Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people
    How about transferring to a high-pop sever then? You had the choice of choosing the amount of people you want to have around you all the time.
    Some people don't want a dead world, but a world with not so many other people. This is why many of them willingly play on low-pop servers.
    It's not your place to tell them that they are wrong etc.

CRZ makes this impossible, because it takes away this choice. Imo, it's definitely one of the worst things that happened to WoW in the past few years, and the reason why I almost exclusively stay in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    news flash, it's not your island. and thank god for crz, the place was empty last month most of the time... really didn't fit the faire theme it has it's supposed to be packed with ppl.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the point of playing an MMO then? Play Skyrim or something if you want an empty world.
    I'm perfectly fine with playing an MMO. What I'm not cool with is a world populated by transient ghosts who I can't trade with, join a guild with, or even count on ever seeing again.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

You're making generalizations without contributing anything to the discussion, let alone anything resembling a compelling argument. Everything that has come about in CRZ is the same as being on a high population realm. I'm sorry that you don't like interacting with people, but I would much prefer to have my world full of other people. Perhaps you haven't played many MMOs? Competition for resources, rare spawns, etc are normal. Also, condescending tones don't give you any more credibility, quite the contrary.

I think people just got spoiled by Cataclysm and forgot what the world in an MMO was like. So yeah, if you want an empty world, I'd recommend Skyrim instead of trying to make WoW dead for the rest of us. I actually enjoy interacting with people.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 12:21 AM ----------

I didn't realize you couldn't interact with people on other realms. I'm pretty sure you can. Not being able to trade with someone isn't not being able to interact with someone. You can speak to them, duel/pvp with them, emote to them, invite them to groups if they're the same faction, but right, that's not interacting at all.
    It's always the same stupid arguments, like the "special" people who think because you can queue for content, and even though other human beings are playing with you, queuable content makes WoW a "single player game". I bet it's the same kind of people making these arguments :x

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    2) The style of gameplay WoW represents makes having more people a bad thing, not a good thing, in zones. Until this is fixed first (and not as an afterthought), artificially pumping in people from other servers is a bad way to go.
    This is the biggest thing I agree with as a negative of CRZ. I like CRZ, but Blizzard needs to make the game about working together, rather then competing with each other. The new Barrens Commanders and the way they handle rares on Isle of Thunder are huge positive steps that they need to run with.

For example, instead of making the bunny a drop, making it a very low chance possible roll drop like LFR. Anyone on the island can join into the fight and the rabbit scales up just like the other rares. Adding "Cross-Faction" grouping would be another great step, and finally they need to just remove the "tap" mechanic as we know it from most quest mobs. The first person to attack "taps" the loot, but if another attacks it they both get credit. I don't care if some loser will abuse the system by just running around another guy questing throwing up a dot or something before running off, it's still one more DOT I have helping me kill the mob then I had a few seconds ago. It's a win/win and stops the idea of us having to fight each other for anything in the game.

But this would only happen if Blizzard was smart, which these days, they are not. They are obsessed with dragging out game content, and I am pretty sure GC is bitter over his design choices of Cataclysm 4.0 failing so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with playing an MMO. What I'm not cool with is a world populated by transient ghosts who I can't trade with, join a guild with, or even count on ever seeing again.
    For those who're genuinely of that opinion, an improved implementation of CRZ would be a perfectly legitimate solution. Those complaints are all based around restrictions to CRZ, not CRZ itself.

Something breaking down the barriers between servers nearly completely, but without having to do server merges & deal with the resultant QQ.

I like DMF being populated, it looks cool and seems more like a faire to me.

Bad luck for people hunting Darkmoon Rabbit but Blizzard are obviously happier for that pet to be rare instead of farmable on low-pop servers.

"Lol u angry cuz ther r ppl in mmo"

So all the players I saw everywhere on my high pop. server before CRZ didn't really exist. It's all my imagination!

