Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Hunter 5.4 ptr changes

Tier Set Bonus

- Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.

- Item - Hunter T16 4P Bonus (New) Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

Spells

- Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 100% weapon damage plus 2,306 150% weapon damage plus 3,459 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 20 Focus. 40 yd range. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.

Talents

- Aspect of the Iron Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 25%, and reducing all damage taken by 15% 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. Replaces Aspect of the Hawk. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

- Binding Shot You fire a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 5 yards of the landing arrow for 10 sec. If targets move 5 yards from the arrow they are stunned for 5 sec (3 sec PvP) and will be immune to the effects of Binding Shot for 10 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec LvL 30 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.

- Spirit Bond While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% 3% of total health every 2 sec. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent.

Beast Mastery

Exotic Beasts You master the art of beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and reducing the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 0%. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.

Marksmanship

- Silencing Shot A shot that silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - LvL 30 Talent Marksmanship Spec. 40 yd range. Instant. 24 sec cooldown.

Major Glyphs

- Glyph of Mend Pet Gives your Mend Pet ability a 50% 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick. Major Glyph.

- Glyph of No Escape Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by 20%. Major Glyph. 100%. Major Glyph.

Personally I like the 2pc, what do you guys think?

Both tier setbonuses looks very interesting tbh, not really bothered with the other changes as I don't really PvP.

Dat 4 piece for SV and BM.

Blizzard fucked MM in the ass again. I'm not even sure why Aimed Shot exists anymore. Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Blizzard fucked MM in the ass again. I'm not even sure why Aimed Shot exists anymore. Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.
    And this hurts Aimed Shot how?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    How does it not? It means you have to cast Arcane as a Focus dump. I can actually see Arcane being better than Aimed during CA phase too... Also did I mention the Focus + Damage buff to Arcane?
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-12 at 02:23 AM.

One of the biggest things making hunters hate playing Marksmanship is the constant confusion of whether Arcane Shot or Aimed Shot is better to use as a focus dump. It's an awful system and rotation and the debate's been there for years. Personally I hate that different haste cooldowns effect which one is better to use. MM needs a revamp.

How does it not? It means you have to cast Arcane as a Focus dump. I can actually see Arcane being better than Aimed during CA phase too... Also did I mention the Focus + Damage buff to Arcane?
    Did you forget to mention that you already have 2 RFs during a CA phase? Did you also forget to look at the 4pc bonus or just ignore it?

Silencing Shot baseline marks o_o

oh god

Deleted
    Really not sold on the tier bonuses. The 4 piece looks fine for Survival but awkward for the other two specs. The 2 piece looks kind of weak but that's without doing any math, so I'll hold off on my judgement for that one.

I'm annoyed about losing Silencing Shot and 5% damage reduction on Aspect of the Iron Hawk. I mean, when will blizzard realize that preventing damage is always going to be better compared to healing damage back up? Wasn't Wind Lord (or Blade Lord, god knows which is called what) the only fight where Spirit Bond was used?

The Arcane Shot change might be a little annoying but that doesn't look too bad. The amount of focus I lose from capping at the start of a fight with Bloodlust is a massive loss already. We'll see less Cobra Strikes procs now as well.

Did you forget to mention that you already have 2 RFs during a CA phase? Did you also forget to look at the 4pc bonus or just ignore it?
    What does having 2 RFs during CA phase have to do with anything? The 4pc bonus means you use 2 Aimed Shots instead of 1. My point still stands that this patch broke MM completely for PvE but makes it mandatory for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The Arcane Shot change might be a little annoying but that doesn't look too bad. The amount of focus I lose from capping at the start of a fight with Bloodlust is a massive loss already. We'll see less Cobra Strikes procs now as well.
    From a BM perspective I like that change considering I spend the first 40 seconds of the fight at 100+ focus.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-12 at 02:39 AM.

What does having 2 RFs during CA phase have to do with anything? The 4pc bonus means you use 2 Aimed Shots instead of 1...
    Well if you are spamming Arcanes during the CA phase when you know you have 2 RFs due to readiness you're a bad hunter and the 2pc isn't going to matter or affect your miserable dps in any manner.

Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has.

HHHHHNNNGGGGGGGG

all specs get 2 RF at the start of a boss fight, so thats pretty much invalid response

i believe he was referring to the focus dump aspect as this tier haste is getting to be the number 1 secondary stat, with high haste its possible that AiS becomes a viable focus dump instead of arcane shot, so skipping arc shot for MM

with the 2/4set bonus, there is little synergy, as in would you use AiS 4set bonus for a focus dump or arcane shot to focus dump to reduce RF cd?

so question is
    50% reduction in AiS cast(4set) = more dps for 50 focus dump
    OR
    continue arcane shot(30 focus) for shorter RF = more DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm annoyed about losing Silencing Shot and 5% damage reduction on Aspect of the Iron Hawk. I mean, when will blizzard realize that preventing damage is always going to be better compared to healing damage back up? Wasn't Wind Lord (or Blade Lord, god knows which is called what) the only fight where Spirit Bond was used?
    I think i only ever took spirit bond on will of the emperor lol.
    Feel the same way though, i don't see why they would reduce the iron hawk damage reduction. Its not as if its used in pvp at all where we are apparently overpowered.
    Why they decided to put silencing shot for mm only baffles me beyond belief. Its already the "must take" talent for almost all encounters in the current tier.

I can see why they increased the cost of arcane shot, the 2p bonus with the current way arcane shot is used to avoid focus capping would decrease the cooldown on rf by too much.

I quite like the 4p bonuses for surv and bm.

Of course lets remember that this is super early in the test life so we can only hope that quite a few things are changed.

I lovelovelovelove the AS change. Faster focus dumping, me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gileso View Post
    I think i only ever took spirit bond on will of the emperor lol.
    Feel the same way though, i don't see why they would reduce the iron hawk damage reduction. Its not as if its used in pvp at all where we are apparently overpowered.
    if u run with a healer in 3s, you generally choose this talent anyway
    but they removed the damage reduction on boomkins and spriest, so its better than it actually sounds

Because right now hard casting aimed shot is more DPS than using arcane shot (before hotfix haven't tested again). This arcane shot change will make it required along with the two set bonuses to actually use arcane shot again with marks.

The big change - arcane shot - basically makes TOTH extremely valuable now from rough math.

The animal bond is pretty awesome but still doesn't feel strong enough to warrant usage. Maybe there will be a few more fights now where it is useful.

Overall my entire thought process with every single change from set bonuses to silencing is "What is Blizzard doing?". Hopefully it will make more sense when more changes are made.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-06-12 at 02:57 AM.

great new patch more new things for user penguintamer to cry and whine about