Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    But for any sub 20 world guilds, if they're actually faction changing for the sole purpose of better racials; I have to call them out on being delusional. My guild is Horde but half of our DPS aren't even Orc or Troll and we do quite well.
    Considering that the ranks can be determined by mere hours, it is a very valid concern.

Sad news. One of the biggest reasons I stopped playing WoW was being tired of the fraction I play being shit on, left out, and shunned by players and devs alike. Its like, why bother? Just make one fraction since 9 in 10 want to be horde anyway.

I was actually hoping that new big feature would have been either cross fraction play, or racials disabled in instances. Something like Rift does. (And off topic, Im, happier playing Gaurd in Rift even though most people are Defiant, simply because I can be in an active guild and still be the race I want. Same with pvp too.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Server first is a big deal on many servers, even on shitty progress. So yes it is a big deal, you are telling people to not be competative in the best way they can. You are telling human nature to buzz off. :P
    Most servers are so out of whack faction balance wise that going from Alliance to Horde is going to completely alter a guild's standing one way or the other. A hell of a lot more than a sub 1% change in DPS will.

As an officer in 10/13H that made the jump from Alliance to Horde the racials weren't the deciding factor. First off we were on US-Stormrage which is a very overpopulated server and with summer work schedules it made our required 3 hour 3 day schedule turn into 7-8 hours if someone couldn't get off work on time and get in queue for the hour wait. So we chose another server and swapping to Horde is a no brainer for recruits, while we may not be the most attractive guild to some people there were plenty that only turned us down because of Alliance. The DPS increase was just icing on the cake.

What I cannot understand is the fact that blizzard through their own words are well aware of the issue of faction inbalance and yet there is still this ongoing issue.

I mean I play alliance and yes for pvp our racials are great EMFH, but that is one race out of the entire faction
    pve wise horde have blood elves, troll, orc hell even goblin racials are very cool.

I think blizzard will make changes if during the 5.4 SOO raid the top progess is all horde side.
    I mean if they see 1-2 alliance guilds and 10-15 horde guilds, hopefully that will wake them up.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    What I cannot understand is the fact that blizzard through their own words are well aware of the issue of faction inbalance and yet there is still this ongoing issue.

I mean I play alliance and yes for pvp our racials are great EMFH, but that is one race out of the entire faction
    pve wise horde have blood elves, troll, orc hell even goblin racials are very cool.

I think blizzard will make changes if during the 5.4 SOO raid the top progess is all horde side.
    I mean if they see 1-2 alliance guilds and 10-15 horde guilds, hopefully that will wake them up.
    If they do make changes they should offer free transfers back. imo.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Velfar View Post
    As a casual raider (2 nights a week) on Frostwhisper Alliance, I find it cool to see a guild like Sanitas coming to our server. Makes the server more interesting, and more importantly it gives me higher ranked faces to shoot in world PvP That doesnt weigh up for the downside of the blizzard offer though. It's been a while since frostwhisper was active ally-side, but it has never ever been as dead as it is now. This winter we've had 3 casual raiding guilds, and that has been enough to work together to kill oondasta every once in a while. Now we are only one guild, mostly what you can call veterans on frostwhisper alliance, left. All the other PvE guilds have left one by one, with the last ones getting the motivation to leave when the 50% offer came around. It was like thecoup de grace for low pop factions/realms like ours. Weird imo:/
    Most low pop servers are dying when it comes to raiding guilds and has nothing to do with what faction you are. Racials are only part of why people go horde.... more selection of quality raiders have gone horde it seems. So it makes recruiting much easier. Also even if blizzard decides to make racials all cosmetic. Alliance loses out still anyway because there would be no reason to waste $$ and faction change back when everyone you need is horde already.

So its a lose/lose for the OP so this topic is null and void imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    The troll racial this tier was almost an insult.
    Ahaha. Beast Slaying?

