Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    There was an attempt to get a lot of alliance on mal'ganis a year or two ago. A bunch of people rerolled, but then of course it got boring quickly with a still dead auction house and no real raiding, mostly just world pvping. After about a month it was back to being almost completely dead again.

Just wanted to say that there are so many horrible horde on mal'ganis. I remember this from wrath. That was when there was more alliance pop but still funny (70 ganking 80s). Tons of free hks on mal'ganis horde.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q0jEsuNLDA
    You should come back to have fun with us and bring back old memories!

Someone tries this every couple of years. I signed up for one of these ventures the last time it was attempted.

It's fun at first and then people get past 20 or 30 and realize "WTF am I doing??" and go back to their main server.

If you're bored how about try another game? Rift is going FTP next week. Tera is FTP and so is TSW and GW2. They all rock in one way or another. I'd say play one of those until 5.4 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a US MMO-Champ WoW guild?

15+ Year Old Account
    All 10 of my horde on Mal'ganis rather enjoy the inequity. lawl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Some of you guys might remember my name from <Crown Defiance> (the old reroll project). Lately, I've decided I wanted to give it another go and actually be the person in charge this time as I have a lot of experience building great communities/guilds. Back in the day, I was only a peon and didn't care as much but now this is different and with about 4 months of farm content left until 5.4 patch, I'm looking for a greater challenge.

There are several issues with the Alliance side that we plan on attempting to fix, and me and some friends from <Vigil> (US4th guild) will be coming over to help with this project.

We aren't looking to get back to a 50/50 balance, but just 80/20 would be greater then what we have seen on this server over the past 5 years. We are looking for players from different backgrounds : Casual players, leveller, PvPer, Raiders. Anyone interested in serious raiding, pvp, and revival of the alliance population of this server please express your interest in the thread below. This isn't a 1-man project and if you wish to help in any way, we will give you stuff to do on your own to make this happen.

Here are the problems we will work to alleviate or eliminate entirely:

1) Poor raid progression
    2) Lack of economical flow (Will fix if problem 3 is corrected)
    3) 100% horde, 0% alliance
    4) Horde members ALL over OUR citys.

This is going to happen, and we are going to make a difference, we do need support, so please WoW community, help us out!

Sincerely yours,

Cerulea
    Take your recruits from Proudmoore... please!

i played alliance on mal'ganis from late vanilla through to mid-wrath, and it was an epic server with a great community then, would be wonderful if it could be again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    You should come back to have fun with us and bring back old memories!
    I was there when ret and casual were still there. Loved to hate smog. Goon Squad did more fun things back then too. Faction transfers really ruined alliance side in wrath. There won't be any old memories left on that server now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khetagurov View Post
    i played alliance on mal'ganis from late vanilla through to mid-wrath, and it was an epic server with a great community then, would be wonderful if it could be again.
    Come help us out!
    Last edited by Fredz; 2013-06-08 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    All 10 of my horde on Mal'ganis rather enjoy the inequity. lawl.
    Yeah funny how many Horde want to be on a PVP server where they don't actually have to PVP.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Yeah funny how many Horde want to be on a PVP server where they don't actually have to PVP.
    I love being on a PvP server and never have to deal with PvP at all. /sarcasm off

Come help us out Vajarra :P

As a former Mal'ganis ally I wish you luck, but its not going to happen. This has been tried before, but the Alliance just died a slow death starting from when they opened the pve to pvp transfers back at the end of TBC. The influx of pve horde just destroyed the server stability for like a month. I remember a bunch of the bigger guilds took off because the server was crashing all the time. Then when it was finally stable again were out numbered by horde pve'ers at like 8 to 1 and they thought 5v1 fights was great world pvp.

Then it was around mid wrath that the second exodus started. I was in Stands in fire at the time and MA left and then Ninjafy....OOPS I mean Nullify fraction changed we were all of a sudden the last 25 man running and after a couple of months we couldn't even get decent raider replacements to fill out our 25 man to push through heroic Anub so we had to give up and transfer.

All through Cata I stuck it out with my backup main in FV doing our best to raid 10 man in a social guild but when you are sitting in Stormwind on prime time and the horde out number you in your own city, you could just tell it was never coming back.
    But the Shammy that use to come and setup the picnic over the bank was cool.

Now I know that in MOP the mainstays in FV gave up a couple of months ago and transferred because they couldn't even get enough replacements to fill out an ok 10man, and while they were a more social guild, it was basically all that was left.

The horde like being on a pve server so that's what it will end up staying. To many numbers to get anything done in any reasonable amount of time. Dailies ended up being 3 times as long because you had kill a horde for every quest kill you got. I don't even want to imagine how bad the new island must have been.

But I wish you luck.

Slip
    Last edited by silveth; 2013-06-08 at 03:22 AM.

We never said it was gonna be an easy ride! That's what makes it fun.

Out of curiosity, what sort of items do dead faction AHs generally have a shortage of? I saw Matthias mention gem and enchant shortages on Spinebreaker, is it the same true on Mal'ganis?

Yes, but we can fix that with the neutral AH pretty easily

Deleted
    Always sad to see when this happens to some servers, sadly nothing I can do but I wish you all the best, hope you are successful at least in some small degree

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Why bother trying on that server as Alliance? Just re-roll on Sargeras or Kel'thuzad server and experience Alliance ownership of filthy cities like Orgrimmar.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 03:50 AM ----------

Sounds about typical in my experience. They never want to pvp unless there's 2 of them for each Alliance present. Which really sucks when ur on your Horde toon and want to kick the crap out of scrubs preventing you from getting stuff done only to have spineless pansies hover and emote instead of fight...
    My main is on Mal'ganis horde, I don't care about having the biggest faction, I want to have fun and being an underdog does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    We camp Alliance on-site on Mal'ganis. Probably not a good idea to roll Alliance here.
    To be fair, a lot of players like to play on both factions (and camp the other faction while at it), especially on balanced servers but also to help bring some fighting/danger back to servers that did go one-sided. I (personally) have no more interest in maintaining characters on multiple factions/servers but if others want to have fun and revive world PvP, best of luck to them.

What guild were you in just prior to joining Vigil? Insomniacs? Are you the same Fred?

No thanks.