Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the druid had card in his hands, so the people who were expecting the rogue to win and thought the game was over does not play ccgs that much. Never think a game is over until it is. Hell the druid even went a turn to do nothing, I was sure he was holding out for something.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Based on the duels we've seen, it seems like it's fairly easy to bypass enemy minions and defenses. The game seems to be designed more for short duels, where you'd expect the game to end in less than 10 turns most of the time. It may be different when we actually get to try it of course, and defensive deck strategies may be possible too.

Deleted
    Of course that game was scripted

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Based on the duels we've seen, it seems like it's fairly easy to bypass enemy minions and defenses. The game seems to be designed more for short duels, where you'd expect the game to end in less than 10 turns most of the time. It may be different when we actually get to try it of course, and defensive deck strategies may be possible too.
    They've said that games last an average of 9/10 minutes. It's meant to be a quick pick-up game where you can do a few duels in your spare time. If you think it's easy to by-pass minions and nuke the Hero, then you haven't seen some of the Paladin/Warrior taunt decks/armour you can make =)

If you think the game was "thrown" the other poster, please let us know, turn by turn, what you would've done with the cards the Rogue has, to beat the Druid, i'd love to know.

It looks like fun to me!

Awesome match!

And it looks like they removed the +5 hp bonus from the player going second.

One of the things I don't like so far about this game is how you can get demolished late game even if you outplayed your opponent. You shouldn't be able to turn the tide like that in only one turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Awesome match!

And it looks like they removed the +5 hp bonus from the player going second.
    I've been thinking about that, and what if they just shot this vid before some of these changes were in? No idea how high the turnover in the game is to make vids behind the times. This could simply be a rather old video that simply stood the test of time cause little about what it showed had changed.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    One of the things I don't like so far about this game is how you can get demolished late game even if you outplayed your opponent. You shouldn't be able to turn the tide like that in only one turn.
    Well it's like apepi said earlier in this thread, the druid wasn't so much getting out played, as that he was working with a different tactic, and simply waited for the right opportunity to unleash what he did. You don't get such a collection of cards in your hand in 1 turn, or by accident. This deck was designed to do things like this.

Why would Paladins get Secrets and not rogues?

Ugh.

i was just wondering, is the beta actually going on and are people getting invited already or is it still in that closed only blizzard stage?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy SHIT that was crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i was just wondering, is the beta actually going on and are people getting invited already or is it still in that closed only blizzard stage?
    No, beta has not yet started. What you're seeing is Blizzard's internal alpha, played by Blizzard employees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    No, beta has not yet started. What you're seeing is Blizzard's internal alpha, played by Blizzard employees.
    Yeah, by the way it sounds, they are testing it through the office.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, by the way it sounds, they are testing it through the office.
    They are. One of the Supermods on MMO-Champion is a Blizzard employee, and they can play Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRas View Post
    Of course that game was scripted
    I don't think it was scripted. The alarm-o-bot was complete RNG, but they probably were told to save a combo (like the druid at the end) for the most 'oh shit' moment.