Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they are down playing the new feature now cause everyone hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Curious to see how the flex raids work out, means no more benching!

And I want D3 for PS3 out already!
    Flex raids might have preserved quite a few guilds that came apart after Cata launched. Ours simply could not field the 25 man and we had issues with who got to go which led to angst we never were ready to deal with
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    The problem i have with flexible raiding is that they simply should have applied this tech to the current normal and heroic difficulty.
    Instead they use it to cloak the retarded decision to introduce yet another level of difficulty for the people that hardly perform in LFR and get carried and suddenly have not a single clue in normal.

Just a desperate and sneaky measure to prevent sub loss.

What's a standard Healer to DPS ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Flex raids might have preserved quite a few guilds that came apart after Cata launched. Ours simply could not field the 25 man and we had issues with who got to go which led to angst we never were ready to deal with
    Don't think so, since it will allow realid invites for current tier for example. It would probably just speed it up. See how many are asking for less than 10?

Of course ppl are asking for less than 10 thinking about getting it even easier and also about a way to hoard more loot (that's why they're also asking for normal loot system instead of LFR loot system). Even asking for the same ilvl as normal mode, alread knowing that easier mode (please, don't use "content", there is only ONE content with 4 diferent modes now) should never drop the same "reward" as a harder mode. They alread let you pick legendary quest itens from LFR (wich will award you with the same reward a heroic player will have) and a few other things.

Shame that Blizzard just admited that not only flex will be waaaay easier than normal ("Jump in and play the game with friends, have fun, low stress, Flex." that was their marketing for LFR, except the "friend" part), but it will be kinda of mandatory to players who target normal/heroic progression as they alread say there will be upgrades (since the ilvl will probably be close enough to normal mode), but they hope that by releasing normal/heroic mode 1st, and flex/lfr later, this will fix it...

Never fixed, because as they've alread said plenty of times: "pve isn't that generous" in giving loot (for pvp players saying it would be faster to just raid instead of farm honor/conquest). Plus, they won't hold flex/lfr for the time needed for it to really make a diference (a month or more, that time frame would wield enough time for a good amount of the player base to progress trough normal and get some upgrades to render flex/lfr useless). They need to release flex/lfr mode asap or it would just be useless for the reason they want it to exist. Can you imagine the outcry of ppl having to wait so much to start the new content?
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2013-06-08 at 12:49 PM.

Seems kinda stupid, if you have 16 ppl but can't bring the 17th that is a dps because you will need a healer because of the healer to dps ratio( whatever that is).

LFR is going to be a scary place after this is implemented. All the people who carried in LFR will migrate to flex and call it good. I know I will never go back into LFR since between my normal 10 man team and flex raiding would be about my limit I could possibly do in a week. It is nice for me honestly, since I would probably only make the flex team 1/3rd of the time. I have read a lot of people who do not like the idea, but it gets me out of LFR when I have time for extra raiding. Anything that gets me out of LFR works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    Seems kinda stupid, if you have 16 ppl but can't bring the 17th that is a dps because you will need a healer because of the healer to dps ratio( whatever that is).
    No, it's up to you to decide how many healers and dps you want.
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I like how they are down playing the new feature now cause everyone hates it.
    That would be the most likely reasoning. They have been literally saying for months how this BIG FEATURE will change how we play WoW and how EXCITING it will be once 5.4 hits. Now they are backing up so hard you can hear the reverse warning beeps in every recent statement.

I mean I don't give a damn about flex raiding but it isn't that bad of a change. I just don't think what it adds is worth the effort invested in to it nor the hype GC and friends have been spouting. It perplexes me how any of them thought we would be nearly as excited about it as they seemed to think.

Well shit... after the most long-winded explaination ever, they basically are giving us back a second REAL raiding lockout per week - so i'm definitely down. Might even be better than a 10 / 25 lock out, this will be a 10 / whatever size you want lock out. Not very exciting "game feature" - but I'll take it because with what they leaned towards in adding content to MoP I expected something completely worthless and mini-gamish.

10+ Year Old Account
    A blue response "this isn't for LFR folks it's for normal folks" is said in one of those sentences.... why is there this need to "label" everyone in the game. it's kind of getting a bit ridiculous a this point. what happened to play a game because it's fun?

I wonder if flex raiding was originally intended to fit into the current normal/heroic raids but figured it would be too much of a "risk" and make yet another lockout to test it out...

Sun Eater <3

You know, all this run around the question shit is so fuckin OLD. All Bashiok has to say is "yes it was the feature ghostcrawler was originally referring to" or "no, it's something else" and people would respect the blue's alot more. This dodge the question shit is so insulting. Just because Ghostcrawler misspoke he can't swallow his pride and say I made a mistake wording things like I did? These guys are the biggest gaping vagina's in the the world.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    No, its for guilds with unstable rosters. i.e. Every single non-hardcore guild. i.e. The majority.

Please, keep whining and saying how manditory it is to get sub-normal ilevel gear. Its amusing. Especially considering many of these comments are from people who whined that 10 and 25 man are on seperate lockouts.
    Oh look another unique LFR snowflake that has no idea why the top guilds run LFR to fill in gear gaps. If you want to compete it is absolutely necessary to get the best gear available. LFR gives you another place to get 4 set bonuses and trinkets. Alot of trinkets are better procs even at the non normal/heroic level than previous tier. Get it now? The fact that people don't get this and blizzard ignores it is unbelievable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look another unique LFR snowflake that has no idea why the top guilds run LFR to fill in gear gaps.
    Guess what, YOUR GUILD IS NOT A TOP GUILD.

Top guilds don't whine and cry about other people seeing content.

Top guilds don't whine and cry about new raid lockout options - because THEY WANT TO AND LIKE TO RAID OFTEN.

Only stupid people who hardly ever see a heroic boss whine and cry and feel entitled to be shitty to other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    No, it's up to you to decide how many healers and dps you want.
    Not really... they still don't want to go into details about it, but it's obvious from what they said several times, that the dps/healer ratio will be quite strict. So the whole "flex" thing is not as flex as most may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post

Top guilds don't whine and cry about new raid lockout options - because THEY WANT TO AND LIKE TO RAID OFTEN.

Only stupid people who hardly ever see a heroic boss whine and cry and feel entitled to be shitty to other people.
    I like you. You tell it like it is

Seriously, I cannot understand the whining. Flex raiding is gonna be such an amazing addition for casual raiding guilds and Puggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how they were sitting there hyping up Flex Raids in 5.1 (or maybe 5.2) as the BIG HUGE UNANNOUNCED FEATURE THAT WILL CHANGE THE GAME FOREVER... then I think they came to the realization that not everyone wants another raid difficulty, so they tried to talk it down for the last week.

Now they're like "oh yeah, the entire 5.4 patch is game changing"

I don't hate it, though I do wish it could scale down to 8 or so -- I think that would really help the guilds struggling to fill rosters.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much, THIS. You got it clear Wheaterwax.