Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Draenei, for example, who have been surrounded by demonic magic their entire lives, who have been fighting their demonic brothers since their inception to the legion, would make perfect demon hunters.
    Except any of them who actually take up those powers would be exiled, or FAR more likely, executed. They have zero tolerance for fel magics and their culture has been this way for a LONG time, ever since they left Argus.

Seriously. Night elven demon hunters are already banished from their culture and shunned by everyone because of about 10,000 years of knowing demons are bad and two invasions of the Burning Legion. Draenei have over twice that period of time knowing such and are the minor remnants of their once-pure race who was corrupted into becoming some of the strongest parts of the Burning Legion.

If night elves just banish demon hunters, what do you think a race whose sole purpose is the eradication of demons would do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Except any of them who actually take up those powers would be exiled, or FAR more likely, executed. They have zero tolerance for fel magics and their culture has been this way for a LONG time, ever since they left Argus.
    Exiled? Demon hunters basically ARE exiles. That feeds perfectly into their story.

Also, aren't undead magics "fel" in nature? Yet we have draenei death knights. I'm pretty sure night elves had zero tolerance for fel magics too...look how that turned out.

Even so, there's thousands of things blizzard could write to justify them. Things don't stay constant.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-06-09 at 05:41 PM.

Exiled? Demon hunters basically ARE exiles.
    And that'd be the most unlikely outcome. More likely they would be executed. Outright. No questions asked.

After 25,000 years of running from the Legion, which included their corrupted brothers or sisters, witnessing countless times the genocides the Legion partakes and the corruption it creates, I find it ludicrously unlikely that they would let ANY draenei who wielded fel magics to live.

Also, aren't undead magics "fel" in nature? Yet we have draenei death knights.
    No, they aren't. They're two separate branches of magic. As well, no one becomes a demon hunter against their will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    And that'd be the most unlikely outcome. More likely they would be executed. Outright. No questions asked.
    And what official lore supports this?

No, they aren't. They're two separate branches of magic. As well, no one becomes a demon hunter against their will.
    There are tons and tons of draenei who are out of the jurisdiction of the core group on Azeroth. Draenei who are off fighting demon in outland and such.

Like I said, there's thousands of things that could easily justify them.

25,000 years of running from the Legion, all the while seeing the planets they land on being corrupted along with its population, or simply outright destroyed. Seeing the evil of the Burning Legion for 25,000 years.

Their sole purpose is to destroy the Burning Legion. To destroy fel magic's source. This has created a VERY anti-fel, zero-tolerance culture. Again, if night elves simply exile their demon hunters, why do you think a culture who has faced over twice their timespan of demons and has faced the evils they create countless more times would do the same? Why would that make sense, when they have suffered FAR more at the hands of fel magic, when they have seen first-hand, countless times, the atrocities it creates?

There are tons and tons of draenei who are out of the jurisdiction of the core group on Azeroth. Draenei who are off fighting demon in outland and such.

No there isn't because they're united by the common purpose of destroying the Legion and united by their history of how fel magic is EXTREMELY bad for them. This is drilled into their minds through experience and through the teachings of their elders and has been for thousands of years.

It's not about jurisdiction or law. It's about the fact that if a draenei were to even consider this they would have to be so far out of touch of their culture and history that they would have been a social pariah already and the moment they returned to their peers they would be executed for such. Considering their history, a draenei demon hunter would be no better than the Man'ari they fight anyway.

The races I could see being demon hunters, save the two obvious, would be humans, orcs, undead, and worgen. All four of these races have significant populations of warlocks and therefore a population of demon hunters would be plausible. They also have the physical strength to fight as one. They're also able to be trained by night elven or blood elven demon hunters, who would obviously be the two prime choices if this were to be implemented as they're the only races which have shown a significant population (read: any) of demon hunters in the lore thus far.

So your "most likely execution" thing is just speculation. Based on the grand total of zero executions we've heard about.

Got it.

They seem too nice to execute someone, especially when that someone supports their cause.

Warlocks are nothing like Demon Hunters. Warlocks ARE the demons actually.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

any race can be a demon hunter if trained by another demon hunter, that is the lore.

the majority of demon hunters are nigh elves, blood elves, and humans but any race can be a demon hunter if trained, that is the lore.

the only difference between being a demon hunter or a death knight in terms of who can be one is that becoming a demon hunter is a choice.

so that means no draenei and to balance it out lets say no tauren.

any other race and its fine

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 02:43 PM ----------

So your "most likely execution" thing is just speculation. Based on the grand total of zero executions we've heard about.

Got it.

They seem too nice to execute someone, especially when that someone supports their cause.
    theres quests in outland where you are sent to kill draenei who are using fel magic. if the broken are looked at as vile disgusting lesser beings by most draenei and that was against their will then i doubt demon hunter draenei would be accepted
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No. All races shouldn't be Demon Hunters, because the Demon Hunter shouldn't be a widespread class. DHs are supposed to be recluses and hard to find, not lazy bums sitting outside an inn getting drunk off of ale in Goldshire.

