Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    INSERT FIST, RECEIVE HE- Okay that sounded wrong...I can see why you chose to word it "Hit Boss"...
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    I'm interested in what kind of DPS people are pulling, in my raid group I did 87k dps on heroic twins while going full healer on day phase. I primed at 130k dps, if i recall correctly.

Horridon 110k dps, whilst doing no dps once the guy comes out.
    Huh, that's interesting.
    My Monk is BrM and I don't really have interest going heals, but as a raid leader I'm curious what kind of gear it takes to do 90k dps, and what kind of HPS you're seeing from that.

Is it basically like Atonement healing, as in half a healer and half a dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Huh, that's interesting.
    My Monk is BrM and I don't really have interest going heals, but as a raid leader I'm curious what kind of gear it takes to do 90k dps, and what kind of HPS you're seeing from that.

Is it basically like Atonement healing, as in half a healer and half a dps?
    If your MW really going for fulltime fistweaving he will pull more dps then a disc priest but less heals. Thing why disc heal more by atoment is the stupid DA they get from crit heals

Deleted
    FW is closer to 33% healing and 66% damage. It's not impossible to do fairly good numbers though, esp in situations with AoE.

Deleted
    Great guide, thanks for it !

Do you have any logs on different bosses to see what we can expect from it?

where does mastery fit into this whole equation? is it still worthless like always?

Deleted
    Mmm...I was using Rune of Re-Origination (HC version) in our raid today as mistweaver, and I had on average a ~20% up time on the buff. If that's the "severely handicapped" proc rate for non agility users, do windwalkers have a 50% up time or something?

Uptime on Jin'rokh was 30%, Horridon 19.7%, Council 25.1%, Tortos 18.4% - and half of those fights I wasn't even actively fist weaving on!
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2641&e=2959

107% haste for 10 seconds is pretty entertaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimonk View Post
    Uptime on Jin'rokh was 30%, Horridon 19.7%, Council 25.1%, Tortos 18.4% - and half of those fights I wasn't even actively fist weaving on!
    Well, nerfed non-agi proc rates aside, as long as you used a FWing ability more than once every 5 minutes, you should see the same proc rate as if you were actively fistweaving, since RPPM scales the proc rate based on the time since the last potential proc.

Besides the amusement of ridiculous haste for 10 seconds... I'd imagine an int trinket would be stronger, since the passive Agi does nothing for fistweaving and haste is weaker than crit for fistweaving DPS. Do any of the caster DPS trinkets work well for Mistweaver?

The proc rate is 1/10th for non-agility users last I looked. The trinket also has a 22 second ICD.

Do any of the caster DPS trinkets work well for Mistweaver?

Depends, these ones seem damage oriented, or healing burst oriented..: Unerring Vision of Lei Shen or Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (if you are going for power strikes instead of ascension), Jade Magistrate Figurine, and Blossom of Pure Snow come to mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Kentain View Post
    Do any of the caster DPS trinkets work well for Mistweaver?

Depends, these ones seem damage oriented, or healing burst oriented..: Unerring Vision of Lei Shen or Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (if you are going for power strikes instead of ascension), Jade Magistrate Figurine, and Blossom of Pure Snow come to mind..
    The problem with most of those is that they trigger with damaging spells so your only valid option for that trigger would be CJL and considering the nature of RPPM procs having a low probability per event you'll see a very low uptime on these trinkets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luqyolo View Post
    The problem with most of those is that they trigger with damaging spells so your only valid option for that trigger would be CJL and considering the nature of RPPM procs having a low probability per event you'll see a very low uptime on these trinkets.
    Actually, with RPPM, you only need to use CJL once in a while to get almost the same chance as someone spamming DPS spells.

The guide looks good, with one minor problem that it's a bit unclear on what exactly you mean by "fistweaving". It seems to be taken from a per-fight basis, although there's the discussion to be had about the differences between minute to minute fistweaving (prolonged duration), second to second fistweaving (throwing in a Jab --> TP every now and then), and entire fight length fistweaving. It could be confusing for people that don't already know when they should be fistweaving and how much they should dedicate to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimonk View Post
    Mmm...I was using Rune of Re-Origination (HC version) in our raid today as mistweaver, and I had on average a ~20% up time on the buff. If that's the "severely handicapped" proc rate for non agility users, do windwalkers have a 50% up time or something?

107% haste for 10 seconds is pretty entertaining.
    Clearly not working as intended... This is... very interesting... considering it goes to haste, we get 150% extra of that and since it's real haste it will effect the proc chance of other RPPM things. Will be trying to get my mitts on this now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Actually, with RPPM, you only need to use CJL once in a while to get almost the same chance as someone spamming DPS spells.
    At least once per 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Luqyolo View Post
    Um, most are on use, unerring is the only rppm.
    Hmm.. Chi Wave doesn't qualify as a damaging spell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentain View Post
    Um, most are on use, unerring is the only rppm.
    Hmm.. Chi Wave doesn't qualify as a damaging spell?
    Chi Wave is classed as a heal. Whether it's used offensively or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Chi Wave is classed as a heal. Whether it's used offensively or not.
    It procs RoR when used offensively, unless that's just another case of RoR acting odd.

CW procs Capacitance too. It's classified as both: the damage part of the spell can proc any "DPS" trinkets and the healing part of the spell can proc any "healing" trinkets. The same for CB and ZS. Not sure about CT.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Exactly, but my reasoning for the low uptime was that since you're not spamming CJL and instead you'll use it in intervals close to the maximum time between each event which is capped at 10 seconds you'll have a very jaded distribution of uptimes to say the least, something that isn't very attractive as a healer. For example with UV:LS at a 0.5 RPPM, you'll have a 11.6% chance per the aforementioned CJL tick every 10 sec (if you're at 38.87% haste) which albeit appears to be a relatively high % proc chance it would ultimately average out to a low uptime with a very high standard deviation, not to mention the pain it would be to waste 1/10 of your globals on a CJL tick for each encounter :P

Did some testing with an H TF Unerring; it can proc off CJL, all T2s and CT (assuming EH as well but... yeah). The real issues with it are the low as shit proc rate in combination with unreliably being able to take advantage of its uptime. Ideally I'm guessing we would chi dump for 3s into a CJL channel, so awkward at best, but still obviously a gain over raw mana of a Gasp or sheer stupidity of a Rune.