Page 30 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    If that's your opinion, the problem is you. Is the point of a challenge the thrill of overcoming a difficult encounter? Or is it that you can brag about your accomplishments to people who haven't been able to complete it?

Statements like "Also, who is foolish enough to take the hard route when the easy route is right in front of them?" strongly imply you see no difference between completing something at the easy difficulty level, and completing it at the hardest. If that's the case, you clearly don't play for challenge, so heroic modes aren't for you, because you clearly don't care about the challenge of completion.

If I had my way, all difficulties of raid would give the exact same ilvl gear, with higher levels of difficulty giving gear that is more visually impressive. No gearing up for heroics, no overgearing normal, just a question of skill. If you're skilled enough to do heroic, great. If you need to do normal a few times to practice and get some gear first, go for it, but at the end of the day if you're not good enough, you just can't complete heroic. Of course, everyone can complete LFR... but that does not diminish the accomplishment of those who complete heroic.
    No. Think of it like this: The thrill is breaking down an encounter like it's 4 bosses instead of 1. Each boss has several phases and to get passed one of those phases is an accomplishment. The thrill is getting to see the content at a slower pace, in essence, so you give the developers time to create more content. One time is enough for me, but I hate being able to consume the content in no time at all and waiting months for new content to come.

I have not once mentioned skill, yet people think I'm some sort of elitist for wanting the content to be gated by difficulty. What's up with that?
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-09 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    No. Think of it like this: The thrill is breaking down an encounter like it's 4 bosses instead of 1. Each boss has several phases and to get passed one of those phases is an accomplishment. The thrill is getting to see the content at a slower pace, in essence, so you give the developers time to create more content. One time is enough for me, but I hate being able to consume the content in no time at all and waiting months for new content to come.
    That is a problem with you. You have the content, you set the pace you engage in it. You know I have yet to see Lei Shen? He is not in the card because I want to get a few more valor sections and finish a few side goals before I engage him. That is the pace I set for myself. If you are consuming the content too fast and unable to grasp the idea of doing similar content in harder settings, then maybe you need a new game where difficulty levels don't exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Because it's like saying "Here's a book, but we'll only let 5% of people see the last chapter."

Or at least, it was.
    Instead of your analogy i would say something like, "Here's a book, the first 90 pages are picture stories, the last 10 pages are text, to experience the last chapter you need to learn how to read" - That was vanilla/TBC

"Here's a book, all the pages are picture stories, except at the back, in upside down mirrored writing is the last 0.5% of the story as text for those dirty basement dwellers who can read" - This is MoP.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    That is a problem with you. You have the content, you set the pace you engage in it. You know I have yet to see Lei Shen? He is not in the card because I want to get a few more valor sections and finish a few side goals before I engage him. That is the pace I set for myself. If you are consuming the content too fast and unable to grasp the idea of doing similar content in harder settings, then maybe you need a new game where difficulty levels don't exist.
    Might as well be make it a RPG and remove the MMO tag, huh? Don't really need other people if everyone is playing at their own pace.

What's the difference between killing a boss with 25 players instead of solo, using the logic of nobody else matters? It sounds to me that you are calling me the elitist, when in reality you are. You are the person that wants the game to cater to YOUR needs. Other games don't slow down their pace to fit everyone's needs, why should WoW?
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-09 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Might as well be make it a RPG and remove the MMO tag, huh? Don't really need other people if everyone is playing at their own pace.
    The term "Massively Multiplayer Online" simply means that you play in a large, existent world in which you can come across other people. It does not mean you have to play with every single one of those people in the way they deem prudent. That is why I don't take part in Normal or Heroic Raids, but spend hours instead just running dungeons, LFR, and old raids with my friends.

