Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    43% of people are terrible at this game.

Most of the time? How about ALL of the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has excellent music but terrible and mind numbing sound effects. And the fact that the NPC voice doesn't have separate volume control is even more painful. I usually put the WoW's OST on shuffle while playing since I love em, but so long as this horrible sound effect exists and shares a volume with npc voice I'm not playing with sounds on.

The Traveler's Path and Nightsong among others are my favorite tracks of all time. It'll be stupid not to listen to them.
    Last edited by Darkfie1d; 2013-06-08 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    WoW has excellent music but terrible and mind numbing sound effects. And the fact that the NPC voice doesn't have separate volume control is even more painful. I usually put the WoW's OST on shuffle while playing since I love em, but so long as this horrible sound effect exists and shares a volume with npc voice I'm not playing with sounds on.

The Traveler's Path and Nightsong among others are my favorite tracks of all time. It'll be stupid not to listen to them.
    But isnt there a SFX volume control in Sound Options? I know i've turned it off a couple of times but also back on because i love the sound of the rain the most.

After 20 years of business Blizzard should know by now when to shut it's mouth, and if individual members like Ghostcrawler don't then the management should be slamming down and teaching them.

Blizzard has been at this game for long enough to know how the human mind works at least to some degree. It's not what you say but how you say it. Mysteriousness breeds curiosity, that's why horror stories are, to this day, still wildly popular. People want to know every little detail no matter how big or small if you say you've got some sort of "unannounced feature". Blizzard should've known the community would blow it out of proportion, as they have done with every single announcement Blizzard has ever made. People do this with virtually any announcement, no matter what it's about.

The problem is that Blizzard then go and blame the community for the hype. If Blizzard is too damn stupid to learn how the players minds work by now then that's not our fault.

As for the players being too stupid and dull-minded to not cause hype? I think people forget that it was companies like Blizzard who have shaped players like this. World of Warcraft never used to be about butterflies and rainbows, it was about grinding your ass off for cheap thrills. It wasn't necessarily hard but it was tortuously tedious. Most video games made over 10 years ago were like this.

The industry (gaming, that is) changed this by making games more accessible to casual gamers and part-time fans. They made games easier overall and less tedious. To say gamers are stupid because they want everything on a silver platter is ignorant. The industry has given players everything they've wanted for the past 10 years. The way gaming has evolved isn't always bad but it has made gamers lazy. That's partially our fault for not moaning about it in greater numbers before and partially the industry's fault for capitalizing on our own inner desire to be lazy.

Welcome to the 21st century. Where you're spoon-fed bullshit and you think it tastes mighty fine!