Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I recently had to step back from raiding. CRZ is why I quit entirely instead of just becoming a casual.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Meanwhile in the low pop, now there is even LESS, because beside the lack of gatherers to auction them, now there is too a lack OF NODES to be gathered, thanks to the unfair competition"

BTW Buu, I need to ask. Why is the competition "Unfair?" Last time I checked, CRZ was not anything that a player could use to "cheat" you. It simply gave players access to resources that not enough people on your server were willing or able to gather themselves. As I said, if even 30 players from your realm were gathering resources in the same zone on your server, there would be no CRZ for your server. In fact, a few of you might be harvesting resources from some other server where the players were too lazy to do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has many characters spread over many servers (and thus in different crz groups) I can say anyone who thinks it's a good change isn't in a grouping where you felt like a sardine stuffed into a tin upon visiting the faire today. My main realm, which has a healthy realm pop, is grouped with another realm, which also has a healthy realm pop. It was awful. People were cursing out others for doing the FA daily. I watched a darkmoon flower spawn and ten people swarmed it.

However, I hopped to my low pop realm, went to the dmf there, and yes there were people, but it was about the same as my main realm BEFORE crz hit the zone. I had been to the faire previously on the low pop realm, and there was no one there.

So obviously there are some imbalances in the way they determine CRZ, which despite what they claim, is only by battlegroup/server location. It has no actual relation to the actual realm populations. I find it discouraging that my main realm is grouped with another popular server, but many are not. I would love CRZ too if it worked like it did on my low pop realms.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    I recently had to step back from raiding. CRZ is why I quit entirely instead of just becoming a casual.
    Wow, you're really gonna hate MMO's of the future then, when the idea of "realm" is a thing of the past. In future MMO's, your "realm" will simply be a tag attached to you to distinguish you from another player with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    I see players on my servers asking for ridiculously large amounts of gold to buy vanity items such as mounts all the time. Why not offer them a bunch of gold to farm for you if you got the goods! Share the wealth, rich man LOL!
    I don't think you quite understand the problem. Gold is irrelevant. Why someone would agree to farm something for you, when he also must farm for himself? Why someone would agree to farm something for you for gold if he can't really use it to buy anything?

And how would I ask players to farm me Haunting Spirits?
    There is the same amount of access to nodes on a high population server as on a low population server, its just that players on low pop servers are sad because they were used to being handed them. Its equal opportunity - there is just as many nodes available no matter what server you're on
    How is it equal, if low pop server no longer has low pop advantages and same time has no high pop advantages - e.g., when you can buy resources from AH if you can't stand competition while farming resources (which shouldn't be a subject to competition anyway, this game aspect was flawed from very start, but CRZ made it 100 times worse). Thankfully MoP zones aren't CRZ'd, but you have to farm all goods by yourself. And getting any sub-MoP resource (especially ore in 60-85 zones - it is like doesn't exist at all) is like exercise in frustration.

And I don't care what blue post said, as I actually see that it doesn't really work like that in reality.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "As someone who has many characters spread over many servers (and thus in different crz groups) I can say anyone who thinks it's a good change isn't in a grouping where you felt like a sardine stuffed into a tin upon visiting the faire today. My main realm, which has a healthy realm pop, is grouped with another realm, which also has a healthy realm pop. It was awful. People were cursing out others for doing the FA daily. I watched a darkmoon flower spawn and ten people swarmed it.

However, I hopped to my low pop realm, went to the dmf there, and yes there were people, but it was about the same as my main realm BEFORE crz hit the zone. I had been to the faire previously on the low pop realm, and there was no one there.

So obviously there are some imbalances in the way they determine CRZ, which despite what they claim, is only by battlegroup/server location. It has no actual relation to the actual realm populations. I find it discouraging that my main realm is grouped with another popular server, but many are not. I would love CRZ too if it worked like it did on my low pop realms."

