Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] The Last of Us

Well everybody we only have one more week to go! The Last of Us is Naughty Dog's latest PS3 exclusive, inspired by a BBC documentary on the cordyceps fungi. As many of you know, reviews have recently come out and it is being praised by many outlets as a masterpiece. Are you excited? Have you taken the day off from work? It's pretty known now what the critics think of the game, but do you think it will live up to the hype?

For those unfamiliar with the game, here is some more information for you to go through:

Official Website:

thelastofus.com

Spoiler-free Summary:

The story is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. The survivors are hemmed inside quarantine zones, completely under the heel of the United States military, with order and screening for any Infected being viciously maintained under martial law. Joel, a hardened black-marketeer within one of the quarantine zones, goes through an event which makes him promise an old friend that he will get a young, fourteen year old girl named Ellie, away from the harsh regime to a resistance group known as the Fireflies. They begin a journey through the U.S., avoiding the Infected, humanoid creatures whose sole aim has become spreading the fungal infection. Joel and Ellie also have to avoid scavengers that survive outside the quarantine zones who see Joel and Ellie as their latest prey. Adding to their problems, the military is determined to find Ellie and bring her back under their power.
    Story Trailer

E3 Gameplay

Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-10-09 at 02:53 PM.

Playing it now, pretty fun so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Playing it now, pretty fun so far
    How can you be playing it, it isn't out yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    How can you be playing it, it isn't out yet...
    The street date/release date was broken early in Sweden, so it's out there
    Last edited by Kittahsmash; 2013-06-08 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    The street date/release date was broken early in Sweden, so it's out there
    Lucky! I have next Friday off though so I'll get an entire weekend to play it.

I don't try to get myself too hyped by the game (I've only watched some gameplay footage). If it doesn't live up to the hype, I won't get disapointed that much. If I get what the gameplay videos have been showing, I'm all fine.
    I also pre-ordered the Ellie Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I don't try to get myself too hyped by the game (I've only watched some gameplay footage). If it doesn't live up to the hype, I won't get disapointed that much. If I get what the gameplay videos have been showing, I'm all fine.
    The enemy AI doesn't quite live up to the hype, but everything else seems to so far

Looks kinda meh to me Might give it a shot in 1 year when the price is like 1/5th.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I usually try to take that approach, but I couldn't help it with this one. It looks really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its "The Road" the video game
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

actually looks awesome, shame its a ps3 exclusive

kinda reminds me of a better 'i am alive' with more dynamic elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read around 6 reviews of this game and seen a ton of videos and I'm super impressed, seriously tempted to get a cheap ass pre-owned ps3 just to play this, looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope naughty dog delivers on their "best multiplayer" ever. If it is like Read Dead Redemption's free roam online, it will be so bad ass.

5 more days till this get release here,Is the game like uncharted everything Nathan drake touch turns to shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    5 more days till this get release here,Is the game like uncharted everything Nathan drake touch turns to shit
    From what I've heard it's nothing like Uncharted (except for visuals).

Deleted
    looking forward to it, not to play it as i got no ps3 =/ Damn those console exclusives. So i probaly end up watching someone else his playthrough

This game is sooo amazing so far, another great game from Naughty Dog. I highly recommend getting this if you're considering it imo its a must if you own a PS3.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2013-06-14 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it's time to dust of the ol' PS3

Seems it's me, a crave case and The Last of Us tonight.

So I'm loving this game so far. And I think I've gotten quite far actualy. But I ran into a problem.. I can't save my game anymore. Nor can I return to the main menu. Because when I press start, the sections "LOAD GAME", "SAVE GAME", "RESTART ENCOUNTER" and "QUIT TO MAIN MENU" are all greyed out and have "Autosaving. Please wait..." behind it. Now, the problem is.. I'm afraid to turn off my console and lose the progress and neither do I want to continue playing to get further into the game and run back into my other fear, losing the progress.

So, I did do some research and found an article on IGN about this already "known" problem.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...the-last-of-us
    Seems that the way to avoid/fix it is either play offline or don't download the patch. This is good to know for people who yet have to start playing, and take this is a warning.

But that's not the reason I am posting this. I am actualy looking for help. Does anyone know a trick so I can actualy save my data and don't lose my progress? I've been playing for quite a while, figured autosave will do the trick (without having to manualy save) but I'm doubting that know. If the only option is "Replay the content".. Then so be it (not that I dislike the game and don't want to replay, but it's still a bummer to lose progress).

--------
    Serenka: "saw a thread on reddit about this, apparently its fixed now, was a server issue or something. "

Yes, I heard it's fixed aswell. But I think for the fix to actualy apply I have to restart my game. And is actualy the problem I am having. As I progressed so far into the game already, I'm afraid of losing it. That's why I am seeking help.
    Last edited by Gereorth666; 2013-06-14 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am trying to borrow someones PS3 in order to play this game. The reviews... omg the reviews... they're all mocking me for not having access to this wonderful game.