Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hate the taste of gasoline, but when I complained about it, the gas station clerk told me to stop drinking gasoline.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    But s/he's right.

At the start people were complaining they had nothing to do but kill mobs. That they refused to grind more gear by killing mobs to allow them to kill more mobs.

Essentially people bought the game likely not knowing about ARPG's, and if people think it's going to be anything more with an expansion they're likely to be wrong.
    Yeah, I saw this a lot. People whining about "omg no endgame!" or "omg nothing to do once you beat inferno!"...uh, Diablo 2 worked the EXACT SAME WAY, but you don't see anyone complaining about "omg nothing to do once you beat Hell Baal!".

People were expecting frequent content patches like WoW, but D3 is not an MMORPG. Just like D2, it's a regular RPG that just happens to have online multiplayer capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'd agree with you if this statement was released before - or when diablo 3 was released. A year later it does sound like he is talking to all the people who already bought it, so - I hear hindsight is 20/20.
    Yes, they should have done that way sooner, but anyways... its still something that any person should do before buying or playing something, doesn't matter if it is from blizzard or not, but people saying a company gives up because of such a statement is just... damn, thats stupid.

Ok, I don't see how you got that kind of message from those quotes you gave. Those seem to be some pretty reasonable statements, and at least doesn't at all communicate to me what you took from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Ok, I don't see how you got that kind of message from those quotes you gave. Those seem to be some pretty reasonable statements, and at least doesn't at all communicate to me what you took from it.
    when was the last time you read a game company tell their customers... "Hey you know that game that we're making? [in this case the expansion]. yeah I'd read reviews before that one comes out."

Shows a supreme lack of confidence, and doesn't augur well for the d3 expansion.

How would you feel if Conan cme out and said, "hey if u don't like tonight's show, change the channel." In a completely serious way. "And tomorrow night, check the TV guide to see if the guests are who you like. Otherwise, watch letterman."

You know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Or, like usual, you're reading too much into it.
    Probbly this. Blizzard should get a Nobel prize for what they put up with. I cant wait for the day they remove the fourms and just dont listen to any player
    feedback. They dont need trolls trying to shape the games they make. 1000's of other games people can try yet decide to spend half a day on a fourm whining about stupid shit. Plus they are wasting too much having mods etc when they could be doing other stuff.

If your burnt out on D3, like the guy says. Take a break. If you think taking a break is going to set you back, For real - get a life. Its a game.
    If you think you have to play every day since the game came out to be someone. Your playing for the wrong reasons and again - Coming from a guy that has a 398k dps barb with 6 billion Gold, I've taken 4 breaks before skiping out of full pacths sometimes and dont use the RHAM.

I am sure the new EXPAC will be epic. Like he says if your not sure its going to be your cup of tea. just wait intill it comes out. look it up online and see what people are saying about it. All tho 90% of reviwes cant be trusted at all. do what you want. good luck.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; 2013-06-01 at 07:54 PM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The game has free trails, and options like that ffs's

-> I even purchased the collectors edition (of course I'm an avid pet collector in wow anyway), and I don't even play D3 anymore because they made SO MANY bad decisions in my eye's... (just imo)

>> Go look at the Admin posts on Sim City Forums, come back and repost

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'd agree with you if this statement was released before - or when diablo 3 was released. A year later it does sound like he is talking to all the people who already bought it, so - I hear hindsight is 20/20.
    Bashiok posted this prior to the game's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    On a more serious note, I too worry that we won't be able to meet the expectations people have built up for themselves. Part of my job is managing people's expectations, so... eh... stop it. Stop thinking about how awesome this game could be. Just imagine it's a new M. Night Shyamalan movie. Sure Sixth Sense was amazing and Unbreakable had it's moments, but this right here is the sequel to The Village ... or The Happening ... or Signs ... or any of the movies besides the two I first mentioned. So just like, lower those expectations, but still definitely buy the game please, and everything will be just fine. K?
    I can't find the link to the original blue post, but pretty much every gaming news site reported on it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Bashiok posted this prior to the game's release.

I can't find the link to the original blue post, but pretty much every gaming news site reported on it.
    Dude he caught MAJOR shit for that post and was almost fired.

You dont post stuff like that. Ever.

Unbelievable to this day that he told Diablo fans to lower their expectations. Amazing. Then again, he was trying to warn us.

EDIT: Like I said before, pick anything you're excited about and imagine a PR person coming out and saying, "Yeah, don't get TOO excited." Red. Flag.
    Last edited by Alvarius; 2013-06-01 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarius View Post
    and was almost fired.
    Really? Where did you hear that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude he caught MAJOR shit for that post and was almost fired.

You dont post stuff like that. Ever.

Unbelievable to this day that he told Diablo fans to lower their expectations. Amazing. Then again, he was trying to warn us.