It sounds like it needs tweaking. They'll fix it. There needs to be more active realms with less player's per zone. Its just a variable that's off. Give them time and a chance to review the issue rather than damning the concept that allows it to occur.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    As someone who has many characters spread over many servers (and thus in different crz groups) I can say anyone who thinks it's a good change isn't in a grouping where you felt like a sardine stuffed into a tin upon visiting the faire today. My main realm, which has a healthy realm pop, is grouped with another realm, which also has a healthy realm pop. It was awful. People were cursing out others for doing the FA daily. I watched a darkmoon flower spawn and ten people swarmed it.

So obviously there are some imbalances in the way they determine CRZ, which despite what they claim, is only by battlegroup/server location. It has no actual relation to the actual realm populations. I find it discouraging that my main realm is grouped with another popular server, but many are not. I would love CRZ too if it worked like it did on my low pop realms.
    It sounds like it needs tweaking. They'll fix it. There needs to be more active realms with less player's per zone. Its just a variable that's off. Give them time and a chance to review the issue rather than damning the concept that allows it to occur.

Reality is though, that his definition of Good Time was only a "Good Time" for players on low pop servers. They should not have been "Good Times" except for the fact that the technology for CRZ was not available at that time.
    "Good Times" - times when our server was not low pop (wasn't high pop either). When AH was really functioning and people were actually active. You can't really make any serious amount of gold on low pop server.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-06-03 at 04:40 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I don't think you quite understand the problem. Gold is irrelevant. Why someone would agree to farm something for you, when he also must farm for himself? Why someone would agree to farm something for you for gold if he can't really use it to buy anything?

And how would I ask players to farm me Haunting Spirits?
    How would you ask? If you farm me Haunting Spirits, I'll pay you a ridiculously crazy amount of gold so you can buy your Ashes of Al'ar on the BMAH, or your Vial of the Sands, etc. There will always be player's who would rather be given gold to buy pure vanity items than go through the hard route of farming their own. Well, if they want the money, and would rather not farm their own, they can farm for you. You just may need to overpay them. Getting what you want doesn't always, nor should it come cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the aggravation over the bugs, but the fact that people are raging this much over the world feeling like a populated MMORPG is mind-boggling.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Good Times" - times when our server was not low pop (wasn't high pop either). When AH was really functioning and people were actually active. You can't really make any serious amount of gold on low pop server.
    You must be crazy to say that - you just said that there's no resources on your ah in your realm. Sounds to me like there's a huuuuuuuge business opportunity! Farm the matts, and you will make a killing. If there's no competition on the ah, and rich people are compaing about not being able to buy the things they want - ding dong!!!! You can charge ridiculous amounts of gold for everything you get. You may have to work hard, just like if you were on a high population server, but resources spawn 24 - 7. Player's are just getting lazy because they can't stand a little competition. You have tons of gold, you have an excuse. What's the excuse of all the others on your server??? Low pop does not equal no pop.

The reality is that players on low pop realms have been groomed to be lazy, and expect easy resources, and they're unable to adjust to competition. Player's on high pop realms don't care either way, because they are used to always having to compete. People just need to adjust to change and progress.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:55 PM ----------

Any players on Low Pop realms who are complaining that there's no Matts on their ah shouldn't be reading this - you're wasting a huge opportunity to make a killing during these "Good Times" which, due to CRZ, are never going away! Stop reading this and get out and farm those matts to sell on the AH. You may face tougher competition, and may not get your resources as fast as you might like, but you will get some, and what you get, you can sell for a ridiculously large amount of gold on the AH.

The advantage of high pop realms, outside of raiding? Lots of matts on the AH perhaps. Also, due to extremely tough competition, there are so many matts on the AH, that they are sold at a ridiculously low price. However, one can't forget that the items that you yourself sell give you a lot less gold per sale then you would get if you sold them on a low pop realm, so you also make gold to buy these cheaper mats much more slowly. Low population realms offer Quality sales/purchases where's high population servers offer High Quantity/Low Quality sales. Either way, unless you acquire money from sources other than the ah regularily, it evens out in the end.

