have access to, and if using Festerblight is the best way to go assuming that I can pull it off, and it's a fight that works well with such.

I imagine fights that don't 'work well' with it... function the same rotation wise regardless.
    Your specific question would have been answered if you had read the thread. I was addressing the level of play I thought you could perform at. I don't intent for that to be insulting, like any gameplay beyond the normal which requires change and additional knowledge, festerblight is going to be impacted by your ability to play it. And since your questions are so basic, and could be answered by reading the thread, they don't really need a detailed in depth answer. Hence,

TL;DR, Festerblight has levels of play. Performing at higher and higher levels will increase your damage, obviously.

Again, TL;DR fights you can't "festerblight" are magera/horridon, Jikun if you fly lots, council (although spreading disease on high AP will do more damage, bosses individually die too quick to really festerblight much).
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-05-25 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your specific question would have been answered if you had read the thread.
    I was hoping for a quick and simple answer from people who understood it much better than I did, than reading through 6 pages of posts that may or may not be relevant. But, I ended up having to do just that, and did get my answer to the first question.

TL;DR, Festerblight has levels of play. Performing at higher and higher levels will increase your damage, obviously.
    I think you misunderstand my question. I'm not asking 'how much' it makes a difference or... I honestly don't even know what you're answering. I was asking if stacking strength procs for rolling dots was the best method for unholy dps. Basica: "Is there a dps method for unholy not discussed here better than festerblight"

But, I imagine not.

Deleted
    I was asking if stacking strength procs for rolling dots was the best method for unholy dps. Basica: "Is there a dps method for unholy not discussed here better than festerblight"
    Neh, festerblight will give you the highest damage output on fights that support it. For any encounters where you're unsure as to whether or not you'll be able to keep those dots rolling for the duration (whether that be mechanics or just the way your raid does it) just go normal unholy while re-applying diseases with outbreak when feather is at max stacks.

Brief question on Diseases and Festerblight; Diseases snapshot, but is it just AP, or also your crit rating, or do they update their crit rating dynamically?
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

snapshot everything

Festering Strike, when cast, adds 6 seconds to existing diseases on the target and keeps their attack power, crit raiting, mastery raiting, and some buff values unlike normal refresh mechanics.
    from the first post.

They snapshot everything on you, crit, mastery, %damage buffs, %damage nerfs (never accidentally refresh during wind storm on iron qon), everything.

Edit: actually, I think there's one thing they don't snapshot now that I remember it, fully mutated on primordius. It snapshots the individual buffs, but not fully mutated (or the absense of it).
    Last edited by broodax; 2013-05-30 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    They snapshot everything on you, crit, mastery, %damage buffs, %damage nerfs (never accidentally refresh during wind storm on iron qon), everything.

Edit: actually, I think there's one thing they don't snapshot now that I remember it, fully mutated on primordius. It snapshots the individual buffs, but not fully mutated (or the absense of it).
    Expanding on this because it needs reiterated. Debuffs on yourself are also snapshot, for instance, having a +50% debuff would snapshot. However target debuffs are updated dynamically eg horridon's stacking damage taken increase.

I was mostly curious because I'm still desperately trying to find any trinket other then Relic of Xuen, I literally have been raiding 13 weeks of TOT, with 10 weeks of every strength-trinket boss on farm, with no luck. Not even talking just losing the roll - we've never seen one DROP. So I was curious about Gaze of the Twins, since as of that post; we were just finishing up with Iron Qon for the night.

Still need at least a trinket upgrade before FB becomes viable for me, as it is with identical gear and settings; simming Festerblight/Standard Unholy Vs. Frost is still about a 2k loss in DPS for me, and I figure that's probably more accurate then sims usually are, due to my lack of comfort with the spec. Oh well. :<
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Expanding on this because it needs reiterated. Debuffs on yourself are also snapshot, for instance, having a +50% debuff would snapshot. However target debuffs are updated dynamically eg horridon's stacking damage taken increase.
    Hmm I didn't think it worked that way, very nice to know I was wrong in this regard. No more worrying about reapplying strong diseases on dino than, just keep me rollin.

I recently re-rolled to my Death Knight a little over a month ago, and have just been playing standard Unholy. I am going to start attempting Festerblight this upcoming week. I have feather and the Horridon trinket. Currently only LFR version because heroic drops and coin rolls don't exist for me ... >.>
    Hopefully this will improve my DPS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zie View Post
    I recently re-rolled to my Death Knight a little over a month ago, and have just been playing standard Unholy. I am going to start attempting Festerblight this upcoming week. I have feather and the Horridon trinket. Currently only LFR version because heroic drops and coin rolls don't exist for me ... >.>
    Hopefully this will improve my DPS!
    Cool - would recommend swapping the horridon trinket for the shado pan assault rep one though - that should proc on the pull along with the feather, the fact they both line up at the start can be a big boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the best way to handle heroic Jinrok ad trinkets proccing on pull but not in pool.

What's the best way to handle heroic Jinrok ad trinkets proccing on pull but not in pool.
    /script LeaveParty(); and go cry in a corner.

On a serious note: It usually is beneficial to reapply diseases even if your Feather doesn't proc but you have like FC and/or potion and something up. I don't personally use DKDiseases/DKDoTs because I'm a hipster and want everything done with WA, but I'd assume they tell you whether you should reapply.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I have a basic question that I can't find a complete answer to: when you are doing the Festerblight rotation, when do you spend runes on Scourge Strike?