Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the point in playing D3 right now?

Just wondering as what's the point in grinding all the time at max level even if you're paragon level 100 i've seen streamers just continuously grind, reason i'm asking is I checked the RMAH and dosnt look like things are selling for that much anymore and there's a lot of great items for really cheap on the gold AH.

I copied few of the level 100 paragon demon hunters on diabloprogress and bought close to their exact items for just around 50 mil, the gems cost me more than the actual set did, so gear obviously isn't why they're farming.

idk am I missing something? what exactly is there to be made out of playing d3 at max level when it use to be to get the best items or make cash

What was the point of playing D2? Worst case scenario: Fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Well since it's a game, I'd imagine for fun. Crazy concept.

Some people genuinely enjoy grinding endlessly. More power to them. Personally, I just log into D3 every so often, do a few Paragon levels or try out a new character, then go play another game for a while. Keeps the game fun for me.

You can ask yourself the same about WoW. Whats the point of farming gear when with the next major patch/expansion this gear will be obsolete.

My answer is: fun

I log sometimes and do a few runs, hoping for some good drop or just getting a new paragon level

WoW is different to D3 and i'm not talking about just logging into the game every now and then i'm talking about the people who play the game every day i.e the streamers, is there any money to be made from the RMAH anymore or what?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Well since it's a game, I'd imagine for fun. Crazy concept.

Some people genuinely enjoy grinding endlessly. More power to them. Personally, I just log into D3 every so often, do a few Paragon levels or try out a new character, then go play another game for a while. Keeps the game fun for me.
    Pretty much exactly this. A friend of mine kept bouncing back and forth between WoW and D3 and has quit everything just to play D3.

I see him on there all the time. I have no idea what he's doing, b/c his gear is insane and he's loaded with gold. My only guess is that he really enjoys smashing through things on his Monk. And to be honest, I sort of understand it, as the periods I spent the most time with the game I was in zoned out bliss town. It's a very psychologically addicting gameplay. I just don't fully understand how it can replace every game and be satisfying enough.

Maybe it touches a similar place in the brain that gambling does? Who knows? For me it is just like you said, I get on every now and then (probably twice a month) to do a couple of runs, get some levels on an alt, and then move on again. While the game was diappointing on release, it's very solid now and will only be better I imagine. I'ev never gotten crazy loot, or even useful loot from drops, but it was still an enjoyable time.
    BAD WOLF

Smushing demons and zombies. I charge into a group of demons, smash them with my massive axe and send their puny bodies flying for miles.

Anybody need a better reason to play Diablo games?

Deleted
    Because the game is really fun. I have a paragon 100 barbarian, and I love playing around with different builds to see what I can accomplish.
    Currently leveling a wizard to paragon 100, and it's really fun to see the experience bar move while killing loads of demons and see the beam from legendarys on the ground.

Also, I like the playstyle. It's fast and intense with very little downtime between monster packs due to the monster density in the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    WoW is different to D3 and i'm not talking about just logging into the game every now and then i'm talking about the people who play the game every day i.e the streamers, is there any money to be made from the RMAH anymore or what?
    There is also money to be made from streaming.

You know we live in strange times when people are asking what the point is in playing a game. Fun, I heard, was the ideal goal.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't the entire point of the game was to find shit by mfing however mf'ing is fucking shit even at lvl 100 aka me which I have been for months. It isn't fun finding a bunch of shit every run you do farming at mp 8 / 10 every god dam day when I use to play like literally my average typical runs were like this
    Yellow x 9999999999 vendored
    Legendary- brimstonnedx9999

99% of the shit you find is worthless and that's a fact unless you do something called ''Self found mode'' or even a new hardcore char It's only a miracle you find something useful from once a blue moon to be worth a shit especially how fucking awful the economy is right now.

1.09 could have some hope don't get me wrong but right now as for myself in my honest opinion move on to another game until then aka which is dota for me for about 24/7 even then I have no hope for it because quite frankly they have no clue what the fuck they've been doing.

Deleted
    One does not simply enjoy games these day...

What's the point of playing any game? If you don't enjoy it, don't play it, it's as simple as that.

Fun is a valid answer, sort of. Diablo 3 doesn't have a system where you can free roam though... You can only go through the same acts and quests over and over again. After a couple hundred times it would seem it would lose its flair. Not saying there aren't people who have fun with it. I just can't see how it is fun.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    and there's a lot of great items for really cheap on the gold AH.
    Define "cheap". Because I can't upgrade any gear without having a billion gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Fun is a valid answer, sort of. Diablo 3 doesn't have a system where you can free roam though... You can only go through the same acts and quests over and over again. After a couple hundred times it would seem it would lose its flair. Not saying there aren't people who have fun with it. I just can't see how it is fun.
    Not every game needs an open world, D3 is fun the way it is, combat is extremely bloody, fast. Personally that's my favorite part i always get into it at least for few hours every week, also you not seeing it as fun doesn't mean others see it that way as well, crazy i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Define "cheap". Because I can't upgrade any gear without having a billion gold.
    I think its more about the definition of "great" than "cheap".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Not every game needs an open world, D3 is fun the way it is, combat is extremely bloody, fast. Personally that's my favorite part i always get into it at least for few hours every week, also you not seeing it as fun doesn't mean others see it that way as well, crazy i know.
    This. Asking what the point of playing this game is to ask why people raid Heroics in WoW and any end game content in any game. To get a good jump on new content on the next expac. Its a really silly Question OP. When new stuff comes out, Do you want to be 1 of them players that are broke and left out? No. I already have 14 billion saved for walking into the new expansion. Are you ready?
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    This. Asking what the point of playing this game is to ask why people raid Heroics in WoW and any end game content in any game. To get a good jump on new content on the next expac. Its a really silly Question OP. When new stuff comes out, Do you want to be 1 of them players that are broke and left out? No. I already have 14 billion saved for walking into the new expansion. Are you ready?
    Don't think you got the question I asked why the people who grind 24/7 literally mainly streamers play when there's no money in the game like there use to be, I already know the game is fun I enjoy it myself and it's nothing like WoW so don't compare it to WoW.

Deleted
    D3 is a dress 'em up game. If you don't like the style, then there is no point playing.