How would you ask? If you farm me Haunting Spirits, I'll pay you a ridiculously crazy amount of gold so you can buy your Ashes of Al'ar on the BMAH, or your Vial of the Sands, etc.
    Let me explain you the situation. Haunting Spirits are getting from de'd T15 drops. Low pop realms means low raid participation. And even if someone would farm you Haunting Spirits neglecting his guild needs (as they can't be really farmed solo) - what would he use that "crazy amounts of gold" for? Why would he need anything from BMAH when he can buy it himself (as prices are usually lower and those rare Haunting Spirits don't worth the trouble of ignoring your guildmates)?

And it isn't like BMAH has exactly what he need as it's assortment is random and doesn't have much positions at 1 time. And Vial of the Sands is far more accessible than Haunting Spirit as you can just make alchemist alt or have alchemist friend and make it yourself, meanwhile Haunting Spirit is something you can't really produce no matter how much gold you have.

It's vicious circle, which you won't be able to understand unless you play on low pop realm (with all the CRZ "benefits").

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of organized raid opportunities, there is no real advantage or disadvantages to Low or High pop servers worth noting, and there should never really be. How to make low pop servers better for raiding, however, now that's a bigger problem. The answer to that is, if you're server does not offer sufficient raid opportunities to support your interests, you probably need to leave it. This is a problem with raiding in general, as too few players out of the total available actually raid, and therefore, the smaller the population of a server, the fewer the raiders.

So imagine, would you be crying if this was a new game that just came out and you saw a good amount of people ALL from your server at the fair? What's the difference if you see some people that are from other realms at the fair? We're all players on the same game, World of Warcraft. I think it's nice seeing other people again in areas once deserted.
    Last edited by bigmac; 2013-06-03 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwine View Post
    I find it too busy.. people lining up for the Bandaid quest.
    yep plush no more realm hopping with a grp to kill the dm rabbit for the pet over and over again ;(

Plus its a sucking move as they still havent pandaria/ah/guilds/etc-crz'ed...
    All or nothing I say!

I'd sure love CRZ to be added to Pandaria, too. It seems like every area is now under-populated there, except the thunder isle.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me explain you the situation. Haunting Spirits are getting from de'd T15 drops. Low pop realms means low raid participation. And even if someone would farm you Haunting Spirits neglecting his guild needs (as they can't be really farmed solo) - what would he use that "crazy amounts of gold" for? Why would he need anything from BMAH when he can buy it himself (as prices are usually lower and those rare Haunting Spirits don't worth the trouble of ignoring your guildmates)?

And it isn't like BMAH has exactly what he need as it's assortment is random and doesn't have much positions at 1 time. And Vial of the Sands is far more accessible than Haunting Spirit as you can just make alchemist alt or have alchemist friend and make it yourself, meanwhile Haunting Spirit is something you can't really produce no matter how much gold you have.

It's vicious circle, which you won't be able to understand unless you play on low pop realm (with all the CRZ "benefits").
    You see, as I said before, I am on a relatively low pop server, and I get that its extremely difficult to get Haunting Spirits. In a perfect world, these would be available from LFR gear, and maybe they eventually will be. However, there is a reason why they are not, and a reason why it doesn't bother me that much. You ready for this:

Haunting Spirits are used to make "Raid Gear"! If you are a raider, you can farm Haunting Spirits to make it, and if you are not a raider, then you don't need them. If you're goal is to make shitloads of money, then that is a foolhearty way to try to do it on a low pop realm. Just get off your ass and compete and farm the many resources nodes around to sell for ridiculous profit on the AH. You said it was extremely lacking. If you're goal is to raid more, you probably are on the wrong server, and CRZ will certainly not help that - its not designed to help raiders.