What's the difference between killing a boss with 25 players instead of solo, using the logic of nobody else matters? It sounds to me that you are calling me the elitist, when in reality you are. You are the person that wants the game to cater to YOUR needs. Other games don't slow down their pace to fit everyone's needs, why should WoW?
    All I want is a fun, relaxing experience between work and taking care of my family. I have no desire to take away Normal or Heroic Raids even though the removal of such systems would enrich my own experiences ten fold.

No, what I care about is that others do not remove my content in some misguided ideal that content itself can't be fun unless it is exclusive. You have the content too, and you have it in methods that I will never see. Why can't you be happy with that.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2013-06-09 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    The term "Massively Multiplayer Online" simply means that you play in a large, existent world in which you can come across other people. It does not mean you have to play with every single one of those people in the way they deem prudent. That is why I don't take part in Normal or Heroic Raids, but spend hours instead just running dungeons, LFR, and old raids with my friends.
    So, the real issue is pace through difficulty. Some people, like you, think they should be able to set their own pace through easy content while other people, like me, think the game should set the pace to slow through challenging content (which would become slower if you played at your own pace; that's where the conflict comes in and I simply don't have an answer for that). I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-09 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Because it's like saying "Here's a book, but we'll only let 5% of people see the last chapter."

Or at least, it was.
    The problem now is that no one reads the book they skip to the last chapter dont know anything about it and then leave. while the whole book should be read.

I'd ask "Why is Exclusive content a GOOD thing to some people?" Is there a good reason? I'm generally seeing none.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I'd ask "Why is Exclusive content a GOOD thing to some people?" Is there a good reason? I'm generally seeing none.
    I assume you mean Challenge instead of Exclusivity, as Exclusivity doesn't exist in WoW. Everyone can do everything, even since the first day of Vanilla. Challenge causes you to push your limits. Convenience causes complacency and boredom. This exists outside gaming as well. What the average WoW player refers to as "Exclusive Content" I call "Inclusive Content That People Choose Not to Participate In". Because quite literally everyone's account is capable of clearing all content. There is no one that is explicitly banned from raiding or PvP.

To say any content in WoW is exclusive is equivalent to a nightclub inviting you to come party in their place, and you thinking the drive is too far so you choose not to go, then say, "That nightclub is way too exclusive!" The nightclub and Blizzard are literally inviting you to come participate and they want you to, so badly.

That doesn't mean that they should move the nightclub to a house near you, because then it would be too far for someone else. It also doesn't mean that it's exclusive, either.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-09 at 07:36 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Well, like I said, people like it being exclusive because it tends to set a slower pace for everyone as a whole. In order to have exclusive content, you need challenging content. Challenging content takes time to learn and complete. For some, seeing and completing content is the end goal. If WoW had seemingly unreachable exclusive content, it would make each patch last longer for those people, including myself.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-09 at 07:44 AM.

Because as with many things these days, it's not "How high up am i?" that matters, it's "How many people are below me?", and LFR evens things out, raiding and the gear-appearance that comes with it are available to everybody, and that hurts their ego's

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Because as with many things these days, it's not "How high up am i?" that matters, it's "How many people are below me?", and LFR evens things out, raiding and the gear-appearance that comes with it are available to everybody, and that hurts their ego's
    You'd be surprised. I actively ignore the accomplishments on my account. I ride the mount I like the most, not the one that's the most rare. I don't use a title, despite having plenty that people would kill for. I use random transmog pieces that I like, not bright, big gear that's difficult to obtain. I care not about how many people are below me, but more about how people asking for less challenge directly affects me personally.

It's a bit insulting that yours is the default response to people like me, who honestly could not care less about being "above other players" or being a special snowflake. Wanting a challenge in my game does not mean I don't want other people to attempt said challenge as well.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-09 at 08:12 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    You'd be surprised. I actively ignore the accomplishments on my account. I ride the mount I like the most, not the one that's the most rare. I don't use a title, despite having plenty that people would kill for. I use random transmog pieces that I like, not bright, big gear that's difficult to obtain. I care not about how many people are below me, but more about how people asking for less challenge directly affects me personally.