I could see possibly spreading DHs to Worgens because NEs have adopted them, and the Foresaken (as Darkfallen) because Sylvannas was once an elf, and would probably like to utilize their abilities, but that's about it.
    Actually I'm with you, in my previous post I pretended to be somewhat sarcastic ... in fact I hate the extension of all classes to all races.

Currently the fact that some races can be DKs is something grotesque (like the Gnomes, Draenei, Night Elves, Worgen, Tauren, Trolls, Forsaken, Goblin) or that there are some impossible race-class combinations (like Night Elves-Mages, Gnomes-Priests, Dwarves-Warlocks, Human-Hunters, Draenei-Hunters, Forsaken-Hunters, Tauren-Paladins, Trolls-Mages, Orcs-Mages, Blood Elves-Warriors and Goblin-Mages among many more).

velen is the leader of all the draenei, all draenei are under his jurisdiction not just the one on azeroth
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

That's a stretch. There has been no indication that a draenei turned exile has been executed unless physically working for the burning legion.

In fact velen himself cured a draenei of being an exile (sadly the draenei was already on his death bed and wanted to be cured before dying).

On top of that the exile (which some have no connection to the burning legion) have been banished the same way Night elfs were banished for practicing arcane magic, but they came back into the alliance to be tolerated. Their existence is acknowledged and welcome the support but still nobody likes them. That's pretty much going to be the same reason if the exile ever rejoin the draenei by being tolerated but still hated but the exile have no ill towards the draenei (they just practice fel energy instead of the holy light).

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Actually I'm with you, in my previous post I pretended to be somewhat sarcastic ... in fact I hate the extension of all classes to all races.

Currently the fact that some races can be DKs is something grotesque (like the Gnomes, Draenei, Night Elves, Worgen, Tauren, Trolls, Forsaken, Goblin) or that there are some impossible race-class combinations (like Night Elves-Mages, Gnomes-Priests, Dwarves-Warlocks, Human-Hunters, Draenei-Hunters, Forsaken-Hunters, Tauren-Paladins, Trolls-Mages, Orcs-Mages, Blood Elves-Warriors and Goblin-Mages among many more).
    the only wrong class combination in there are tauren paladins, night elf mages, and gnome priests. everything else has established lore before they even became playable. and theres nothing wrong with those death knight races except for worgen.

any race can be a demon hunter that is their lore and unless blizzard changes it there is no arguing it, that is their lore all that is required is that another demon hunter teach them the rituals

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only wrong class combination in there are tauren paladins, night elf mages, and gnome priests. everything else has established lore before they even became playable. and theres nothing wrong with those death knight races except for worgen.

any race can be a demon hunter that is their lore and unless blizzard changes it there is no arguing it, that is their lore all that is required is that another demon hunter teach them the rituals
    Any race could be any class in theory but classes's exclusivity is something that should be preserved. Some classes are tied with some races's culture such as druid,shaman. DHs are mostly NE and few BEs. Human DH has never been confirmed by official source that is not RPG.

Got it.

The speculation's based on actual lore concerning their history and culture and is simply an extrapolation of their behavior considering these variables. Simple psychology. Yours is based on "Well... they could" and ignores THE central aspects of their faith, their culture, and their history.

And read the Velen shortstory. They're hardly as nice as you think. They're pretty gritty, actually. No real care about the Alliance... just a short-term truce while they fix their ship so they can go and combat the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's a stretch. There has been no indication that a draenei turned exile has been executed unless physically working for the burning legion.

In fact velen himself cured a draenei of being an exile (sadly the draenei was already on his death bed and wanted to be cured before dying).

On top of that the exile (which some have no connection to the burning legion) have been banished the same way Night elfs were banished for practicing arcane magic, but they came back into the alliance to be tolerated. Their existence is acknowledged and welcome the support but still nobody likes them. That's pretty much going to be the same reason if the exile ever rejoin the draenei by being tolerated but still hated but the exile have no ill towards the draenei (they just practice fel energy instead of the holy light).
    It's not about them being exiled then executed. It's the outcome of them wielding fel magic. They're EITHER exiled, or in my opinion the more likely outcome, executed. One or the other, as opposed to one and then the other.

And there's a MUCH bigger difference between night elf mages and draenei demon hunters. Night elf mages just fucked up one world. Demon hunters take into themselves the thing that has fucked up COUNTLESS worlds. Wielding the thing that caused the draenei as a group to even EXIST and the very thing that corrupted their people into the leaders of the Burning Legion, their chief enemy, and the very thing that forced them to leave their beautiful Argus to live lives wandering the Dark, watching as species after species was corrupted or exterminated by the Burning Legion in their crusade to destroy the draenei.

