Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Listen, I love my sister, but I wouldn't go against everything I am and murder someone for her........especially if she was a serial killer. That's not love. That's having a reality snap. That's a trauma.

Also, covering for him is totally different...she wants to try and make him better, try to convince him to not do it any more, try and figure out a way to find justice but also keep him safe. Killing LaGuerta negates most of that, except maybe "keeping him safe," and that's a pretty specious claim. Consider Joey has been suspicious of Dexter since the whole corrupt cop who he killed thing.
    It's different though. If she hadn't shot Laguerta, Dexter would die. When it's one or the other, you choose family. Even if it means you having to do something horrendous yourself.

Joey isn't exactly innocent himself either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    It's different though. If she hadn't shot Laguerta, Dexter would die. When it's one or the other, you choose family. Even if it means you having to do something horrendous yourself.

Joey isn't exactly innocent himself either.
    But in reality, if she had just walked out on them both, Dexter would have been fine killing Laguerta and just gone to his regular plan.
    Deb would know about the kill, but didn't actually do it (even though technically she would live with the guilt of not stopping it).
    Got S7 in the mail yesterday, so now I've just got to finish S6 and S7 before the end of this month.

TOO KEEN!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen, I love my sister, but I wouldn't go against everything I am and murder someone for her........especially if she was a serial killer. That's not love. That's having a reality snap. That's a trauma.

Also, covering for him is totally different...she wants to try and make him better, try to convince him to not do it any more, try and figure out a way to find justice but also keep him safe. Killing LaGuerta negates most of that, except maybe "keeping him safe," and that's a pretty specious claim. Consider Joey has been suspicious of Dexter since the whole corrupt cop who he killed thing.
    If she found out and then shot him/turned him in, it would make a poor story. It's tv, dude!

I would kill for my sister in a hear beat, if i new something bad would happen to her, i.e jail.

yeah I'd kill to protect my family the same. Even my oldest brother, and he's a dick.

I would LOVE if the whole series ends with Dexter, Hannah and Harrison living quietly on a farm in Argentina, far away from any stress or people to desire to kill (apart from the occasional noisy neighbour maybe).

I fear it may end up a lot bloodier than that though, and may well have Dex taking the blame for Laguerta to clear Debs and, ironically, ending up in jail for the one murder that he didn't actually do.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Baekhyun View Post
    I'm kind of relieved. As much as I love the show, the latest season was such a mess.
    Latest one was actually one of the better, 5 and 6 were pretty bad though :/
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Latest one was actually one of the better, 5 and 6 were pretty bad though :/
    Everyone has their opinions. I'm with Baekhyun though, this last season lost a lot of my Dexter love. I think it was too much focus on Deb, who I hate except for a little comic relief.

I would defend my sister from harm. But I would not kill to further her serial killing goals. There's a huge difference. I think it's absolutely asinine to suggest Deb's behavior is in line with her character or the character of most younger sisters in the same or similar circumstance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I disagree that the show has clearly gone downhill. I will agree that some seasons are better than others, but I've still watched every one straight through and not thought about stopping. Can't wait for the new season. Although, I can't wait for Breaking Bad more! xd

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be really interesting, especially with the psychologist lady. I will say that last season had one of the best villains, Isaac was so well done and just so cool.

I kinda lost interest after the second season did it pick back up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioB View Post
    I would say the 4th season with John Lithgow was my favorite.

It definitely gets way better, i'm not a huge fan of the direction they went with the end of last season and the current season though. But, all in all it's worth it to keep watching. One of the better shows out atm as far as i'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has it's ups and downs. Everyone has their own favorite/most hated season.

Deleted
    Me and my girlfriend have been spam watching Dexter and we're on Season 3 so far, going pretty good.

Ice Truck Killer was awesome, being Dexters brother was a bit like wat
    I was pissed off in Season 2 that Doakes died, I fucking loved him and I hated Lila.
    Apparently Season 3 isnt that good?

Deleted
    I'm afraid that Hannah will get killed in season 8 most likely she returns for 4 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Me and my girlfriend have been spam watching Dexter and we're on Season 3 so far, going pretty good.

Ice Truck Killer was awesome, being Dexters brother was a bit like wat
    I was pissed off in Season 2 that Doakes died, I fucking loved him and I hated Lila.
    Apparently Season 3 isnt that good?
    He's his brother in the book. Seems fitting he was still in this, but he doesn't die in the first book.
    Eh, he wasn't such a great guy, but he was better than some other backdrop characters.

I don't think spoiler tags are necessary for something over 5 years old.
    S3 isn't great, but it's okay, it has it's moments.
    S4 was dull, S5 was great (IMO), S6 was a drag, S7 has its ups and downs.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite part of season 3 is when he slaps Miguel.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I honestly don't even remember season 3. Was that the one with him trying to become friends with that politician?
    I think it was the one with "The skinner" as bad guy and the politician(I assume he was? completely forgot), better forget about it quickly.

Personally there's a huge difference in quality between seasons for me, 1,2,4 and 7 were great but 3,5 and 6 were sloppy as hell.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think it was the one with "The skinner" as bad guy and the politician(I assume he was? completely forgot), better forget about it quickly.

Personally there's a huge difference in quality between seasons for me, 1,2,4 and 7 were great but 3,5 and 6 were sloppy as hell.
    I can agree with that, I will disagree that the season with Lumen and the rapists was quite good. A lot of tension in it. I think that was season 5.