It's a bit insulting that yours is the default response to people like me, who honestly could not care less about being "above other players" or being a special snowflake. Wanting a challenge in my game does not mean I don't want other people to attempt said challenge as well.
    How does it affect you?

Edit: Nerf content. QQ. Don't nerf content and instead put easier content it on it's own raid mode. QQ again. Blizzard just can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I think I'll try to explain it one last time. It's a really complex issue to grasp without thinking someone is just being an elitist. Even Blizzard has yet to recognize it (or maybe they do, but can't come up with a solution). The complexity of boss encounters in raids, for example, add to the time investment that a group must make to defeat the boss. The minor rewards are getting through each of the phases of each boss (seeing each part of the fight unfold as you progress). Once each boss is defeated, the real reward is experiencing the next boss in line for the first time. The part I underlined is important because with LFR, that reward is completely destroyed (In LFR, you ignore phases and there's little to no sense of accomplishment after each boss). It's not just the thought of the encounter's mechanics, it's the thought of the actual boss and the environment it is in, exclusively.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-09 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    How does it affect you?

Edit: Nerf content. QQ. Don't nerf content and instead put easier content it on it's own raid mode. QQ again. Blizzard just can't win.
    You could read one of my other posts to figure out why it affects me greatly. They're quite detailed, just scroll up. I also have no problem with easier content like Flex Mode, it's LFR which can be queued for and AFKed that affects me greatly.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-09 at 08:24 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could read one of my other posts to figure out why it affects me greatly. They're quite detailed, just scroll up. I also have no problem with easier content like Flex Mode, it's LFR which can be AFKed that affects me greatly.
    This?

It's LFR that kills things. It's a great tool to have and should remain in the game, but should not be part of the progression path, ever. It shouldn't have any loot rewards or have any incentive to go there for any reason other than to see bosses with your own eyes, so to speak.
    Well so sorry, but people with time constraints and RL responsibilities, or simply hate "raiding", would like to advance their gear too you know? Gear advancement (or more accurately character advancement; but in WoW gear is the only form of character advancement @ level cap) is the main point of games like these.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I honestly wonder why WE are in LFR and not where WE belong...in heroic raiding.
    Again, someone that hasn't read any of my other posts at all. I don't want to be in LFR, and apparently you don't want me to be in LFR either (although I don't know where you got all of that attitude from, as it didn't come from me.) However, despite this, Blizzard still heavily encourages Heroic Raiders to run LFR, for Titan Runestones on bosses we sat for, or the occasional upgrade which does happen quite frequently.

Read my other posts and see if you can come back with a response that isn't some blind hate you forced on me. I have never once finished an LFR and felt like I carried everyone and they all suck. You wrote that about me.

I wish, more than anything, that Blizzard would keep LFR and redesign it to fit what people want it to be. They don't care about progressing their character and they don't have time to do so, they just want to see the content. Remove the loot and incentives from LFR (as I wrote in other posts you decided you didn't have the time to read) and make it what people want it to be. A way to see the content, and nothing more.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-09 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, someone that hasn't read any of my other posts at all. I don't want to be in LFR, and apparently you don't want me to be in LFR either (although I don't know where you got all of that attitude from, as it didn't come from me.) However, despite this, Blizzard still heavily encourages Heroic Raiders to run LFR, for Titan Runestones on bosses we sat for, or the occasional upgrade which does happen quite frequently. Read my other posts and see if you can come back with a response that isn't some blind hate you forced on me.
    Optimizing your game can sometimes take extra amounts of effort, strangely enough.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd ask "Why is Exclusive content a GOOD thing to some people?"
    Because a rewrad/accomplishment is a shit reward/accomplishment if everyone has it
    Reaching lvl 10 is hardly worth praising.......killing Heroic Lei Shen on the other hand....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    It's bad for those people who can't get in. It's good for those people who can, so they can feel special.