So basically i should of been more serious about farming the Darkmoon Dominator.. Cause now its gonna suck to get and be so spread out..

yeah i never post, i just read... but if you are a developer reading this, i can't stress this enough: please remove cross realm feature. It is absolutely horrible.

The biggest problem I have at DMF isn't just dealing with my own realm's trolls - I can go back when they aren't mammoth mounting the shooting game or injured carnies, but now I am dealing with trolls from 10+ servers with their mammoth mounts that drives me crazy. I wish they would make a no-mount zone around the games and places like the injured carnies, similar to how they did that on initial questgivers at the start of Pandaria.

BOOO!! The price of the Darkmoon Rabbit is gonna go through the roof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    This is clearly a show of "power" from blizz. They're showing us they dont care what we think about CRZ and that they're going through with eventually making every zone everywhere cross realm.

CRZ is a nice idea, a nice thought, but does nothing positive for me. It used to be a real negative for me, but now I'm on a PVE server so it's just annoying instead of enraging. Because everywhere I got are people who need to kill the same mobs as me, but who can't join my guild or contribute to my server's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    This is clearly a show of "power" from blizz. They're showing us they dont care what we think about CRZ and that they're going through with eventually making every zone everywhere cross realm.
    believe it or not there are plenty of people who are quite happy and pleased with crz.
    shocking ! i know right !!

Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    I think the concern is a bit along the lines of that "fresh expansion" rush that makes most new zones unusable and unplayable - there's just too many people there. After a while, it calms down and eventually is fun to play in. Now, most zones are in the frenetic activity that otherwise would be quiet. Making, of course, places that weren't so competitive now infuriating to game within.

Ironically, this is causing more frustration than the feature was intended to alleviate. It is precisely this sort of player that is less encouraged by the "improved" version. It doesn't resolve server population issues (which is was stated to explicitly address) nor does it do anything positive for the affected persons other than give an impression of "more people" around. I could care less if there are more people around if it didn't negatively impact the experience for me - and it always does have that negative impact. It has zeroed out my interests in leveling alts of any variety.
    that is a valid argument.
    we both have different views regarding crz. i prefer playing an mmo where i feel the world around me is alive. i hate the emptiness. i am not an alt person but when crz was enabled i heard a lot of positive feedback from friends about how it feels like the old days and how it feels like any new mmo rpg. i went ahead and started an alt and fell in love with crz instantly.
    The whole point of playing an MMO is not being alone or having a zone all to yourself just because the realm you are on is no longer what it used to be.

Deleted
    CRZ.... the feature nobody asked for, everybody got, and nobody I know likes.

Really. that is what it is like for me. It's a bane.

Deleted
    CRZ is bullshit , why they dont make AH CRZ this is one good thing but CRZ at RARE are like TLPD , Aeonax DMF Chest is stupid idea.Srry for my english.

Deleted
    That pet is useless anyway, I don't understand how anyone would want it.

Well DMF arena sure is a blast (although like all unstructured PvP it's basically "bring a pocket healer or don't even bother"). Just wish I'd finished my 12 badges achievement already. They should at least make the fucking things stack...

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    Yeah, I really don't like crz. It has always been much more of an irritating inconvenience than anything else for me.
    I see a lot of people blaming CRZ for things that they don't like about the game itself. CRZ works perfectly. What people don't like is being around other people, which is due to the game mechanics WoW has always had.

Blizzard might actually do something more constructive with this feedback if you pointed out why other people being nearby is almost always a bad thing, which it shouldn't be in an MMO, instead of just hating on CRZ.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ilkatabn View Post
    CRZ is bullshit , why they dont make AH CRZ this is one good thing but CRZ at RARE are like TLPD , Aeonax DMF Chest is stupid idea.Srry for my english.
    Those mobs are supposed to have a lot of competition. They're supposed to be hard to get. Being able to farm them alone is almost like an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That pet is useless anyway, I don't understand how anyone would want it.
    Gotta catch em all, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.