The one time Beast Slaying was or will ever be useful since my days grinding boars in the Valley of Trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ScrubBusters is a good example of an Alliance guild that proves that endgame raiding is more than possible on Alliance racials.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sanitas on EU-Grim Batol (i believe) alliance guild, who was mainly people from the guild, Sluga typer och en Naga on frostwhisper, and they just moved back. As far as i know, they didnt like alliance or the server

10+ Year Old Account
    <tinfoil hat>
    Blizzard hate Alliance. Alliance has the worse PvE racials. Got a mechanical cat quest as an introduction to 4.3. Have to pay 10G to go do the 4.3 weekly.
    </tinfoil hat>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velfar View Post
    As a casual raider (2 nights a week) on Frostwhisper Alliance, I find it cool to see a guild like Sanitas coming to our server. Makes the server more interesting, and more importantly it gives me higher ranked faces to shoot in world PvP That doesnt weigh up for the downside of the blizzard offer though. It's been a while since frostwhisper was active ally-side, but it has never ever been as dead as it is now. This winter we've had 3 casual raiding guilds, and that has been enough to work together to kill oondasta every once in a while. Now we are only one guild, mostly what you can call veterans on frostwhisper alliance, left. All the other PvE guilds have left one by one, with the last ones getting the motivation to leave when the 50% offer came around. It was like thecoup de grace for low pop factions/realms like ours. Weird imo:/
    Sanitas is just Sluga. And if you think Ally on frostwhisper is dead, then last summer, if you know Flammables on horde, (Mazurimo on alliance) said that it required the whole ally side to work together to get a 25 man raid for Occul'Thar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    <tinfoil hat>
    Blizzard hate Alliance. Alliance has the worse PvE racials. Got a mechanical cat quest as an introduction to 4.3. Have to pay 10G to go do the 4.3 weekly.
    </tinfoil hat>

HORDE BIAS!

Seriously though, the mechanical cat quest kinda did suck. Varian needs to stop sending Sully to do these things. Or at least make him build some less goofy gadgets.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-06-11 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    I think ScrubBusters is a good example of an Alliance guild that proves that endgame raiding is more than possible on Alliance racials.
    As a guild that tries to optimize everything horde racials obviously do come out a bit on top. However faction changing our entire main plus alt roster, along with a realm change (along with a lot of social ex raiders being in the guild) because The Maelstrom horde is quite dead is quite costly.

Perhaps it's inevitable for the future though if nothing changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post

HORDE BIAS!

Seriously though, the mechanical cat quest kinda did suck. Varian needs to stop sending Sully to do these things. Or at least make him build some less goofy gadgets.
    A people killin' axe!

But yeah, the Horde questline was awesome, the fighting building up to the dialogue between Thrall, Baine and Vol'jin was a nice build up that said this is going to be huge. Alliance side was seriously underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    A people killin' axe!

But yeah, the Horde questline was awesome, the fighting building up to the dialogue between Thrall, Baine and Vol'jin was a nice build up that said this is going to be huge. Alliance side was seriously underwhelming.
    I will agree with the racial bias but not the questline yes 5.3 was great for horde but that was only one patch in one expansion for almost the entirety of wraith our quest's were amazing while the horde quests were just kinda meh

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I will agree with the racial bias but not the questline yes 5.3 was great for horde but that was only one patch in one expansion for almost the entirety of wraith our quest's were amazing while the horde quests were just kinda meh
    Yeah, just one part. Still sucky-lame though. Lotta potential that they missed out on. Glad they got some Zen'tabra action, but that's about it. I don't count them out to not deliver for 5.4, but who knows.

On a less serious note: HORDE BIAS ANYWAY. ALWAYS AND FOREVER. OMFG BILZARD.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC only said about changing Alliance racials so that they may stay on the same level as Hordish.
    Still, Unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I just wanted to be Belf Female
    Sigh.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    GC only said about changing Alliance racials so that they may stay on the same level as Hordish.
    Still, Unlikely to happen.
    The problem is that any time people mention buffing the alliance racials the horde fanboys nearly attack the thread taking offense that the alliance may get something good for pve.