EDIT: Like I said before, pick anything you're excited about and imagine a PR person coming out and saying, "Yeah, don't get TOO excited." Red. Flag.
    Man you are blowing this way out of proportion. If anything he's right. You're reading WAY too much into it. A lot of gamers set this impossibly high standard for future releases that quickly gets shattered when released. Another issue is that gamers burn themselves out severely quickly and are quick to blame the game developers for their boredom. If he's willing to make a statement at the risk of his job, then there is some truth to what he's saying.

"Unbelievable to this day that he told Diablo fans to lower their expectations. Amazing." Someone tells you to tone down your hype so you aren't disappointed and you find that odd? Lol now that is unbelievable.

You know things are wrong with players when the developers are telling you to chill. Nothing wrong here at all. In the least bit.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2013-06-01 at 08:20 PM.

Eh, I tend to side with Bashiok. It wasn't that people were just excited for the game, people were equating it to the Second Coming of Christ. It was off the fucking wall.

Didn't quote anyone specific on this, just because it's directed at a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Man you are blowing this way out of proportion. If anything he's right. You're reading WAY too much into it. A lot of gamers set this impossibly high standard for future releases that quickly gets shattered when released. Another issue is that gamers burn themselves out severely quickly and are quick to blame the game developers for their boredom. If he's willing to make a statement at the risk of his job, then there is some truth to what he's saying.

"Unbelievable to this day that he told Diablo fans to lower their expectations. Amazing." Someone tells you to tone down your hype so you aren't disappointed and you find that odd? Lol now that is unbelievable.

You know things are wrong with players when the developers are telling you to chill. Nothing wrong here at all. In the least bit.
    This is so wrong.

Diablo didn't get bit by expectations that were too high.

Remember Half-Life 2? Expectations through the heavens. And yet everyone loved it when it came out, and they love it today. Why? Because valve released a good game. That's all people want. People want to blame "entitled gamers" when a game doesn't turn out well, but guess what? Not everyone is a troll. Not everyone is complaining just for fun. If they're complaining, there's something to complain about.

Gamers hype up every game. You don't see the backlash to every game like you saw for Diablo 3.

This is so wrong.

Diablo didn't get bit by expectations that were too high.

Remember Half-Life 2? Expectations through the heavens. And yet everyone loved it when it came out, and they love it today. Why? Because valve released a good game. That's all people want. People want to blame "entitled gamers" when a game doesn't turn out well, but guess what? Not everyone is a troll. Not everyone is complaining just for fun. If they're complaining, there's something to complain about.

Gamers hype up every game. You don't see the backlash to every game like you saw for Diablo 3.
    See my post above yours. The hype for Diablo 3 was fucking insane.

Did Blizzard release, in my opinion, an awesome game? No, it had flaws, and still does.

Did Blizzard release, in my opinion, an enjoyable game? Yes, for all its flaws, I still personally enjoyed it.

But then, I wasn't a hardcore Diablo 2 player (though I did play it in its heyday), and I had modest expectations of the game.

Deleted
    Omg, how did Blizzard know I don't like D3 ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    See my post above yours. The hype for Diablo 3 was fucking insane.

Did Blizzard release, in my opinion, an awesome game? No, it had flaws, and still does.

Did Blizzard release, in my opinion, an enjoyable game? Yes, for all its flaws, I still personally enjoyed it.

But then, I wasn't a hardcore Diablo 2 player (though I did play it in its heyday), and I had modest expectations of the game.
    Half-Life 2 dude.

And we still love Half-Life 2.

You CAN meet expectations. People expect Blizzard and Valve to be the same level of quality. They have the same expectations. Diablo III was sub-Blizzard quality, and the community called them out on it. What's wrong with that? They released a loot game with terrible boring loot. They deserve to be called out.

But anyway, that's not the point. The point is Bashiok was throwing up a red flag when he made that post about 'lower your expectations,' and this dude is throwing up a red flag for the expansion by telling us not to play and to 'read reviews' before we buy the expansion.

Seriously, if you dont think thats weird, i dont know what to tell you. Read reviews? Game companies run on hype, so you have to put it through the hype filter. If they tell you its amazing, then its great. If they tell you its great, then its good. If they tell you 'read reviews' first.... holy moly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand the point of this thread. Is that not what one should do if the game is no longer fun? And watching reviews and the like before buying if you are unsure? Is that not common sense? Is that the reason this thread exists?

Maybe they're just sick of all the WOW fanboi's flocking over to D3 and then bashing the game?

Personally I still enjoy the game. I haven't bought anything from the AH apart from gear to help my level to 60, using Gold earned ingame. As such, all my farming is still actually enjoyable because I get drops I can actually use.

Diablo 3 was never meant to be finished in a week/month. I pick it up and put it down for a few days at a time, and can't see what all the QQ is about... other than it was perhaps a bit short compared to D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I do not understand the point of this thread. Is that not what one should do if the game is no longer fun? And watching reviews and the like before buying if you are unsure? Is that not common sense? Is that the reason this thread exists?
    When was the last time a game company rep admitted the game isnt fun? That's insanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time a game company rep admitted the game isnt fun? That's insanity.
    That's not what he said. Read it again.