10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, in my opinion, IGN has always cared more about getting clicks than actually having a clue.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    ^ That's WoW.

Was that intentional? lol
    Not intentional no, still fits though.

On a more game play related note, any mention on details about how end game with be structured?

Just consider me annoyed that IGN is still a thing. They have been the butt of jokes about game journalism for as long as I have taken notice of such things.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    No, it was definitely a fan creation. IIRC it really caught on around WAR and became a thing then, because that was the first post-WoW game to get the massive pre-launch hype following that we see today (DDO/LOTRO both had followings but they weren't as large or necessarily as anti-WoW).
    It might have been a fan creation originally but many of the big publishing corporations are buying into the idea as well. If a game doesn't do better than any game ever before it is an automatic failure, which is also driven by the fact that companies are pumping more and more money into the development of games. It's an unfortunate side of the industry :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Meh, in my opinion, IGN has always cared more about getting clicks than actually having a clue.
    Honestly... if no one is clicking on your things it doesn't really matter how insightful you are

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    On a more game play related note, any mention on details about how end game with be structured?
    Can you be more specific on what you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly... if no one is clicking on your things it doesn't really matter how insightful you are
    I would prefer if they looked for a middle ground, between the two, instead.

Can you be more specific on what you mean?
    Stuff like linear or segmented, reward structures and so on, their vision for how end game will play out.

There might be info on that, I'm just lazy and figured I'd ask instead. =)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Other than hardcore raiding is a big deal, so is the drilled down single player game. From non NDA sources we know that there will be some form of progression past the level cap. I think some details have emerged under NDA, but it's definitely being iterated on.

Expect something similar to Planar Attunement in Rift, but with more meaningful choices and more interaction with what you unlock. I think it may be a mix of stat upgrades and actual abilities.

Additionally your path has levels with unlockable abilities. The levels I assume reward abilities, cosmetics, titles, pets/mounts, housing items, etc.

Stated intention is with constant story updates for solo players, think Chronicles from Rift, so that your character can progress outside of raiding.

Other than those things, most of the talk is conceptual in nature as a combination of NDA and lack of info doesn't give us the clear picture yet.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Other than those things, most of the talk is conceptual in nature as a combination of NDA and lack of info doesn't give us the clear picture yet.
    Cheers.

Sounds like they might be on a good path, guess I'll have to wait a bit further to se how it plays out as it's all about the details if I find it good or not.

Still wonder if you can get gladiator or whatever wildstar is going to call it from 2v2 arena

I think (and this purely my speculation from things I have read and seen) it will have some basic linearness to the set of quests everyone has access to. Sort of leading you to certain areas and what not. However, I think part of the function of the paths is to break that up some and give you some different options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think (and this purely my speculation from things I have read and seen) it will have some basic linearness to the set of quests everyone has access to. Sort of leading you to certain areas and what not. However, I think part of the function of the paths is to break that up some and give you some different options.
    I seriously hope that its not as linear and short as TOR was. I hope WildStar has at least as many progression path options, zone wise, as WoW had.

Deleted
    its already confirmed you have a choice of area's but not how many.. so at least two.

only the starter area's are instanced.. and ill bet fairly linear. I expect after that its pretty much go where you want with quests leading you to certain area's but the choice is yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    its already confirmed you have a choice of area's but not how many.. so at least two.

only the starter area's are instanced.. and ill bet fairly linear. I expect after that its pretty much go where you want with quests leading you to certain area's but the choice is yours.
    It may be "confirmed," but until we see it? I'll remain skeptical, or at least concerned. Too many developer "exaggerations," over the last few years, for me to just take them at their word anymore.

Deleted
    fair enough.. i expect it to be bigger than vanilla WoW with more options which is what theyve said.. and they havent lied or been found to have yet. so ill give them the benefit of doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    ...so ill give them the benefit of doubt.
    agreed.

It's easy to be skeptical about a new mmo given the track record of some of the more recent mmo's that have come out. To date, Carbine has done nothing (imo) to make me uneasy or skeptical about how this game will pan out. However, I reserve the right to be skeptical after I have played the game...
    Last edited by Boramir; 2013-06-05 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Do you believe the paths will have a big impact on the structure of raid groups and similiar?
    We know that Settlers will be able to create a spawn station within dungeons so will we see "LF1M Stormtalons Lair hardmode, any class need settler" kind of thing or do you think it will be dismissable?

And when it comes to elder/end game raids I really prefer to have choice, such as blizz did with Ulduar. The freedom to choose which bosses to kill in which order, and even be able to skip some if you'd like. It's been really rare since ulduar to see this raid structure and most raids(in any game i've played recently) have been very linear and if you're stuck on one boss you have no chance to progress until the next week.

Would you prefer the raids to be smaller but in greater number or fewer raids but larger? Maybe a mix of both?

I want the choices of zones to be like WoW's 1-60. That to me is the pinnacle of zone choice in MMO's. Each race has their OWN starting zone. You can go anywhere you please, it's entirely open world(only phasing), there's different leveling paths, and the quests are actually kind of good.

WOTLK did a nice job as well on zone choices. BC did an ok job.
    Cata(besides vashj'ir) and MOP are completely linear zone wise, you have only 1 leveling path. 1.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-06-05 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Would you prefer the raids to be smaller but in greater number or fewer raids but larger? Maybe a mix of both?
    Smaller and more.
    I would rather run something like ony than brd.

I feel like, it's hard enough getting a ton of people online and ready, don't make us do hours of trash on top of that. Give us quick access to very hard content so we can log in at 8pm and start boss attempts at 8:10.

For super long dungeon crawls, a small group is always better because you reduce the chance that someone will have to leave part way through.

I really hope there's really hard single / small group end game content that gives end game loot.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The lead Jeremy Gaffney said in one of his videos he didn't want anything selected at the character creation to screw you. So I hope that anything like that is on a super long cooldown or some other method to prevent it from being mandatory in organized pvp or raids. It would suck to always see stuff like "LF1M healer must be settler PST!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Personal preference is Naxx, Ulduar, Icecrown layouts so large with different path choices within.