Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why does LFR need to have a point to run for Normal/Heroic raiders? Loads of people hate running LFR in addition to normal raiding, and while I don't mind having to do it, having LFR loot be lower than ToT normal would quiet a lot of complaints
    Becease a lot of non-raiders will be in 520~ gear once SoO hits. Whats the point of making SoO LFR gear worse than Valor/world boss gear?

They could add a shared lock-out to LFR/normal for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Becease a lot of non-raiders will be in 520~ gear once SoO hits. Whats the point of making SoO LFR gear worse than Valor/world boss gear?

They could add a shared lock-out to LFR/normal for all I care.
    The only way they'd have that loot is if they did LFR a ton to get the rep, wouldn't exactly call them "non-raiders."

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way they'd have that loot is if they did LFR a ton to get the rep, wouldn't exactly call them "non-raiders."
    Ok, those who don't do normal/hc raiders. Formerly known as 'non-raiders'.
    But those are just semantics.

Ok, those who don't do normal/hc raiders. Formerly known as 'non-raiders'.
    But those are just semantics.
    Well, seeing as how if you just do LFR you could probably be decked out in 522 Valor Gear, I guess it would be a better idea for Orgrimmar LFR gear to be better than 522.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Anything below ilevel 522 doesnt make sense as you get 522 from shadow pan group on IoT...
    That's exactly why 554 Heroic, 541 Normal, 527 Flex, 521 LFR should happen.

Because I don't want to have to do IoT dailies, then do LFR just to get into Flex.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Because I don't want to have to do IoT dailies, then do LFR just to get into Flex.
    No reason to do IoT dailies, you don't get the correct rep from those dailies.

10+ Year Old Account

-LFR is not aimed at normal raiders
    -LFR sharing a lock-out with normal/flex would also solve the issue.
    -If you have 2/2 upgraded normal gear you also won't have to run Lfr.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2013-06-12 at 09:35 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to do IoT dailies, you don't get the correct rep from those dailies.
    Only makes my point of the higher ilevel plan making gating worse. You almost have to do full ToT then.

-LFR is not aimed at normal raiders
    -LFR sharing a lock-out with normal would also solve the issue.
    -If you have 2/2 upgraded normal gear you also won't have to run Lfr.
    Exactly, which is why LFR iLevels being required for Normal raiding is a system that has to stop.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Only makes my point of the higher ilevel plan making gating worse. You almost have to do full ToT then.

Exactly, which is why LFR iLevels being required for Normal raiding is a system that has to stop.
    LFR is in no way required for normals.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2013-06-12 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    From datamining, the gear right now is 554 Heroic, 541 Normal, 527 Flex, 521 LFR, with only Normal and Heroic getting TF (or whatever they're going to call it).

But, GC tweeted they might do 566 Heroic 553 Normal, 536 Flex, and 528 LFR.

What's better in your eyes? Obviously a lot of people would like the 1st one, where Orgrimmar LFR gear is lower than Normal ToT so technically Normal raiders won't "have" to run LFR, and maybe Flex if they want to

But, either way, what's kind of strange in both cases is how....low flex gear is, thought it's be closer to Normal than LFR. Maybe Flex will be easier than we thought?
    I think the tweet is more reasonable.
    ATM we have 535 heroic items, i really am not in a massive progression guild, so when im clearing bosses, i wanna get upgrades, not side grades. 566/553 much better imo

Deleted
    It all depends how they design catchup with t16. As it stands to make it into flex you will have a hard time running LFR. First through the t14, then t15 (they improved bonus roll %) and are then vaguely ~500. Which might be enough for t16 LFR but hardly for flex. Capping valor for weeks just to get into flex seems not interesting at all - flex should be more like an alternative for those who don't want LFR and might go for nhc later. Knowing how many pug players are really bad and raidleaders adapted with demanding absurdly high ilvl for invites this would not really help. So if they made normal ToT pugable (some nerfs?) for those with 500ivl it would might help amd the motivation is the 1ilvl more on the gear here compared to t16 LFR.
    More content to do - win/win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need this????? Why did they get rid of Separate Lock outs???? Why did they destroy 25man raiding??? So they can have more required raids.... Now I will have to do LFR then I will have to do Flex raid and then do my Normal raid..... That is 3 raids per week compared to back when we just had 10m and 25m.... What is the point of this????

Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    I think the tweet is more reasonable.
    ATM we have 535 heroic items, i really am not in a massive progression guild, so when im clearing bosses, i wanna get upgrades, not side grades. 566/553 much better imo
    the issue with that is that its really dumb for that big of a gap. for blizz to balance normal modes. do you have out 553 gear for people in 525 gear like most guilds from last teir will start? or do you balance normal mode at 536 gear and make anyone who isnt full heroic coming in fail to clear normals within a month.

I personally want
    558-560 heroic
    542-545 normal
    534-536 flex
    526-528LFR

then you balance normal around like like 525-535 on a per wing basis basically progressively getting harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonxx View Post
    Why do we need this????? Why did they get rid of Separate Lock outs???? Why did they destroy 25man raiding??? So they can have more required raids.... Now I will have to do LFR then I will have to do Flex raid and then do my Normal raid..... That is 3 raids per week compared to back when we just had 10m and 25m.... What is the point of this????
    If you don'T have fun playing the game and get 100% out of your character you might should just stop trying. There are people with way more time and motivation than you seem to have and for those people it's no problem at all. That said: 100% isn't really demanded anywhere. If you are obsessed with it, then get yourself together and to it instead of whining about it.

i prefer super high heroic gear'd people. id love to see a full 566 mage (or 570) busting out 900k pyroblasts n stuff even if im not the mage doing so. 553 normal and 536 flex and 528 lfr gear is fine too.

I was actually hoping for much higher ilvls, considering the wrathion quest cloaks are 600 :/

I'd of liked something more like 605/615/645/675, with the final Legendary being something like... 700.

Yes, I am insane and I love stat inflation :x

Deleted
    Please let the LFR ilvl be 521, then it's right bellow the current normal mode thus normal mode raiders won't have to enter LFR at the tier launch to get upgrades.

Deleted
    528 for lfr gear, 6 points above vp gear this tier. Thats the same as the upgrade last time from vp 496 to 502. Perfect.

Why any normal raider would do lfr at 528 when they will likely have 522 upgraded to 530 gear i'm not sure?

If its 521 then SoO will lose interest for lfr very quickly and more people do lfr than normal/heroic. Got to play to your audience here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The later is better IMO. At the previous rate, it would be easy to clear gear checks in SoO with T15 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does LFR need to have a point to run for Normal/Heroic raiders? Loads of people hate running LFR in addition to normal raiding, and while I don't mind having to do it, having LFR loot be lower than ToT normal would quiet a lot of complaints
    Yes, but anyone who has run LFR fairly regularly already has 515-ish, and will be maxed out at ~530 in 2 months without going near normal mode.

So, what's LFR for, again?

I use it to cap valor and buy valor gear/upgrades, mostly, because it only takes 2-4 weeks to gear up in an LFR tier with coins.

Flex might appeal to me but I'm unsure my schedule will allow that even with virtual realms.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgo81 View Post
    Why any normal raider would do lfr at 528 when they will likely have 522 upgraded to 530 gear i'm not sure?
    The thing is, in 2 more months anyone who has run LFR regularly will also have full 522 valor gear upgraded to 530 (plus bits from Nalak/Oonie). I see a whole lot of that already.