If you want to raid, then you are the one who needs to leave the server. You may not get any more access to nodes on a higher pop server due to CRZ, but you will find better raid opportunities. Once again, CRZ is not designed to help raiders. Its a tool to make life more pleasant for non-raiders on average, all across the board, regardless of population of your server.

You must be crazy to say that - you just said that there's no resources on your ah in your realm. Sounds to me like there's a huuuuuuuge business opportunity! Farm the matts, and you will make a killing. If there's no competition on the ah, and rich people are compaing about not being able to buy the things they want - ding dong!!!!
    I don't really think you understand the situation at all. Even if to assume that gold is "useful" on low pop realm, why would I go and farm mats to sell on top of the mats I already have to farm myself as there are barely any on AH? I already have too much things to farm than farm mats for "useful" gold which I already have enough to not worry about it for quite a time.

How would gold help me to buy things which are simply not there on low pop server? Even if I'd make even more gold - those things (like low level mats or same Haunting Spirits) wouldn't magically appear out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never implied that you could or wouldn't, or that you even should necessarily. I was just making a point. You said you "can't raid or do arena with them" and that is simply not true. You choose to play a different way, but you certainly could if you wanted to. Also they may not be "real people on your server", but they are still "real people", not illusions. In making statements like that, you're no better than someone who says "They're not a white person like me" or something of the nature. They are real people like you, and they have as much right to spend time on your server as you have to spend time on their server, now that the technology allows for this, like it or not.
    You actually CANT do arena with them. Arena are local-realm only, no cross-realm arenas. You are also unable to do non-LFR Throne of Thunder with them.

I do have to say that allowing ppl to GROUP cross realm was one of the biggest boons that blizzard has given to the game. However, Cross-realm ZONES, as in outdoor questing zones that are cross-realms, are highly detrimental to low-pop realms, RP realms, and low-lvl questers in PvP realms. Resource bots no longer affect one realm- they affect 10 realms. Griefers no longer affect one realm- they affect 10 realms.

Essentially, CRZ gives one thing- more people in the zone. This really only has 1 pro- spontaneous world PvP. However, this pro came at a significant cost- organized world PvP becomes impossible due to zoning. As I have stated in previous threads, my realm, before MoP, used to host large-scale world PvP events that were fun- generally around 4 or so full raid groups participated and just duked it out with various objectives (There was a "king of the hill" sorta match set-up once, using banners. The side that had the most banners on the hill after a certain amount of time won, was pretty fun). However, when CRZ came out, it KILLED this sorta PvP, quite literally- 4 full raid groups would fly into a zone, and all 4 would be shunted off into different CRZs.

So, yea. CRZ helped world PvP? No. CRZ helped A) Spontaneous world PvP, and B) griefers grief lower lvls easier- they can kill some lowbies, and its possible that when you arrive there on your main, you are in CRZ B while griefer is griefing in CRZ A! Spontaneous world PvP rarely gets larger then 10v10, or maybe 20v20.

CRZ put a dead stop to organized world PvP. period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Then go to a high pop server. Problem solved.
    Even on high pop servers, DMF is a relative ghost town, except for the first 12-ish hours of opening.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This may be a difficult concept for you to get your head around but most people don't know much about CRZ and care even less. They don't visit forums and generally are in the game to play and have some fun. They could not care less about 95% of the stuff that we argue about on forums. What happens here is irrelevant. Many of them have no idea whatsoever that a new patch will drop until they log in one night and see that it has. Some are very good players but "this" here and on the Blizzard forums is totally invisible to them.

It's something to remember. And those are the people that Blizzard care about the most. Guaranteed. They are the hardest to get to and when they leave they don't file long "I Quit" rants anywhere. Their opinion matters too.
    Right perhaps they don't know about CRZ and don't care, but when they are lagging out with overpopulated realms, zoning bugs, die to more stupid CRZ-based bugs, and are unable to complete simple quests, they leave the game, and don't post.

Sub numbers have gone down, the "people have spoken." I predict if they continue this trend of CRZ'ing more and more places, more and more sub numbers will go down.