As far as the draenei are concerned, you're comparing rotten apples to the plague, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Any race could be any class in theory but classes's exclusivity is something that should be preserved. Some classes are tied with some races's culture such as druid,shaman. DHs are mostly NE and few BEs. Human DH has never been confirmed by official source that is not RPG.
    even though there are none ingame the lore of the demon hunter is that all thats required to become one is that another demon hunter teach you. theres no reason a race couldnt be a demon hunter except for those who dont believe in using fel magic like draenei.

blizzard will never release a class available to only 2 races again especially not a hero class.

It's not about them being exiled then executed. It's the outcome of them wielding fel magic. They're EITHER exiled, or in my opinion the more likely outcome, executed.

And there's a MUCH bigger difference between night elf mages and draenei demon hunters. Night elf mages just fucked up one world. Demon hunters take into themselves the thing that has fucked up COUNTLESS worlds. Wielding the thing that caused the draenei as a group to even EXIST and the very thing that corrupted their people into the leaders of the Burning Legion, their chief enemy, and the very thing that forced them to leave their beautiful Argus to live lives wandering the Dark, watching as species after species was corrupted or exterminated by the Burning Legion in their crusade to destroy the draenei.

You're comparing rotten apples to the plague, here.
    No, just because night elf mage corruption stopped at azeroth doesn't mean it isn't equivalent. You're automatically claiming that all draenei who practice fel magic (aka exile) are bent on destruction of their own people and the system. To bad that is your opinion not an actual fact. It's like claiming all asians are trying to take over the world, like claiming other races who can be warlock and work side by side with the draenei are going to kill them even though they are warlocks helping them, it's like claiming that one religion is the only religion.

That's utter crap and you know it

or in my opinion
    I rest my case.

even though there are none ingame the lore of the demon hunter is that all thats required to become one is that another demon hunter teach you. theres no reason a race couldnt be a demon hunter except for those who dont believe in using fel magic like draenei.

blizzard will never release a class available to only 2 races again especially not a hero class.
    I said already that in theory everthing is possible. Gnome could be druid if Malfurion teach them. DH doesn't have to be limited to only 2 races but having it available to all races is quite wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I said already that in theory everthing is possible. Gnome could be druid if Malfurion teach them. DH doesn't have to be limited to only 2 races but having it available to all races is quite wierd.
    but there is no evidence to support gnomes wanting to use nature magic. the lore for why a race would want to use demonic magic is mostly already there for most races.

demon hunter makes sense for the majority of races.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No, just because night elf mage corruption stopped at azeroth doesn't mean it isn't equivalent. You're automatically claiming that all draenei who practice fel magic (aka exile) are bent on destruction of their own people and the system. To bad that is your opinion not an actual fact. It's like claiming all asians are trying to take over the world, like claiming other races who can be warlock and work side by side with the draenei are going to kill them even though they are warlocks helping them, it's like claiming that one religion is the only religion.

That's utter crap and you know it
    Don't put words in my mouth.

If you didn't understand that I have never ONCE mentioned personal motivations I don't think we can have an intellectual discussion on this topic.

I have, throughout this conversation, been speaking of the draenei's CULTURAL RESPONSE to those who would take up fel magic. NOT why those individuals did so. NOT whether or not it could have been for the benefit of their race. Not. Once.

The draenei wouldn't like working with warlocks of other races, they'd view it as a necessary evil due to being allied with their race... a temporary evil, at that. They wouldn't let them into their cities or towns unless it was urgent, more likely than not, but we're not talking about external fel users. We're talking internal fel users and there is NO evidence WHATSOEVER that would say they would take kindly to such.

Again, night elves exile their demon hunters. They have a bad past with demons, but the draenei's history with them is exponentially worse. Why is it that despite their very EXISTENCE as "draenei" being the fault of demonic corruption and their extensive history of bearing witness to the countless horrors the Legion has wrought they would simply exile one of their own who as taken the very essence of the Legion into his or her own body?

Unless you plan on ignoring that and ignoring that despite their potential good intentions there are no warlocks among the draenei and despite their good intentions the demon hunters of the night elves are still exiled, I'd LOVE to see you make a point that doesn't contradict their 25,000 years of bearing witness to the worst the Legion can do and the culture that created.

but there is no evidence to support gnomes wanting to use nature magic. the lore for why a race would want to use demonic magic is mostly already there for most races.

demon hunter makes sense for the majority of races.
    There could be a group of gnome who want to be druid. Why not? It's possible. The fact is historically they are not related to druidsm nor demon hunter. Holy cow makes sense to because Blizzard made it so but that doesn't mean it isn't wierd. The argument that if DH teach other races then any race can be DH is weak because it could be applied to all classes. You are one of those people who want all races to be all classes? It's actually fine but I want lore to be treated seriously. I really like OP's idea of DH because it's the idea that really stay true to the class's identity. Some DH's ideas in this forum don't even look like WC3's DH.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-06-09 at 07:17 PM.