Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

once we reach 50% haste as ret...

does that mean we reach a softcap for haste? I mean, our GCD reaches 1 second then. and I can see how our spell CD's could reach a point where we're GCD capped.

Won't happen any time soon. Perhaps next teir, which is why people are speculating that mastery builds may be viable next teir.

Actually people already have almost 50% in raids. After that you just dump in your second best stat, don't see how it can be named a mastery build in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Actually people already have almost 50% in raids. After that you just dump in your second best stat, don't see how it can be named a mastery build in that sense.
    I assumed we were talking unbuffed.

Deleted
    Actually people already have almost 50% in raids.
    Not rly. +10% is taken as attack speed. Eventhough tooltip shows more haste (in my case 47%), it's not making abilities cds and gcd shorter.
    (I'd like to be wrong here, but havnt seen any change of unbuffed CS cd and raidbuffed CS cd)

Deleted
    BL with some trinket procs can make GCD like 0.5 second

Deleted
    Always thought for paladins the limit is 1sec @ 50% haste - seemed to me exceptions were DK, rogues, and probly cats.
    Well. I need next 6 years of playing probably

Quote Originally Posted by Somali View Post
    .5 gcd = 200% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    .5 gcd = 200% haste.
    In current expansion closest scenario would be hero + darkmist vortex proc after returning from garajal* with well stacked buff, but doubt it would be more than 130-150% (but cba to calc it).
    Still seems to me it's limited to 1sec - CDs of abilities will still go down, but GCD wont.

* I always mix names of Haggara with Gara'jal. Damn totems.
    Last edited by mmoc3a2f805a1a; 2013-06-11 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Not rly. +10% is taken as attack speed. Eventhough tooltip shows more haste (in my case 47%), it's not making abilities cds and gcd shorter.
    (I'd like to be wrong here, but havnt seen any change of unbuffed CS cd and raidbuffed CS cd)
    This maybe be true, regardless it is possible (not optimal, however) to get up to 40-45% haste with current gear, so next tier will most definitely allow up to 50%. Regardless more haste, including the attack speed buff will still allow more art of war procs which may lower mastery's value a tiny bit.

53% haste or something raidbuffed + 5 haste stacks on primordius + lust.
    Lord have mercy.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    53% haste or something raidbuffed + 5 haste stacks on primordius + lust.
    Lord have mercy.
    I was tanking this week, got 5 stacks of haste right in a row. Upon the 5th stack of the same buff you get a bad debuff, g fuckin g haha. 4 haste stacks and a different one would be unreal though.

Deleted
    is it actually possible to affect the type of buff you get from Primordius? I mean, If I could get 4 stacks of haste and 1 of mastery reliable, I'd piss myself of happiness.

Afaik it's completely random - the only thing you can do is purge the first few stacks if they're all bad but that's usually just a waste of blood pools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somali View Post
    No, the GCD is hard-capped at 1 second. The only way to go below that is with things that specifically reduce it below 1 second like the rogue set bonus.

This maybe be true, regardless it is possible (not optimal, however) to get up to 40-45% haste with current gear, so next tier will most definitely allow up to 50%. Regardless more haste, including the attack speed buff will still allow more art of war procs which may lower mastery's value a tiny bit.
    It won't. Art of War isn't going to sway haste after unbuffed 50%. It will be mastery all the way after that point. It's already viable (for me at least) to go mastery instead of haste for really short fights, but I can't be bothered with all that on farm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Actually even in normal mode gear, and w/o the haste 2hnd weapon i'm sitting at 40% unbuffed haste, so i'd assume that the people in heroic gear (possibly tf) are at 50% or past that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I was tanking this week, got 5 stacks of haste right in a row. Upon the 5th stack of the same buff you get a bad debuff, g fuckin g haha. 4 haste stacks and a different one would be unreal though.
    no you dont?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Won't happen any time soon. Perhaps next teir, which is why people are speculating that mastery builds may be viable next teir.
    with raid buffs my guildie is at 47% haste and im at 45% and were just starting on hardmodes atm

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    with raid buffs my guildie is at 47% haste and im at 45% and were just starting on hardmodes atm
    Again, I was talking Unbuffed.